Rccl lost my bag - got no help

Canam778

There is usually a code that has to be revealed by scratching off in order to redeem those gift cards. So, not sure how that scam could work. Your second one would, but I have bought many gift cards and never had a problem. The easy way to stop that is to compare the card number to the one on your receipt before you leave the counter. I can't imagine someone standing at a counter and writing down numbers without someone noticing.:confused:

Sorry, I don't mean to continue O/T. The card number was still covered when we purchased it. It was scanned and debited in front of us. I don't know what happened. It was sort of embarrassing to have a gift returned by a close friend and them asking..."Thanks, but there is no money on the card?"

But back to the topic...of things left in staterooms or lost & found. :)

I would just like to know if they found the bag. I know where I left.

The room would have been checked before the new guests boarded.

Conclusion: They have a crew thief with a large quantity of narcotics.

With the rush to get rooms ready for the next guests I think something like a cosmetic bag would get thrown out or sent to lost and found. Don't think staff have time or desire to check contents. Was there that many narcotics for a cruise? Staff would have to recognize drug name. Don't expect ship staff have the time to deal with "small items" and get them back to owners.

Sorry, I don't mean to continue O/T. The card number was still covered when we purchased it. It was scanned and debited in front of us. I don't know what happened. It was sort of embarrassing to have a gift returned by a close friend and them asking..."Thanks, but there is no money on the card?"

But back to the topic...of things left in staterooms or lost & found. :)

Well hate to be off topic but the crooks read off the info with Mag Card scanners. All the info is on the magnetic strip. They take the cards to a quiet corner of the store, scan them, write down the numbers they scanned, then replace them on the counter or rack. Then they check online to find out if the card is activated.

As far as lost and founds those are usually afterthoughts. I have had good luck when still on the ship. Yes, I have lost a couple of minor items. At that point they are behind the pursers desk. After that even if found there is lots of opportunity for them to be misplaced from the ship to land.

Edited by Charles4515

YOU forgot the wallet. While cleaning 1500 rooms with hundreds of employees in a matter of hours, they managed to locate and get it back to you within a couple hours, and you COMPLAINED!?!?!??!:rolleyes: Sounds like good customer service right there, I would have been grateful for them finding something important I'd been careless enough to leave behind. Would never occur to me to COMPLAIN about it........

Yet another example of an unwarranted complaint being rewarded.

I also find it hard to fathom.

2 hours for helping the poster with something that they were responsible for...? It sounds very impressive to me!

Wait, how much were those glasses?

I hate loosing glasses in a trip, last trip I bought a 10$ imitation glasses and I gave it away the last day to a kid in a port( he was so happy ). On the other hand my $100 glasses were safe at my place.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's no surprise to me that prescription glasses can cost upwards of $1k. Have you seen the cost of nice frames these days?? My last glasses ran about $1,000. Fortunately, our vision coverage paid for most of it, and I was only $90 out of pocket. Lenses, too, are very expensive -- mine were about $700 of the total cost. Wish I could wear single vision, but I need bifocals, then the transitions (sun darkening), anti-glare, etc., etc.

We took a vacation right after DH slipped on ice and broke his arm. He had a couple kinds of controlled substance narcotics with him. I would take out the amount needed for the day and the rest went into the room safe. I'm sure the housekeeper would like to keep her job, but you never know. I didn't want to leave them laying out. But like another poster, we are OCD when it comes to checking, re-checking and checking again a room when we leave.

Hope you get your things back!

No big surprise here, but there is a rather large naivety being exhibited by virtually all the posters making comments about the narcotics.

After a kidney stone attack in the middle of China (something I was subject to at unpredictable times), I always traveled with enough narcotics that I could make it to a large city, or even better, back to the US (in China, I felt I had to, and did, make it to Hong Kong). That could be several days. My physician gave me elephant size demerol pills. I mean pills which dwarfed the 100 mg demerol pills currently available for roughly $100 per pill. The reason for their ridiculous potency was the intention that they substitute for an IV morphine drip for the time it would take me to get out of Africa, Asia, etc.

I no longer remember their actual weight or the number of pills, but I am sure it was at several hundred dollars per pill and a bunch of pills. So, yes, it is easily possible to have more than a thousand dollars worth of narcotics on you to treat a violently painful but very short term illness.

My point is that having a lot of prescription narcotics with you does not necessarily mean you are carrying more than is necessary.

