Deposits only $50

krispykreme97

A warning to all taking advantage of this promotion.

Last time I remember them running it, many were cancelled due to "not putting down the full deposit". It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand was doing.

Last time I remember them running it, many were cancelled due to "not putting down the full deposit". It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand was doing.

I remember hearing something about this problem, but as I recall most were due to people altering the booking in some way, such as changing staterooms, upgrading, putting in for a price drop, etc., causing the original fare code to be changed, therefore causing the promo that was tied to the original booking to expire. If the new fare code did not also come with a reduced deposit, then the full deposit amount was immediately due. I think the real problem was that people weren't aware (or made aware) of the increased deposit being due once the far code was changed and so had their cruises cancelled for lack of full deposit payment.

Edited by CruzCrazy

Last time I remember them running it,

many were cancelled due to "not putting down the full deposit".

It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand was doing.

Hey...PAY the full deposit and sleep better.

You're not saving anything. You still have to pay the full thing when all is said and done.

Most of the time people run into problems with these reduced deposit promotions when they go to make a change to their booking (usually after catching a price drop). If you make any type of change to your rate or room category, the full deposit will become due. Alot of times Carnival won't tell you that. So just beware.

Here is the copy of the booking rate and disclaimer for a mock booking I did. Here is what I see confusing and conflicting:

It says you MAY lose the reduced deposit??? Vague language here.

Also what confuses me is that it is combines with an early saver rate which allows price protection so how can they take away the reduced deposit for a price reduction.

Also it says changes are permitted for a $50 fee so if you change cabins or upgrade etc. is it a $50 fee or reduced deposit forfeiture or both???

----------------------------

$1,396.00 - Early Saver+Free Upgrades+$50 per person deposit

Book by January 31st, 2014 and get free upgrades as well as price protection. Plus, initial deposit is only $50 per person. Deposit is non-refundable; changes allowed for $50.

+/- Details

Disclaimers:

Free upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). $50 per person deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the $50 per person deposit offer. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. Future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. Offer ends on January 31st, 2014. Click here for complete terms and conditions.

I remember hearing something about this problem, but as I recall most were due to people altering the booking in some way, such as changing staterooms, upgrading, putting in for a price drop, etc., causing the original fare code to be changed, therefore causing the promo that was tied to the original booking to expire. If the new fare code did not also come with a reduced deposit, then the full deposit amount was immediately due. I think the real problem was that people weren't aware (or made aware) of the increased deposit being due once the far code was changed and so had their cruises cancelled for lack of full deposit payment.

yep, that's what I read as well

well, it comes in handy when you have carnival cruise credit from another cruise. I had 400, so now I'm paid up to the regular deposit, with only paying 100 so far, and I can do the price protection, per my pvp. She did say if I changed the room (unless called by the upsell fairy) I'd have to pay a 50 dollar change fee. I don't plan to change though. It matters a lot to me to do the small deposit though, I know I'll pay the same amount in the end, but now instead of 500 today, and 100 a month, I can do 100 today, and 200 a month, easier first payment for me after all that holiday shopping.

It was explained to me that the $50 change fee was to change names or dates not rooms with the early savers! Hopefully by the time the price drops I would have paid up to the deposit amount if not I know I will get an email requiring additional funds or booking will be canceled. I'm six months out so I'm not concerned either way.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our PVP called early this morning and we are booked in Nov 2014 will celebrate our 25th anniversary while sailing so excited have until Aug to make payments!!:D

We were considering Nov 2014 for our 10th anniversary but weren't sure ... when we saw the $50 deposits, I think we decided we're going to book this week.

And yes I know we still have to pay the whole bill ... it just makes the initial commitment easier on DH. It's completely mental ... lol

Timing was good. :p

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Edited by christyran1228

Savings up to $200 per person up to a maximum of $400 per stateroom on select 6 day and greater sailings. Savings may vary by ship, stateroom type and sail date. Free upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). $50 per person deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the $50 per person deposit offer. Offer ends on January 31st, 2014.

I didn't see anything to say this was early saver? Or penalties other than change in deposit, am I missing something?

With the Early saver rate you may change rooms without paying the $50 if it is a higher cat. or same cat.

This is correct and if on reduced deposit you remain reduced deposit.

If you claim a price drop while on reduced deposit you relinquish that reduced deposit and enter into full deposit terms and conditions for the reduced fare claimed.:)

Hey...PAY the full deposit and sleep better.

You're not saving anything. You still have to pay the full thing when all is said and done.

I agree but I can get a cabin I want now. I don't have the deposit money now. That the only reason.