Crown Princess Update

catugirl

I know there has been a lot of negativity surrounding Crown Princess. DH and I just cruised on her Jan. 11-18, and I can honestly say that whatever problems there were are resolved. I had read there were A/C issues, as well as toilet issues. We did not experience either of these and never heard any other passengers complaining about any issues either. Everything worked perfectly in our aft suite. Our cabin steward Freddie was the best we've ever had. We ate in every food venue onboard and never had anything but a great meal. We had wonderful service from all the crew except Passenger Services, all of whom never smiled and were very short with us.

We learned one thing from the cruise. We don't do well in aft cabins. Don't get me wrong. It was great sitting on the balcony watching sailaways from the ports and just watching the ship's wake at sea. What we didn't like is you could feel every movement plus constant vibration. Guess next time we'll go back to midship.

I think the aft is something most of us want to try at least once in our lives. Glad you had the opportunity. Sometimes, it just isn't ones cup of tea! As long as you took good care of the next ship we will be cruising on. . . We can't wait to get away from the cold and see some sun, defrost and enjoy!

Welcome home!

Have a wonderful time on your respective cruises. I'm envious. We're ready to go back! Oh, I forgot to mention, don't miss Patrick Murray (ventriloquist) and his buddy Matilda, if they're still there. We liked him so much we saw him twice on our cruise (two different shows). He's very talented and extremely funny. There was also a magician/comedian Chris James, who was very and got the audience involved. Tom Franek was packing them in Crooners Bar. We could never find a seat, but he seemed to have a good show. Also enjoyed the group Cinnamon in Wheelhouse Bar (good dance music). Didn't attend any big production shows (not our thing), but they seemed to be well-attended. "Horse" racing was lots of fun, as well as Bingo. Crown Princess is terrific!

I'll jump on this thread as we were on this same sailing, in cabins A514, A518 & A522.

The a/c in my cabin (A522) worked great, set to about the mid-point on the thermostat was plenty cool, it would freeze us out any lower. The other two cabins seemed to have theirs set about the same, so all a/c was fine in this location. Around the ship, some public rooms were down right arctic! Namely, the Crown Grill early on when we were in there playing cards (not so bad later in the week). Take a sweater! I'm never cold, but I was at times on this sailing.

Plumbing: Cabin A518 had a delayed flush one time, they manually tried again after about 5 mins, flushed fine at that point. The only other time we had an issue was in one of the public ladies rooms (sorry, don't recall which one) where one toilet would not flush at all, just filled with more water.

I agree with Catugirl, we experienced the best service I think we've ever had! The crew on this ship is outstanding.... cabin stewards, dining staff, bar service, everywhere. We visited Passenger Services a few times and though they were not as eager and cheerful as other staff members, we were still treated kindly. Loved this ship! If you have upcoming sailings, have no worries. :)

glad to hear, we are boarding her in three weeks for 49 days.

I just want to put this out there so there's no mistaking my meaning: I AM VERY JEALOUS of you, vickie_bernie! I looked at that itinerary and it is amazing!

I just want to put this out there so there's no mistaking my meaning: I AM VERY JEALOUS of you, vickie_bernie! I looked at that itinerary and it is amazing!

I can't wait, we did a similar trip two years ago but it started in Rio, this one is similar to last year's Grand trip.

I will be blogging again a live thread

I can't wait, we did a similar trip two years ago but it started in Rio, this one is similar to last year's Grand trip.

I will be blogging again a live thread

You will let us know how to access your blog, I hope?

Just got off the Crown Princess yesterday after 2 weeks in e730. No problems with ac or plumbing, and didn't here of anyone else complaining. Great ship, great crew, great vacation. Wish I was back on broad at Outriggers having a drink. Best bartender on broad, Ariel, but he is leaving in two weeks, have a great vacation Ariel!

Was in B725 for past 2 weeks. a/c and toilet both didn't work when we boarded, but were both fixed on the same day. There was one other time when the toilet did not work between 1-5am. Our cabin was in the Aft section of Baja.....there was a smell in the mid ship area of the deck for our entire voyage.