Royal Princess and coffee card

silvercruiser

I have a coffee card with punches left on it, but it has been marked with my last cruise. Can I still use it on my next cruise? Thanks

Yes you can. However it will be punched for both specialty coffees and brewed coffee. I have some that I'm still using. If you are luck the staff working at the IC coffee bar will get to know you and they will sometimes not punch for the brewed coffee.:rolleyes: I drink mostly brewed coffee and when I pull out the card they will just refill my coffee cup.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Yes you can. However it will be punched for both specialty coffees and brewed coffee. I have some that I'm still using. If you are luck the staff working at the IC coffee bar will get to know you and they will sometimes not punch for the brewed coffee.:rolleyes: I drink mostly brewed coffee and when I pull out the card they will just refill my coffee cup.

Especially if you sweeten their tip box when ordering. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I promised a reply. I was able to get a coffee at the IC on our last (Royal Princess) cruise. And we were able to get gelato on the card on the same ship. Which was different from a prior cruise. So I am able to state with personal experience: The coffee card will get you coffee on some ships other that the original one, but not all. ("You pays your money and you takes your chances.")

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

I promised a reply. I was able to get a coffee at the IC on our last (Royal Princess) cruise. And we were able to get gelato on the card on the same ship. Which was different from a prior cruise. So I am able to state with personal experience: The coffee card will get you coffee on some ships other that the original one, but not all. ("You pays your money and you takes your chances.")

If a barista refuses to let you use your punches on a different ship than the one you purchases the card on...ask for his supervisor.

It says on the card that you can use it.

I had a card that I bought 3 years ago, just recently used the last punch on the 4th ship after my original purchase.

Your barista was misinformed.

So on the question regarding sharing the card for brewed coffee. If I purchase one card and my spouse and I share the punches, on the occasion we want brewed coffee cant I order a coffee, walk to the table hand it to my wife, go back and order another. If I am entitled to unlimited brewed coffee then they really cant stop that can they. I would think that if you approach the barista with a smile and throw something in the tip jar then sharing should not be an issue.

So on the question regarding sharing the card for brewed coffee. If I purchase one card and my spouse and I share the punches, on the occasion we want brewed coffee cant I order a coffee, walk to the table hand it to my wife, go back and order another. If I am entitled to unlimited brewed coffee then they really cant stop that can they. I would think that if you approach the barista with a smile and throw something in the tip jar then sharing should not be an issue.

We buy one coffee card at a time as well and there are usually a few punches left on a card when we start a cruise. My wife and I share a card and have never, ever been given any trouble for brewed coffee from a bar tender. Also, you can leave a punch or 2 on a older card and buy a new one so you both have a coffee card to use for brewed coffee if you use the card for that a lot.

Edited by Tripper10

That's true unless you have a real good Assistant Waiter on the Royal who runs out with an empty coffee pot and comes back with a pot of fresh brewed coffee! Not too difficult as the Cafe was right outside the dining room.

I had the opposite on Royal -- after dinner cappucino was served in

A PAPER CUP.

There are almost no head waiters in the dining room. They use 2 doors

to each midship dining room, so most of the head waiters are hosts at

the door. ... so no one to complain to.

I did bring it up to one of the head waiters at the door. He said it

was because the junior was taking a short cut.

He wrote something down on a little pad of paper -- I thought he

was going to speak to the waiter / junior, but it happened on 2 more

evenings.

After that Mrs. Pablo started insisting on a ceramic cup at the time

she ordered.

Princess fine dining -- where have you gone?

I had the opposite on Royal -- after dinner cappucino was served in

A PAPER CUP.

There are almost no head waiters in the dining room. They use 2 doors

to each midship dining room, so most of the head waiters are hosts at

the door. ... so no one to complain to.

I did bring it up to one of the head waiters at the door. He said it

was because the junior was taking a short cut.

He wrote something down on a little pad of paper -- I thought he

was going to speak to the waiter / junior, but it happened on 2 more

evenings.

After that Mrs. Pablo started insisting on a ceramic cup at the time

she ordered.

Princess fine dining -- where have you gone?

Is it possible that they were "allowing" you to take your coffee "togo"?

Perhaps they had a lot of tables to turn over and were hinting that it was time to go? I don't agree with that, just a thought.

Is it possible that they were "allowing" you to take your coffee "togo"?

Perhaps they had a lot of tables to turn over and were hinting that it was time to go? I don't agree with that, just a thought.

You mean, after it took 30 minutes after we were seated,

to get rolls, butter and water on the table?

Yeah, it was we stayed too long, and was not bad service;

you must be right.

Edited by pablo222