Could not Board Fascination in Jacksonville Today. Any hope?

s7r2

I already had a request in at the expedited facility here in Atlanta for another trip in three weeks. I went thru the qualification process last week. It was eligible for pickup last Friday. Since I did not need it for the cruise I called them to let them know I'dpick it up when I got back from the cruise.

In all my years of travel I have never, ever heard of this option. Anyway, good luck.

In all my years of travel I have never, ever heard of this option. Anyway, good luck.

I went directly to the passport agency last week for another trip. I found the information here originally. Went down last Wednesday with travel information. They processed my app on the spot. Since I was leaving in two weeks they asked me to come back in a few days to get it so they could service the crowd of people who needed same day service.

I learned of the service at the link here: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/services/expedited.html

Expedited Service at a Passport Agency

If you need a passport very quickly, the best method may be to apply at a U.S. Department of State Passport Agency.

There are 28 passport agencies around the country that can provide expedited service. Many have opened in the last few years and there may be one closer to you than you think. Appointments are required to apply at U.S. Department of State passport agencies. Most passport agencies require proof of travel within two weeks in order to make an appointment. For a complete list, click here. Some passport agencies do not require proof of travel to make an appointment.

To schedule an appointment, please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778; 1-88-874-7793 (TDD/TTY). The $60 expedite fee is required for each application submitted in person at a Passport Agency or Center. Payment methods

Morning all. First off I'd like to say THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and suggestions. Thankfully I had registered for an expedited passport for another trip prior to leaving. I was able to pick it up this morning so it is in hand. Now trying to determine what the other options are. I understand that it may not be possible to meet the ship because of new changes even though I have my passport in hand. Still optimistic though. Will keep working on it until I hit a wall. If you know someone of influence on the carnival side please let me know. I am glad to provide my contact info. Thanks again all for your time and concern.

Email guestadmin@carnival.com and they should be able to help you especially now that you have a passport in hand... My understanding is that they couldnt help you without the passport.. Good Luck... :)

It was a total goof and lack of focus on my part. Spent the day prior running around. Woke up a little later than I intended to so I started rushing to get out to the port. I always like to get there early in case there are any issues (car trouble, issues at port, etc..). In all my years cruising with carnival I've never made this mistake. I picked a fine time to goof.

So did CCL ask if there was someone that could fax your birth cert to the port?

So did CCL ask if there was someone that could fax your birth cert to the port?

They did. No one has access to my home so I didn't have anyone to ask. It was a national holiday on yesterday so all of the government agencies like vital records were closed so I did not have access to anyone who could help. It was my own little perfect storm :-)

They did. No one has access to my home so I didn't have anyone to ask. It was a national holiday on yesterday so all of the government agencies like vital records were closed so I did not have access to anyone who could help. It was my own little perfect storm :-)

Well, when things go wrong they tend to go really wrong:(. Still crossing my fingers that you will be allowed to catch up to your family.

There is a ferry boat from Ft Lauderdale to Freeport I believe its called the Balearia Bahamas Express but i'm not seeing availability for tomorrow but you can always call and see or show up maybe there would be a no show so you could go . . its like $79 one way to get there.. leaves at 8am gets to the Bahamas 2 hrs later. Not sure if that is an option for you but thought i'd throw it out there.

I was a little confused at first at who boarded the ship with your daughter. Finally I see it was your wife. So sorry for all the trouble you are going through. Since atleast the two of them got to board I'm sure your daughter is having a wonderful time so she wasn't totally let down.

Thanks for coming here to post your story it may not be of any help to you now but if your post can keep someone else from making the same mistake then at least something good may come out of it.

We had freinds that couldn't board The Fantasy a few years back. He had a birth certificate but it was hospital issued. Ironically he had used the same one a few years earlier for the Glory so he really didn't realize he had the wrong one. I came here and started a thread just to warn others and of course it got more flames then anything. I really didn't care if it would keep one person from doing the same thing.

I think I would have to give up at trying to fly over and join the ship, tell them to have mani-pedis for what the flight would cost!!LOL

Good Luck with whatever you do and Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

I was a little confused at first at who boarded the ship with your daughter. Finally I see it was your wife. So sorry for all the trouble you are going through. Since atleast the two of them got to board I'm sure your daughter is having a wonderful time so she wasn't totally let down.

Thanks for coming here to post your story it may not be of any help to you now but if your post can keep someone else from making the same mistake then at least something good may come out of it.

We had freinds that couldn't board The Fantasy a few years back. He had a birth certificate but it was hospital issued. Ironically he had used the same one a few years earlier for the Glory so he really didn't realize he had the wrong one. I came here and started a thread just to warn others and of course it got more flames then anything. I really didn't care if it would keep one person from doing the same thing.

