Sunrise at Sea this Monday from 6am, CH7 (Pacific Jewel)

I'd have to agree, I was expecting a little more Jewel and/or cruising items to feature between the news updates. I wonder how many people are now longing for a cruise holiday as a result of watching Sunrise this morning?

Here's the (brief) tour of Pacific Jewel with Kochie (from about 1:30):

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21076529/captain-kochs-ship-tour/

Towel animal creations:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21078989/eddy-joins-the-towel-animal-experts/

Rock climbing:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21077102/eddy-goes-on-board-rock-climbing/

The galley:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21075406/eddy-visits-pacific-jewels-kitchen/

A passenger wins $10,000:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21077925/10-000-cash-cow-winner/

Barry, I would say the pax brought them on board or purchased them on board for an exorbitant price, I could not see Carnival Corp donating them ! Yes, I agree, pretty boring show, just a glorified news programme, heavily sponsored by Carnival Corp as a promo.

Give me News 24 on ABC any time.

Agreed.:D

I wonder how many people are now longing for a cruise holiday as a result of watching Sunrise this morning?

My guess, is quite a few but I doubt any of them would have cruised before, or if they had it would have been with P&O.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

They did mention they had a big sale yesterday on tshirts etc, like a reject shop.

What I did see didn't convince me to book with P&O. They showed a bit of the kitchen and breakfast. Looked very ordinary. A big sausage, bit of tomato, soft cooked egg and sauce in the middle.

I agree, where was the nuked bacon, Canadian Bacon, Ham, hash browns, corned beef hash, mushrooms and baked beans one also gets for a full Princess Brekkie, not forgetting the eggs anyway you like including benedict, tomato and a few snags. I have that healthy, low kilojule brekkie every day on the ships, no wonder my clothes shrink. LOL.

I would starve on P&O Australia. I did sail on Pacific Dawn once back in 2008 but that was a few months after I sailed on her as Regal Princess, I preferred her as Regal, less pax, most things better all round. OK standing by for the P&O Australia fans to attack me.

Edited by NSWP

I agree, where was the nuked bacon, Canadian Bacon, Ham, hash browns, corned beef hash, mushrooms and baked beans one also gets for a full Princess Brekkie, not forgetting the eggs anyway you like including benedict, tomato and a few snags. I have that healthy, low kilojule brekkie every day on the ships, no wonder my clothes shrink. LOL.

I would starve on P&O Australia. I did sail on Pacific Dawn once back in 2008 but that was a few months after I sailed on her as Regal Princess, I preferred her as Regal, less pax, most things better all round. OK standing by for the P&O Australia fans to attack me.

It is the sea air that shrink my clothes:rolleyes:

Work colleague who was on the Pacific Pearl for Australia Day in the Harbour gave it the thumbs up. Said there was a good atmosphere on board. Not many party animals and certainly no issues on board. Majority of cruisers on board were older which surprised them. P & O put on their own fireworks which were good (Australia Day fireworks are only in Darling Harbour). Said they did a location swap with Pacific Jewel, so the Jewel could be closer to the bridge (maybe for Channel 7 Sunrise??) Great time was had by all.

Les

I would be willing to wager that the breakfast we all saw being prepared would have been "pushed/promoted" as an Aussie breakfast. And was indeed the sort of breakfast my motorhome club does every month when we go camping - Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato. Things like Black Pudding, Hash Browns, eggs Benedict would never qualify in an Aussie breakfast competition.

Barry

Les

I would be willing to wager that the breakfast we all saw being prepared would have been "pushed/promoted" as an Aussie breakfast. And was indeed the sort of breakfast my motorhome club does every month when we go camping - Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato. Things like Black Pudding, Hash Browns, eggs Benedict would never qualify in an Aussie breakfast competition.

Barry

Right on there Barry, just move those Aussie Brekkies out to the pax in the MDR., the Exec Chef said. Personally I prefer the full English, with Black pudding and kippers, like one can get on P&O UK.

Edited by NSWP

Les

Barry

I bet your motorhome club brekkie tastes better!