Fate of Seafood Shack / Rita's Cantina on Oasis Class

jcg4550

But didn't you have to click the thread to get here? (Hint)

Why should I worry so much in the names when I know I have experts in here that are more than willing to clarify everything? Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It may be RCI has over estimated the number of passengers willing to pay extra for dining.

I think so. The Navigator is replacing the deck 14 card room and Cloud nine with a specialty restaurant. And also is converting the Dungeon disco to a specialty restaurant and moving the disco to the Viking Crown (I think), which the removes one venue for late night live music. I think this is a mistake, but we'll see.

Edited by Jimnbigd

On Brilliance, Rita's Cantina was off to one side of the WJ, and was always empty. Not sure what RCL was thinking with that concept:confused:

Izumi, on the other hand, replaced the Seaview Café, and the night we were in there for dinner, there were more people in there than I've ever seen in it when it was Seaview :)

Edited by orville99

I love your idea of the wings and beer joint. The only meal we had last year on the Allure that we did not enjoy was at Rita's. We were maybe 1 of 3 tables there at dinner time. We will be on the Oasis in a month, and we don't plan to try the seafood shack.

Also, as someone from the Jersey Shore, I agree that they could have played around a bit more with the boardwalk idea when it comes to food. We LOVED the hot dogs on the Allure and we are disappointed the Oasis won't have them.

Does anyone know if the Seafood Shack or Rita's Cantina are ever going to be replaced with another type of eatery on the Oasis / Allure. We have been on both ships several times and they never seem to be that busy throughout the cruise. They should consider making them into a Wings Cafe with lots of domestic & imported beers. Those chicken wing places draw crowds.

The Boardwalk seems so dead in the evenings. RCL should spend a day on Atlantic City's boardwalk - steak fries in a cup, Salt Water Taffy stores, etc.

Lets hear you thoughts!!

You had me at steak fries in a cup - I too think they should do something different. More like fair food, cotton candy, fries, gyros, that sort of stuff that you shouldn't eat but wanna eat!

Ritas and Seafood Shack sound a lot like Taco Bell and Long John Silvers on the high seas. :p How close am I in comparison? I never have seen any raving reviews about either place.

I havent been on Oasis or Allure yet but I can safely say I would not be interested in either place. Especially since its not included in the cruise fare. Ill save my mexican and seafood fix for a land based establishment.

We enjoyed Rita's Fiesta on the Allure, but more for the excitement and not as much for the food. I wouldn't call it Taco Bell, but it was certainly jarred salsa and frozen entrees/apps.

I loved the SeaView Cafe on the Jewel. Nice spot to grab a bite and get away from the crowds!

If they do plan to revamp the Boardwalk venues I think it should definitely be more boardwalk-y foods!

They should add more boardwalk activities as well. Shops and stores is one thing, but they need some true Boardwalk style games; the spinning wheel, water gun/balloon (or horse racing) game, wheel of fortune, etc... you can win tickets or nominal prizes if they are pay for games.

Agreed 100% on the Boardwalk food too. Someone needs to send RCI planners to NJ between Memorial and Labor Day. I say cut back some selections at Boardwalk Dog House (2 or 3 styles of dogs) but add cheesesteaks and the fries as others mentioned (salt & vinegar). Plenty of other festive types of junk food reminiscent of the shore too. Zeppoles ?

They could get away with charging for seafood on the boardwalk if its really good, not just fried stuff. Make it into a nice Dockside style restaurant and I think you'd see people pay $15-20pp to eat there.

Yes, Boardwalk seemed dead besides aquashows.