I think I would have to give up at trying to fly over and join the ship, tell them to have mani-pedis for what the flight would cost!!LOL

Good Luck with whatever you do and Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

I almost asked why you would get flamed for trying to help, but then this IS CC. It makes me sad that some people just won't accept another person's attempt to help.:rolleyes:

anyway, good luck to OP. Our first cruise with adult kids, DH held on to all documents for fear of this. Last year, we check out of the hotel, get to the pier, and DIL says, "where's my DL?". Arghh......ended up finding it, but made the heart flutter. Not the best way to start off a cruise. :eek:

Morning all. First off I'd like to say THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and suggestions. Thankfully I had registered for an expedited passport for another trip prior to leaving. I was able to pick it up this morning so it is in hand. Now trying to determine what the other options are. I understand that it may not be possible to meet the ship because of new changes even though I have my passport in hand. Still optimistic though. Will keep working on it until I hit a wall. If you know someone of influence on the carnival side please let me know. I am glad to provide my contact info. Thanks again all for your time and concern.

I know John Heald has worked some miracles for people. Anyone know John well enough to ask for his help? I just had to go to my red folder with all of our travel documents to make sure they are there. Paranoid much? Yes!

THank you so much. I talked to them both today. they are still a little sad and I am of course feeling like a heel for having made the mistake. Wife is feeling a little less safe without me so she may not get off the ship in any ports. Tried to reassure her.......

I'm a 37 year old woman that often cruises solo. I cruise solo, get off at the ports, do excursions, etc. She'll be fine.

Sorry this happened to you. Hope everything works out :)

I would try calling the Carnival travel hotline if you have not reached them already. They would likely be the department best equipped to help you:

Carnival’s Travel Hotline – Our travel hotline — 1-877-TVL-HTLN (1-877-885-4856) or 1-305-406-4779 — has representatives available 24 hours a day to assist with any travel questions or emergencies.

Best of luck!

it looks like I have hit the proverbial wall. as mentioned by someone previously, because of a change in laws recently, there is some unwritten policy that passengers who miss embarkation cannot meet the ship at next port unless there is an issue traveling (airline strike, airline delay, extreme weather, etc..). My scenario is not included. Even though I am willing to pay for the flight it appears I have no recourse here. I asked for links to the information but there is no documented link that the agent was aware of. Obviously the way to avoid this is to make sure that you have your documents and then make sure you have your documents :-). As luck and timing would have it, as of this morning I have my birth certificate that I left, a new passport, AND I just went to the mailbox and my passport card that I ordered last Wednesday is there also. Looking forward to the next opportunity to get it right. If anyone turns over a nugget that may be helpful or if you know someone of influence who can help let me know. Ill post if anything changes

it looks like I have hit the proverbial wall. as mentioned by someone previously, because of a change in laws recently, there is some unwritten policy that passengers who miss embarkation cannot meet the ship at next port unless there is an issue traveling (airline strike, airline delay, extreme weather, etc..). My scenario is not included. Even though I am willing to pay for the flight it appears I have no recourse here. I asked for links to the information but there is no documented link that the agent was aware of. Obviously the way to avoid this is to make sure that you have your documents and then make sure you have your documents :-). As luck and timing would have it, as of this morning I have my birth certificate that I left, a new passport, AND I just went to the mailbox and my passport card that I ordered last Wednesday is there also. Looking forward to the next opportunity to get it right. If anyone turns over a nugget that may be helpful or if you know someone of influence who can help let me know. Ill post if anything changes

Sorry to hear that:(. It sounds like you are maintaining a good attitude about the whole thing.

So very sorry to hear that. But at least you are keeping a relatively good attitude about it. One day, you will all three be together and laugh at it. Of course, be prepared for your daughter to start hitting you up to celebrate her 18th birthday on a cruise so you can "get it right" :)

I hope they're having a good time.

I also travel very often without my husband (I go with my mom and young daughter) and never have a problem getting off the ship in ports. Your wife should be fine!

Sorry to hear that:(. It sounds like you are maintaining a good attitude about the whole thing.

I always try to own my mistakes. I'm bummed but no one to blame here and my foots not long enough to kick myself lol. I hate the law has changed that removes the option to fly to meet the ship but I am hopeful it was changed to help keep people protected in this crazy world of ours. Hopefully this will get the word out for anyone in this scenario. I am sure it will happen again to someone. Maybe these new changes can be documented for all or even better massaged a bit to help others who may find themselves here where I am (home when they should be on the ship). :-)

So very sorry to hear that. But at least you are keeping a relatively good attitude about it. One day, you will all three be together and laugh at it. Of course, be prepared for your daughter to start hitting you up to celebrate her 18th birthday on a cruise so you can "get it right" :)

I hope they're having a good time.

I also travel very often without my husband (I go with my mom and young daughter) and never have a problem getting off the ship in ports. Your wife should be fine!

Thank you. I am hopeful they'll get off and have some fun. Thursday they'll be at the private island coco cay so I know they'll get off and have fun

If money is no object, fly to the Bahamas, celebrate the day with your family, then send them back on the cruise, while you fly home.

Or start planning your next cruise, this time with documents in hand!

thanks. I did look into it but its a logistical nightmare. I can get there but cant get back home that evening. not to mention that I have to drive back to jaxport to pick them up when they return. not a lot of good options.

Gosh, I was hoping everything would work out for you. You've certainly been diligent and have a great attitude. Since reading your story, I've checked my documents folder at least 3 times! :) Good luck and happy planning your next family trip!