Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Want to throw my hat in the ring for support of west coast itineraries from LA ect , 7 days sailing would really make spending money over the next few years easier , also a new ship for Alaska would be nice,maybe , Jewel , it's all good as long as radiance stays put

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know a lot of people express interest, but that is another area that they had to deeply discount cabins just to fill the ship. Plus they are extremely limited on 7 night itineraries from the West Coast.

If they do have a ship it will probably be a Radiance class or maybe a Vision class.

I was told a vision class ship to NOLA from the C&A/NextCruise lady on the ship, but right now it's all up in the air and we will just have to wait. Vision & Brilliance both showing late fall & early winter 2015 on Grand Cayman so either both will be in Tampa again or one will go to NOLA perhaps.

I think Royal should do something similar to what Carnival did with Triumph and throw in a few new itineraries for those in the South. How many times can one person visit Cozumel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know a lot of people express interest, but that is another area that they had to deeply discount cabins just to fill the ship. Plus they are extremely limited on 7 night itineraries from the West Coast.

Case, I am always curious as to where people who post things like this are from?

Previously, and at the present time, Princess is very creative with their west coast itineraries. Princess has Alaska cruises doing round trips out of San Francisco, extended Mexican Riviera itineraries and partial Panama Canals out of southern California, and also round trips to Hawaii and the South Pacific.

Carnival also has weekly 3 and 4 night sailings that include Ensenada. And there is also the ever popular Pacific Coastal.

There are actually quite a few options, but it obviously depends on how much effort the company wants to put into it. If they don't feel they can compete with the Carnival brands, then it is not likely to happen. Especially if Royal Caribbean keeps building high passenger capacity ships.

Have the Liberty booked for this Dec, next Jan. and next March -- hate to see this wonderful ship with such great staff leave FLL.

Looks like Indy will be doing 4 and 5 night cruises in 2016 out of FLL instead of the Liberty.

Oh well, it is what it is...............:p

Edited by tomko2

Case, I am always curious as to where people who post things like this are from?

Previously, and at the present time, Princess is very creative with their west coast itineraries. Princess has Alaska cruises doing round trips out of San Francisco, extended Mexican Riviera itineraries and partial Panama Canals out of southern California, and also round trips to Hawaii and the South Pacific.

Carnival also has weekly 3 and 4 night sailings that include Ensenada. And there is also the ever popular Pacific Coastal.

There are actually quite a few options, but it obviously depends on how much effort the company wants to put into it. If they don't feel they can compete with the Carnival brands, then it is not likely to happen. Especially if Royal Caribbean keeps building high passenger capacity ships.

It comes from past experience of what RCCL pricing was trending when the Mariner was based there. RCCL generally favors the 7 night itineraries, as they are popular with families. 7 nights from Southern California limits their destinations. Princess and RCCL don't always compete for the same type of passengers as the family related activities are not at the same level. And Carnival is just in a class of their own.

RCCL does an excellent job competing in South Florida, as they sell out almost every week 2 6,000 passenger ships. They will continue to make large ships because that is what they are now known for.

http://www.cruisehive.com/2014/03/explorer-of-the-seas-to-start-sailing-from-southampton-in-2015/

I don't know if this was posted earlier or not.

The cruise line previously announced that Adventure of the Seas would sail from Southampton in 2015 but this has now changed to Explorer of the Seas. The ship will sail three to sixteen night voyages from the end of April through to September 2015.

I would think that since it's been quite awhile since they offered sailing in that area , maybe the 3 or 4'sailings next year are to test the waters .... No pun intended , as for the 7 nights personally I wouldn't care if the ship went out to sea and did circles for two days

RCCL does an excellent job competing in South Florida, as they sell out almost every week 2 6,000 passenger ships. They will continue to make large ships because that is what they are now known for.

Are you a Florida resident then?

And Mariner really didn't have a fair chance what with travel warnings to Mexico because of violence coming out at the same time as the Swine Flu epidemic. There was a prohibition against travel to Mexico...and no one wanted to go there.

I won't continue a debate, but I did want to add that. And your opinion is certainly as valid as mine. :) And we don't make deployment decisions, anyway. :D

Princess struggled mightily filling the west coast ships. They were literally giving the cruises away this year in the form of a credit for a longer cruise. Having done a dare share of WC cruising, it is not that appealing.