Incidentally, while I am sure a ship's pharmacy would give me something to "take the edge off" the pain of a kidney stone attack, anyone who has suffered such an attack will understand why I am not willing to settle for that level of pain relief. OUCH :mad:

So you make this statement and have no idea if this is true! Conclusion...NEVER ASSUME.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No big surprise here, but there is a rather large naivety being exhibited by virtually all the posters making comments about the narcotics.

After a kidney stone attack in the middle of China (something I was subject to at unpredictable times), I always traveled with enough narcotics that I could make it to a large city, or even better, back to the US (in China, I felt I had to, and did, make it to Hong Kong). That could be several days. My physician gave me elephant size demerol pills. I mean pills which dwarfed the 100 mg demerol pills currently available for roughly $100 per pill. The reason for their ridiculous potency was the intention that they substitute for an IV morphine drip for the time it would take me to get out of Africa, Asia, etc.

I no longer remember their actual weight or the number of pills, but I am sure it was at several hundred dollars per pill and a bunch of pills. So, yes, it is easily possible to have more than a thousand dollars worth of narcotics on you to treat a violently painful but very short term illness.

My point is that having a lot of prescription narcotics with you does not necessarily mean you are carrying more than is necessary.

Incidentally, while I am sure a ship's pharmacy would give me something to "take the edge off" the pain of a kidney stone attack, anyone who has suffered such an attack will understand why I am not willing to settle for that level of pain relief. OUCH :mad:

Demerol is only availablee in 50g & 100g tablets. Do you mean he gave you an Rx to buy the pills or he gave you the actual pills?

So you make this statement and have no idea if this is true! Conclusion...NEVER ASSUME.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Been on about 45 cruises and two or three times I have found something in the room left from the previous sailing. The stuff was not in obvious places and never in a bag, but in the rush to turnover a room it was overlooked and for that stuff I could see how both the previous passenger and the crew could overlook it.

It's no surprise to me that prescription glasses can cost upwards of $1k. Have you seen the cost of nice frames these days?? My last glasses ran about $1,000. Fortunately, our vision coverage paid for most of it, and I was only $90 out of pocket. Lenses, too, are very expensive -- mine were about $700 of the total cost. Wish I could wear single vision, but I need bifocals, then the transitions (sun darkening), anti-glare, etc., etc.

We took a vacation right after DH slipped on ice and broke his arm. He had a couple kinds of controlled substance narcotics with him. I would take out the amount needed for the day and the rest went into the room safe. I'm sure the housekeeper would like to keep her job, but you never know. I didn't want to leave them laying out. But like another poster, we are OCD when it comes to checking, re-checking and checking again a room when we leave.

Hope you get your things back!

Your vision covereage paid "most" of the 1000.00 for your glasses?...huh:cool:

Wow $1200 for glasses and $700 for lenses? Check out consumer reports. Costco ranked #1 for cost and quality. I've been wearing glasses my entire life....even at LensCrafters (ripoff) with the most expensive frames I could find ($300+) I didn't come in over $500 for a single pair. Now I wear designer frames purchased from Costco with the most expensive lenses (same as ones hubby bought for LensCrafters) and only paid $160 for a single pair.

Anywho....back to topic. Lost and found is awful and you'll just have to keep calling. If they find it, eventually they will call in order to charge you for the shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear about the OPs loss, hopefully they will get returned but sad to say the stuff may be gone for good.

As for leaving stuff behind & worrying about how to let the steward know its for reuse? Why not leave them a note with the stuff telling them that? Something like .. Hi, leaving this stuff so it could be reused for another &/or the crew. If not, guess it could be trashed. Thank you. :D

And my story about leaving stuff behind.. been there done that have the tshirt too. :)

When I was a lil kid back in the 70's, my parents used to have to make trips to Woods Hole on Cape Cod, my dad used to do a lot of travelling (Fuji, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc) & he would bring me things home. One time he brought me a neat pair of chinese pattern kids silk pajamas, the black ones with a red dragon on the top, something a lil 6 y/o girl would love.

Well, we went to Cape Cod & stayed in a hotel, when we left I must have left them hanging on the doorhook on the bathroom door & didnt realize they were not packed till we got back home. I cried for days over them.

