Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Carnival is going to be sailing to San Juan and other ports from Galveston!! Just read this..... http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/07/carnival-cruise-galveston-san-juan/7414731/

Maybe that's what's taking Royal so long to post it's ships/intineries from Galveston! Sure hope so!!!! Match it Royal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival is going to be sailing to San Juan and other ports from Galveston!! Just read this..... http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/07/carnival-cruise-galveston-san-juan/7414731/

Maybe that's what's taking Royal so long to post it's ships/intineries from Galveston! Sure hope so!!!! Match it Royal!!

Wow, that is awesome news for those of you that sail from Galveston :D

O...M...GEEEEEEEE! I'm so excited I'm shaking right now!!!!! I would LOVE one of these itineraries! Not too thrilled about them being one-way sailings, but at least it would only be a 1 way ticket home! :D

OK, now that I've stopped shaking and have caught my breath, I see that there are only 4 dates for these longer itineraries. No holiday dates. They'd probably be a small fortune if they WERE offered during the holidays. Oh well. :(

Still pretty cool! :p

A café is set up in Sydney for a big Royal announcement with the Harbour Bridge and Rhapsody of the Seas in the background.

You noticed too..... I'm keeping an eye on the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Those Carnival ones do cover a lot of ground! Now I'm super jealous I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific :S One day.......

You noticed too..... I'm keeping an eye on the thread.

I just had a reply from RCI to my post on FB......no announcement in Sydney today, they are just celebrating yesterday's announcement.

Cunard won’t be the only line to hold a Royal Rendezvous in Sydney Harbour next year, as Royal Caribbean plans to have Explorer of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas meet in Sydney to commemorate Explorer’s inaugural season down under.

Late last week, the line announced it would send the 3,800-passenger Explorer of the Seas to Australia next year, to replace 2,400-passenger Rhapsody of the Seas.

The switch is being made as part of Royal Caribbean’s plans to move larger ships to Australia. She will join her slightly smaller sister ship, Voyager of the Seas as well as Radiance of the Seas.

Arriving for the first time in Sydney on 28 November 2015, the line plans to hold a historic event by having two Voyager-class ships and two of the largest cruise ships on Sydney Harbour in one day.

Regional vice president Asia-Pacific, Gavin Smith said the switch demonstrates the line’s commitment to the Australian market.

“We are thrilled to introduce Explorer of the Seas as the latest world-leading cruise ship to Australia – a major milestone that reinforces Royal Caribbean International’s position as Sydney’s biggest cruise line,” he said.

During her inaugural season, Explorer of the Seas will travel to ports across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.

She features a range of Royal Caribbean signature activities including the new FlowRider, ice-skating rink, ten pools and whirlpools as well as the Royal Promenade.

Meanwhile, Australians only have 12 months left to sail on Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas in local waters before she heads to the Mediterranean.

The 2,400-passenger ship will leave Australia in April next year after eight consecutive season,

Rhapsody will be based in the Mediterranean from May to October 2015, further itineraries are expected to be announced shortly.

http://cruisepassenger.com.au/2014/04/royal-caribbean-ships-rendezvous-sydney/

Mmmm. A good move by Carnival and I think Royal will respond. Plenty of people are bored with Royal's current choices from Galveston. I might hold off taking advantage of the keen pricing on the two (B2B) 2015 Serenade cruises out of NoLa I have my eye on until the dust settles. :J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmmm. A good move by Carnival and I think Royal will respond. Plenty of people are bored with Royal's current choices from Galveston. I might hold off taking advantage of the keen pricing on the two (B2B) 2015 Serenade cruises out of NoLa I have my eye on until the dust settles. :J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt they will respond. Plenty of people are bored with Royal Caribbeans Caribbean itineraries in general and have been for years. They don't care as long as they are filling the ships.

They've brought better ships to Galveston, I don't think we will see anything else.

I seriously doubt they will respond. Plenty of people are bored with Royal Caribbeans Caribbean itineraries in general and have been for years. They don't care as long as they are filling the ships.

They've brought better ships to Galveston, I don't think we will see anything else.

If they are filling the ships

They are doing something right.

I hope you are right! Thanks for posting this link :)