Because of the Jones law, which requires that ships registered outside the US and/or ships with non-US citizens on the crew make at least one stop in a non-US port, it limits what kind of cruises can be done from the West Coast. This is why all Alaska cruises have at least one stop in Canada, normally in Vancouver, and all cruises from SoCal stop in Mexico. I think there would be a great market for cruises along the coast from Seattle to San Diego (think of all the wineries you could hit!), but right now those are restricted to repositioning cruises and stop either in Ensenada or Vancouver.

Because of the Jones law, which requires that ships registered outside the US and/or ships with non-US citizens on the crew make at least one stop in a non-US port, it limits what kind of cruises can be done from the West Coast. This is why all Alaska cruises have at least one stop in Canada, normally in Vancouver, and all cruises from SoCal stop in Mexico. I think there would be a great market for cruises along the coast from Seattle to San Diego (think of all the wineries you could hit!), but right now those are restricted to repositioning cruises and stop either in Ensenada or Vancouver.

Perhaps you could quote the correct law then. The Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) is the law pertaining to cruise ships, passengers and US port transit restrictions.

The Jones Act refers to cargo and shipping...which we are not. :rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc

Perhaps you could quote the correct law then. The Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) is the law pertaining to cruise ships, passengers and US port transit restrictions.

The Jones Act refers to cargo and shipping...which we are not. :rolleyes:

In the windjammer I some time feel like cattle ....livestock cargo..... One of the cruises we did up the west coast was Vancouver Seattle Astoria and then long beach , I just don't thing there would ever be year round sailing further down the coast from LA , rain and cold is hard to market

WOW!!! Just looked at the Europe pricing for Explorer cruises from Southampton, these are massively higher than the initial TA flyer we received back in Feb. when they were still showing Adventure doing these cruises.

For example the 3rd June 14nt Med cruise now starts at £1998 for an inside but the advert I have for Adventure starts at £999 for an inside, now that's what I call inflation!!!:eek::mad::mad:

:mad::mad:

More details of the Oz deployment 2015/16 should come out after the official launch on Tuesday according to a Travel Agent newsletter.

Great news since we've decided to postpone our previously scheduled March 2015 South Pacific cruise until October - Dec timeframe. Just waiting. We'll be able to book onboard the Adventure when we board her Wednesday. :D

Great news since we've decided to postpone our previously scheduled March 2015 South Pacific cruise until October - Dec timeframe. Just waiting. We'll be able to book onboard the Adventure when we board her Wednesday. :D

Congrats

Sounds fab

Good things come to those who wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NO

That email from Royal said this to Oz Crown and Anchor members.

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

Edited by springaussie

NO

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

Yep and can't wait either

Will be on rhapsody when it happens

Only basing this on their posting of deck plan dates on the ships webpage link to deck plans.

If they added a cruise at one end I guess the schedule might change.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=EX

Deck Plans

Explorer of the Seas

Deck Plans from 05-Apr-2014 to 23-Oct-2014

Deck Plans from

01-Nov-2014 to 07-Mar-2015

Deck Plans from

24-Apr-2015 to 18-Sep-2015

Explorer of the Seas revitalization and re-fit schedule to take place in Cadiz, Spain.

Merion Mom is onboard the ship now and reported that there would not be a revenue TA and work would begin on the way to Cadiz with the first sailing as currently scheduled from Southampton.

Also reports that they have no word onboard of the potential Asia deployment.

Explorer of the Seas revitalization and re-fit schedule to take place in Cadiz, Spain.

Merion Mom is onboard the ship now and reported that there would not be a revenue TA and work would begin on the way to Cadiz with the first sailing as currently scheduled from Southampton.

Also reports that they have no word onboard of the potential Asia deployment.

Good news indeed

Nobody is disagreeing about Liberty going to Galveston. READ

You're welcome. I know there's more current information out there, and there is a thread going around. I'll look when I get home later tonight.

As far as we know Jewel is the only one doing Panama canal. There's one in April 2015 and one in Oct 2015. There should be one for April 2016 (if Jewel continues to do Alaska) to be released. Don't know if it'll be released now or part of next years deployment.

Lots of people have... READ!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NO

Do you think this will include the Honolulu to Sydney repo also?