Ruby Princess Balcony question

serene56

If you spend a lot of time on the balcony, or entertain, the Caribe is much larger - will easily hold 4 people. Riveria is suitable for 2 people and.... one floor up to the buffet - great if you want to bring snacks, coffee etc back to your room. For me the real bonus is - go out the back door at the end of the hall and you're at the Terrace pool and a BAR !! :) Have never had a noise issue from the buffet either.

Edited by toberman

If you spend a lot of time on the balcony, or entertain, the Caribe is much larger - will easily hold 4 people.

We were in a party of 8 last week (all balconies opened.) My husband and I came back to find the other six sitting on one balcony - 4 loungers, 2 ottomans, 2 tables, playing dominoes.

What a site! (Plenty of room; a bit cozy)

Is there a difference between a balcony on the Riveria Deck compared to Caribe deck.

Is one better then the other?

Both cabin numbers that I am comparing are 707

Yes they are very popular balconies on Caribe deck, they are larger (twice) and half covered. :)

There are no noise issues that we have ever experienced in the 600-700 range on Riviera deck.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes they are very popular balconies on Caribe deck, they are larger (twice) and half covered. :)

There are no noise issues that we have ever experienced in the 600-700 range on Riviera deck.

thank you-- caribe it is then

Sorry--- another question

Booked C705 and was just asked if I wanted to upgrade to a mini suite guarantee--

(seems like a silly question--- but do I want to do this?)

its the same price

Edited by serene56

Is there a difference between a balcony on the Riveria Deck compared to Caribe deck.

Is one better then the other?

Both cabin numbers that I am comparing are 707

We just got off the Ruby this a.m. We had a Caribe balcony in the upper 600's, and there were 4 chairs and a taller table than the one on other standard balconies. Two chairs were the same as standard balcony chairs. Two had an adjustable recline, but they weren't lounge chairs. There were no ottomans in any of the Caribe balconies I saw. The balconies are huge on Caribe; 4 of us ate lunch on the balcony with room to spare.

We were on the Ruby in December in a Caribe cabin. We had the old balcony furniture, i.e. 2 chairs that recline and 2 smaller ones that didn't and a large table. Below us on Dolphin, they had the new balcony furniture w/2 hard chairs and 2 ottomans.

Love the larger Caribe balconies because I spend a lot of time there, rain or shine. It's half covered. The mini's on Dolphin have totally uncovered balconies and we've declined upgrades to them every time we've been offered one. the only time we'd take an upgrade to a Dolphin mini would be if we were stuck in an obstructed view OV.

Typically guaranty minis will be assigned on Dolphin since the minis with covered balconies are the first to be reserved.

will the mini suite balconies being uncovered-- not a biggie for me but will the balcony on caribe deck be bigger then the mini suite balcony?

Depends on where the mini is located. I believe there are some on the upper decks that have small regular sized balconies, so a Caribe balcony would be larger. The uncovered balconies on Dolphin are the same size as Caribe.

the agent is giving me til tomorrow at noon to decide.

im up and down google trying to decide

The mini balcony is a smiggen smaller then the Caribe deck reg balcony.

Maybe less then 1 foot. I would take the mini if its the same price.

Just the uncovered part is the only thing and you said you could deal with it. :D

We love Caribe Deck balconies and always get one when on a Grand Class ship. DW reminded me that when they first launched the Grand Princess (the first of the Grand Class) they had balcony cabin categories based on deck and position. So A and B deck balconies were priced quite a bit higher then the lowly Caribe Deck. savvy cruisers quickly realized that the balconies on Caribe deck were much larger and had the advantage of being half covered and half in the open. Within a short time Princess realized the error of their ways and changed the cabin categories so that the Caribe Deck cabins cost more then the decks above.

Hank

The Caribe deck on Ruby, Emerald and Crown have covered balconies, both the Balcony and Mini-Suite cabins. We always try to get on Caribe deck when it is available.

Caribe Deck balconies are half covered and there are not any mini-suites on the Caribe Deck. The mini-suites on Dolphin Deck balconies are fully uncovered. The mini-suites balconies on Emerald Deck are covered.

We were on the Ruby in December in a Caribe cabin. We had the old balcony furniture, i.e. 2 chairs that recline and 2 smaller ones that didn't and a large table. Below us on Dolphin, they had the new balcony furniture w/2 hard chairs and 2 ottomans.

Love the larger Caribe balconies because I spend a lot of time there, rain or shine. It's half covered. The mini's on Dolphin have totally uncovered balconies and we've declined upgrades to them every time we've been offered one. the only time we'd take an upgrade to a Dolphin mini would be if we were stuck in an obstructed view OV.

Typically guaranty minis will be assigned on Dolphin since the minis with covered balconies are the first to be reserved.

Isn't the upgraded furniture on Dolphin because those are mini suites? I don't think there are any minis on Caribe.

Been looking at what is available.. and there are MANY mini suites available on the Dolphin Deck--

these are the ones opened to the deck above?

there is ONE available on Emerald. (I doubt they would give me that one--lol)

Isn't the upgraded furniture on Dolphin because those are mini suites? I don't think there are any minis on Caribe.

Yes, the Dolphin deck has mini-suites, but the new furniture isn't really an upgrade...at least it isn't for those of us who have had to sit on the new hard, hard chairs. We much prefer the old furniture. But I suspect that the difference in the furniture is simply because they haven't gotten to the Caribe deck with the new furniture. and yes, you are correct in that there are no minis on Caribe. I was simply describing the furniture that is on Dolphin balconies vs what is on Caribe balconies.

• 3 months later...

Am wondering if the balconies on the Ruby Riveria deck like cabins R707 and R709 have a door that can be opened in the partitions ?? In aphot it looks like the might, but then it looks like they dont too, any help would be appreciated if anyone knows if the partitions open on the balconies on the aft sides of the riveria deck.

Thanks

Ron

Yes all mini balconies on Dolphin deck are open.

The Emerald deck one would be nice but I suspect it is alot higher.

Actually, Emerald deck minis are ME... the lowest category of mini.

Am wondering if the balconies on the Ruby Riveria deck like cabins R707 and R709 have a door that can be opened in the partitions ?? In aphot it looks like the might, but then it looks like they dont too, any help would be appreciated if anyone knows if the partitions open on the balconies on the aft sides of the riveria deck.

Thanks

Ron

Yes, you should be able to open the partitions for those cabins.