Should I upgrade on Connie

bsbcgirl

That appears to be under part of the spa or dressing rooms, so I don't think noise would be an issue. Is it partially obstructed? I can't tell, but if this is for a Caribbean cruise, then YES, upgrade! Even a partially obstructed balcony is a balcony!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]I would, my preference, could never sail without one.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Having a balcony is really nice, especially pulling in and out of ports.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Nice to be able to have a place to get fresh air, early morning enjoying coffee/breakfast, or later evening for a nightcap.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Even if it's obstructed, I'd still go for it since you're saying the cost difference isnt much.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm sure you know that 7003 is a huge cabin with a large sitting area (sofa and 2 chairs). We had the mirror image once and thought it was nicer than many balcony cabins we have had. However, it's nice to have a balcony too esp if the sailing is in the Caribbean.

[quote name='YVR cruiser']I'm sure you know that 7003 is a huge cabin with a large sitting area (sofa and 2 chairs). We had the mirror image once and thought it was nicer than many balcony cabins we have had. However, it's nice to have a balcony too esp if the sailing is in the Caribbean.[/QUOTE]

I'd keep 7003 - Huge Cabin !!! With an unobstructed ocean view.

-Marisa

We would definitely choose a balcony cabin. We love to be able to sit on the balcony in the afternoons, and watch as we arrive and leave ports without having to dress well enough to go up on the deck, especially for early morning arrivals. Enjoy your cruise whichever you choose Edited by Phxazzcruisers

I like a balcony to be able to walk out into the open area any time of the day without having to go into a public place.

Sitting out there in the night just wearing a robe looking at the stars, islands and ships in the distance. Reading and maybe even falling asleep.

In the morning having room service for coffee and etc and enjoying it on the balcony watching the sunrise or motion of waves. Soemtimes seeing flying fish and birds diving into the water.

Lots of nice features that you wouldn't have.

.🌴🍸🍻🍺

My children have stayed in 7003. While nice for them, I would not have liked it without a balcony. You didn't say how little you could upgrade for, and I assume it's the 4 or 5 night cruise? If it is truly a little bit to upgrade, I would do it in a heartbeat! :)

[quote name='miched']I like a balcony to be able to walk out into the open area any time of the day without having to go into a public place.

Sitting out there in the night just wearing a robe looking at the stars, islands and ships in the distance. Reading and maybe even falling asleep.

In the morning having room service for coffee and etc and enjoying it on the balcony watching the sunrise or motion of waves. Soemtimes seeing flying fish and birds diving into the water.

Lots of nice features that you wouldn't have.

.��������[/quote]

Now you're talking!!! At night I go out there with my Kindle and usually fall asleep under the stars. Manys the night I get into bed at 2AM. It's actually become one of the great joys of cruising for me. There are other things that bring joy on a balcony, too !!!

However, our cruise is on the Millennium with an itinerary from Hong Kong up north to Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Tianjin port (Beijing). We have 5 sea days.
Early on we could have upgraded to a regular veranda for a minimal cost but opted not to because the cabin size is smaller than 7003 and figured that the weather will not be conducive to sitting outdoors.

This will be our 1st non-veranda but I'm looking forward to the space of 7003! That's not to say we might not make a switch if the price of a Concierge or Suite comes down;). (Won't switch to AQ because DBIL & DSIL who are sailing with us are not interested in trying Blu.)