But it taught me a valuable lesson, I religiously check drawers, closets, doorhooks, bathrooms, beds & bedsides when I leave hotels now, 3, 4 & 5 times even. Drives my family crazy too, but with some of the small electronics & cameras I have now I'd be crazy not too. And yes, I do make travel lists, both paper & electronic, to make sure.

But as I inch closer to 50 & having had head trauma kills my short term memory so I can never be too sure. :rolleyes:

Ok you know this for a fact? Honestly if a crew member found the amount of narcotics you claim to have had and the valuable glasses I would think they would want nothing to do with it. Much too risky both legally and job wise but really $1200 glasses? Um ok but then travel insurance should kick in. Fwiw if I were carrying the items you were carrying those pills and glasses would never have been away from my side

I guess you filed an Insurance claim already but fwiw they didn't lose your bag you did

Edited by Crusin6

Post is misleading; I thought it was going to be about lost luggage (i.e left with porter, never made it to cabin) Title of post should be "I lost my stuff & RCI didn't find it".

Edited by Crusin6

I have no qualms about taking my prescription pills with me on the next cruise knowing that I have two more kidney stones laying low that might attack at any time. ;)

Wow $1200 for glasses and $700 for lenses? Check out consumer reports. Costco ranked #1 for cost and quality. I've been wearing glasses my entire life....even at LensCrafters (ripoff) with the most expensive frames I could find ($300+) I didn't come in over $500 for a single pair. Now I wear designer frames purchased from Costco with the most expensive lenses (same as ones hubby bought for LensCrafters) and only paid $160 for a single pair.

For those questioning the $1200 that the OP spent on her glasses, she provided this info a few posts back:

<snip>I have an eye condition and that is why my eyeglasses cost $1200. <snip>

seaofwonder, we also go to Costco- after finding out Lenscrafters is overpriced. :cool:

For those questioning the $1200 that the OP spent on her glasses, she provided this info a few posts back:

seaofwonder, we also go to Costco- after finding out Lenscrafters is overpriced. :cool:

The only problem with Costco is they have a limited selection. As far as the $1200 glasses if my glasses were that much no way I think would I lose track of them. But **** happens. In any case even with my much less expensive glasses which are progressives with transitional lenses and nice frames I would want to get them back. I would call the cruise line. I would hope for a reply of some kind even if it were bad news. I would not panic even if it were a few weeks because whenever I get a new pair of glasses I get a spare pair, most places including Costco give a big price break when you order an additional pair at the same time. If you need to wear glasses you need a spare pair. ( even getting the spare pair when getting glasses the total bill for both pairs was always under $750)

Edited by Charles4515

Wow $1200 for glasses and $700 for lenses? Check out consumer reports. Costco ranked #1 for cost and quality. I've been wearing glasses my entire life....even at LensCrafters (ripoff) with the most expensive frames I could find ($300+) I didn't come in over $500 for a single pair. Now I wear designer frames purchased from Costco with the most expensive lenses (same as ones hubby bought for LensCrafters) and only paid $160

seaofwonder, just a couple of things to consider...

- The OP may not live in an area that has a Costco.

- Costco doesn't have the ability to fill all types of visionwear prescriptions. I tried them and was told that due to the specialized nature of the right lense, they were unable to help me. Ditto the low-cost online provider.

- I too have worn eyeglasses since the age of 4 (still shudder remembering those "cats-eye" glasses). The ones I am wearing to read this thread cost $1100. I admit part of that is vanity - if I have to wear them I like to have high-end designer frames, but the majority of the cost is the lenses. It is the price I pay to be able to see the world clearly. If I could pay less, I would.

My apologies....I'm legally blind in one eye and have awful vision in the other. What kind of specialty lens costs so much? Is it correction for astigmatism?

Costco's selection isn't the greatest....but I find they are usually on trend and have quite a lot of good designers to choose from (I'm in Chloe now and just switched to Armani....so not as high end as Chanel or Versace frames, but close).

Demerol is only availablee in 50g & 100g tablets. Do you mean he gave you an Rx to buy the pills or he gave you the actual pills?

I got them in 1991. And at that time there were larger pills available. I know - I had them.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Frankly, it was 22 years ago and I just don't remember. But I do vividly recall being nervous as heck carrying such a large narcotics stash across borders like Togo, Turkmenistan, etc., the sort of countries where the law is whatever the cop interrogating you says it is!

Edited by billie5