Embarcation lunch menu in mdr? (Royal) or similar

Jetswdo

I don't remember everything that was on the embarkation lunch menu on the Royal in December, but I remember that many of our group ordered fettuccine Alfredo as an appetizer, beef medallions or salmon as a main course, and souffle for dessert. Lots of clean plates afterwards!

I don't remember everything that was on the embarkation lunch menu on the Royal in December, but I remember that many of our group ordered fettuccine Alfredo as an appetizer, beef medallions or salmon as a main course, and souffle for dessert. Lots of clean plates afterwards!

Your text is so small I have to strain my eyes to read it.

On the Emerald and Ruby this month we had the delicious strip loin for lunch which I think is the standard embarkation day lunch. There were other choices, too, but the strip loin is always our choice along with the orange soufflé for dessert.

In addition to the salmon (delicious) and beef (I didn't like it), there's a wonderful ravioli entree. I had it both times on the Ruby last month. I ordered it as an appetizer portion. One waiter ignored my request and brought me a full order. It's so good.

There's also a shrimp salad appetizer served with avocado that is very good. You can order burgers as well.

In addition to the salmon (delicious) and beef (I didn't like it), there's a wonderful ravioli entree. I had it both times on the Ruby last month. I ordered it as an appetizer portion. One waiter ignored my request and brought me a full order. It's so good.

There's also a shrimp salad appetizer served with avocado that is very good. You can order burgers as well.

I forgot about the ravioli. I had it on the Emerald, and it was delicious.

When we embarked we went to our room then went to Alfredo's for lunch. We had nearly the whole restaurant to ourselves and all the servers thought it was great that we chose going there instead of the dining room or Horizon. Great food and it's free! We went back several times for either lunch or dinner.

If it wasn't for Cruise Critic my DW and I would never have known about lunch in the MDR. I am so glad I found this site before our first Princess cruise. I think I read every post! On our first cruise (Emerald) we arrived earlier than Princess recommends - I think we were at the terminal by 9:30. I would rather wait next to the ship than sit in the hotel. - Anyway, we were among the first to board. After dropping off our carry-ons and making reservations for the Chef's Dinner, we went to the MDR where we were among just a half a dozen people enjoying a quiet lunch. We quickly learned that most of the other passengers in the dining room were also Cruise Critic readers/posters. This is one of the best kept "secrets"! So, shhhh, don't tell anyone. ;) . . .oh yes, the Chef's Dinner was fantastic!