Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Here's another article about Bermuda possibly building a port near St. George's for larger ships like Quantum, to be honest I'm not sure what's happening with this. This is about a year and a half old. But it kinda gives you an idea of what Bermuda is doing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2012/12/17/bermuda-cruise-pier-east-end/1774827/

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

When we were on Liberty last month the captain and loyalty person both told us Liberty was moving to Galveston permanently; not sure if anyone already knew that or this has been previously mentioned.

I've been telling 'em! But they just keep talking about her going here or there..... Just gonna sit back & wait... Then say "Told ja so!"... He he he :-)

Hope I don't have to eat my words!! LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Legend is heading to Aus and Asia as well.

If Legend is doing Aus and Asia, which ship is doing Apr-May & Nov Panama 15/16? I am anxiously awaiting the Panama schedule release.

Jewel does Panama only as a repositioning in 15 out of PR.

I've been telling 'em! But they just keep talking about her going here or there..... Just gonna sit back & wait... Then say "Told ja so!"... He he he :-)

Hope I don't have to eat my words!! LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nobody is disagreeing about Liberty going to Galveston. READ

Thanks for the info regarding Quantum and Bermuda. I am actually hoping that the Quantum does Caribbean itineraries for the Summer 2015 because we are going to Bermuda this Summer!! :)

You're welcome. I know there's more current information out there, and there is a thread going around. I'll look when I get home later tonight.

If Legend is doing Aus and Asia, which ship is doing Apr-May & Nov Panama 15/16? I am anxiously awaiting the Panama schedule release.

Jewel does Panama only as a repositioning in 15 out of PR.

As far as we know Jewel is the only one doing Panama canal. There's one in April 2015 and one in Oct 2015. There should be one for April 2016 (if Jewel continues to do Alaska) to be released. Don't know if it'll be released now or part of next years deployment.

Yes, i just looked on cruising power and there is a repo from Boston to Tampa but it's not open for booking yet. Wonder what's going on with this. this is not on the general website either.

Several people that I know, including my wife and I, are now booked on the 2015 repo from Boston to Tampa. Not sure whether the booking was done through cruisingpower or through Crown and Anchor, but we have a confirmed reservation. Only difference from this year's repo is switching of the order of Aruba and Curaçao in the itinerary. This is an extremely popular itinerary with many, many repeaters who sail it every year, so the most popular staterooms book quickly.:)

As far as we know Jewel is the only one doing Panama canal. There's one in April 2015 and one in Oct 2015. There should be one for April 2016 (if Jewel continues to do Alaska) to be released. Don't know if it'll be released now or part of next years deployment.

Legend is doing a Panama Canal cruise westbound on March 30, 2015 and then an eastbound on April 14, 2015.

Jewel is doing a westbound Panama Canal cruise on May 2, 2015 on her way up to Alaska.

Edited by cruisenfever

Liberty to Galveston was the plan, but that has changed very recent & it appears Navigator will stay longer and Liberty may come later.

Quantum will most likely continue long itineraries to the Bahamas & Caribbean. The ship has a lot to offer and is really good for these long nights with sea days. I think another ship will temporarily take over the Bermuda schedule from Cape Liberty, perhaps Liberty herself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, i just looked on cruising power and there is a repo from Boston to Tampa but it's not open for booking yet. Wonder what's going on with this. this is not on the general website either.

It's on Royalcarribbean.com now.

Brilliance and Serenade are covering Canda / New England

Brilliance out of Boston and Serenade out of Bayonne

Which makes sense. Both are Radiance-class, which are gas turbine-powered and thus satisfy the new emissions standards, perfect for the Canadian/NE runs. That also explains the same-classed Jewel to San Juan, since Puerto Rico just became another one of those zones this past Jan 1, Radiance and Jewel to Alaska, a huge emissions zone, and Brilliance and Serenade for the Baltics, yet another zone.

Here's a link to the map of the zones. Probably not a coincidence it closely matches where all the Radiance-class ships are going, including why the Radiance is the only ship now going to Hawaii:

http://www.lr.org/Images/eca%20map_tcm155-237527.jpg

What I'm surprised about is the Serenade going to PE. I would've bet the farm that it went back to NOLA (or perhaps the Brilliance to NOLA and the Serenade to Tampa to switch things up a little). Since Tampa's bridge won't allow anything larger than a Radiance class, I think we can expect one to be there every winter for the forseeable future, probably whatever one's doing the fall Canada/NE runs out of Boston. I wonder if the Navigator got a scrubber during its drydock and is going to NOLA, with the Liberty to Galveston.

Legend is doing a Panama Canal cruise westbound on March 30, 2015 and then an eastbound on April 14, 2015.

Jewel is doing a westbound Panama Canal cruise on May 2, 2015 on her way up to Alaska.

Yes but not for Fall 2015. So far only Jewel is doing it . And if Legend is heading down under she won't be doing in 2015 in the fall.

Liberty to Galveston was the plan, but that has changed very recent & it appears Navigator will stay longer and Liberty may come later.

Where are you hearing this from?

Which makes sense. Both are Radiance-class, which are gas turbine-powered and thus satisfy the new emissions standards, perfect for the Canadian/NE runs. That also explains the same-classed Jewel to San Juan, since Puerto Rico just became another one of those zones this past Jan 1, Radiance and Jewel to Alaska, a huge emissions zone, and Brilliance and Serenade for the Baltics, yet another zone.

Here's a link to the map of the zones. Probably not a coincidence it closely matches where all the Radiance-class ships are going, including why the Radiance is the only ship now going to Hawaii:

http://www.lr.org/Images/eca%20map_tcm155-237527.jpg

What I'm surprised about is the Serenade going to PE. I would've bet the farm that it went back to NOLA (or perhaps the Brilliance to NOLA and the Serenade to Tampa to switch things up a little). Since Tampa's bridge won't allow anything larger than a Radiance class, I think we can expect one to be there every winter for the forseeable future, probably whatever one's doing the fall Canada/NE runs out of Boston. I wonder if the Navigator got a scrubber during its drydock and is going to NOLA, with the Liberty to Galveston.

Well I for one am very happy Serenade is coming to PE. No flying for me jan 2016 whooooohooooo :D

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I wonder if the Navigator got a scrubber during its drydock and is going to NOLA, with the Liberty to Galveston.

This is what I was just thinking as a possibility as well. The only thing throwing me with this is what itineraries will she run? Same as Galveston? What are the size restrictions for Key West?

Navigators Grand Cayman Schedule changes slightly once Liberty starts showing up (first week of Dec 2015) except, they have "CVTBN" listed every other week following after Navigator and it shows it being a Royal ship. Could be making sure they have a spot on the schedule and not placing ship name until confirmed.

Wonder if we may just get Summer & Fall for Navigator & Liberty and Winter 2015 will come later, although it says Summer & Winter for next week. 5 more days! :0)

Want to throw my hat in the ring for support of west coast itineraries from LA ect , 7 days sailing would really make spending money over the next few years easier , also a new ship for Alaska would be nice,maybe , Jewel , it's all good as long as radiance stays put

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do any of these ships have exhaust scrubbers (I think Liberty does, but I'm not totally sure)? I'm thinking that the new emissions laws may have something to do with who goes where, since both NOLA and Canada routes require longer stretches of costlier running in those ECA zones. There are several exemption and averaging rules that also play into this, so it's probably quite complicated to shuffle the ships just right to cover the ports they want while also keeping fuel costs down as low as they can.

That said, can Liberty get in and out of NOLA? I could see it going there if it has a scrubber, then eventually moving to Galveston to fulfill the promise of a larger ship there when another scrubber-equipped ship becomes available to move to NOLA. The Quantum was built with a scrubber, so maybe it does Canada. Perhaps Navigator stays in Galveston, Mariner and Voyager stay in Asia, and Legend does Bermuda until it relocates to Oz?

Wow never thought of all those issues re scheduling

Makes a lot of sensen then

Still a few ships to get itineraries released

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Want to throw my hat in the ring for support of west coast itineraries from LA ect , 7 days sailing would really make spending money over the next few years easier , also a new ship for Alaska would be nice,maybe , Jewel , it's all good as long as radiance stays put

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well if rhapsody stays in the med then they will have to put one on Alaska

Depends if rhapsody just swaps from med to Alaska but that is long trips to be doing repositioning a

Who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Forums