a capella on Equuinox

tomroach

I just got off a back to back on the Equinox. There was no a cappella group on either leg. The musical entertainment was very disappointing compared to previous cruises on Equinox and other Celebrity ships.

That's disappointing… is that because it is seasonal?

There have been quite a few threads recently saying Celebrity is no

longer having Acapella Groups on board their ships. Some folks are

dissapointed while others don't care as they don't like that type of

music.

I have also enjoyed hearing them sing but looks like it won't be happening

anymore.

I just got off a back to back on the Equinox. There was no a cappella group on either leg. The musical entertainment was very disappointing compared to previous cruises on Equinox and other Celebrity ships.

We did the westbound transatlantic on the Equinox and there was no a cappella group on board... and we did not miss them. The Equinox does have a superb guitar player/singer named Sean Golden, whose personality is just as great as his singing. There was also another group on board, Trio Sunrise, that we enjoyed at various locations around the ship.

It's not really as bad as others would have you believe...

I specifically asked last month on Silhouette and they are gone fleet wide.

Hi Don:) thanks for the reply......seems quite a few of us are in

the minority.....I really enjoy Acapella groups.....too bad they are

no longer singing. I will be on Century next month and will check the

musical choices.

We did the westbound transatlantic on the Equinox and there was no a cappella group on board... and we did not miss them. The Equinox does have a superb guitar player/singer named Sean Golden, whose personality is just as great as his singing. There was also another group on board, Trio Sunrise, that we enjoyed at various locations around the ship.

Hi, glad you found music you enjoyed:).....but not sure I get your

last line:eek:...not as bad as others would have you believe:confused:

Bad is the operative word.....some of us are disappointed it is no

longer offered.....I think it is just differing opinions....we all have

likes and dislikes.

Edited by Lois R

Would anyone know if they still have the a capella group on the Equinox.

No, it's another thing that's been done away with.

Not that I particularly want those, but it seems it hasn't been done to improve the musical offerings. I found the musical offerings on my recent cruise duller that previous ones.

On October cruise on Equinox there was none of the following :

• No A-Capella group,
  • No String Quartet/ Trio,
  • No Piano Player.

* And an aside ..... what's with having 4 grand piano's dotted around and not employing someone to play them ?!! (On the Equinox, not applicable to Eclipse). *

So Celebrity provided less musical variety, and as it is, on top of that those performers that are there, only play for a measly 45 minutes.

The only new addition was the "Miami DJ's" who played every night in the Martini Bar. However that music is not confined to the bar area - so you get to sip your coffee at Café al Bacio to it also.

So, if the DJ in the Martini Bar is "replacing" the A-Capella singers, then what will they introduce to replace the strings ?

It is all relative to one's taste, I guess. I agree with you that Sean Golden was, by far,. the highlight of the music on the TA that both you and we took in November-December. The rest of it, in our eyes, was pretty poor. Those two female duo sets of girls was absolutely the worst we have ever heard anywhere.

I see the need for variety and having the same group play day and night, singing the same songs and often off pitch, surely isn't anything I'd want to hear again.

It is all relative to one's taste, I guess. I agree with you that Sean Golden was, by far,. the highlight of the music on the TA that both you and we took in November-December. The rest of it, in our eyes, was pretty poor. Those two female duo sets of girls was absolutely the worst we have ever heard anywhere.

I see the need for variety and having the same group play day and night, singing the same songs and often off pitch, surely isn't anything I'd want to hear again.

I doubt / wonder if they were worse than the duo on the Reflection sail a way in December. :eek::eek::eek:

Thank goodness we had the band Vibes at times in the foyer... they were great!

Edited by 20pluscruises

Just got off Reflection today and there was an a capella quartet onboard. They did 15-minute stints in the Ensemble Lounge and I didn't really enjoy it very much. They also performed a song at the end of the Momentum production show, where I thought they did an excellent job.

Sorry for you a capella conspiracy theorists out there - they still exist!

Just got off Reflection today and there was an a capella quartet onboard. They did 15-minute stints in the Ensemble Lounge and I didn't really enjoy it very much. They also performed a song at the end of the Momentum production show, where I thought they did an excellent job.

Sorry for you a capella conspiracy theorists out there - they still exist!

Yes, but not for long...they told us they would be gone within weeks...and no offer from celebrity to return.

Edited by 20pluscruises

To be honest, the turnout for their performance was very poor, although the venue was a bit out-of-the-way. Maybe it has to do with the lagging popularity of such groups and/or the quality of their group. Certainly did not hold a candle to the Vibes band that played in the atrium and always attracted a huge crowd.

To be honest, the turnout for their performance was very poor, although the venue was a bit out-of-the-way. Maybe it has to do with the lagging popularity of such groups and/or the quality of their group. Certainly did not hold a candle to the Vibes band that played in the atrium and always attracted a huge crowd.

I agree...Vibes did (at the beginning) draw a crowd, and I really really enjoyed them the first two times...however, they played the same songs over and over again..sadly, after the third time we walked away. I think they are great!...just need to add more / different songs.

FYI...if they (Vibes) added more song choices...hands down I would prefer Vibes to A capella....IMHO

Edited by 20pluscruises

My husband and I was on the Eclipse in November and was very disappointed with the music. Around the pool there used to be a calypso band in the day and going to the Caribbean that really fitted on . But not any more. The whole entertainment for the cruise was not worth seeing again.And some of the acts where on again, maybe doing different things or singing other songs but the same person. This happened about three times in the 14 days.

In the past we have had very good entertainment on the Royal Caribbean ships and better still on the Celebrity but not this time.

Saying that we are going back again this year but think we may give the shows a miss.

But again this is our personal opinion and others would,maybe,loved it.

My husband and I was on the Eclipse in November and was very disappointed with the music. Around the pool there used to be a calypso band in the day and going to the Caribbean that really fitted on . But not any more. The whole entertainment for the cruise was not worth seeing again.And some of the acts where on again, maybe doing different things or singing other songs but the same person. This happened about three times in the 14 days.

In the past we have had very good entertainment on the Royal Caribbean ships and better still on the Celebrity but not this time.

Saying that we are going back again this year but think we may give the shows a miss.

But again this is our personal opinion and others would,maybe,loved it.

Was also on the Eclipse in Nov. I thought that the entertainment including the guest performers in the theater, the production shows and lounge bands were rather weak. One BT said when one of the bands played the lounge would empty out and didn't understand why they were on board. It could be that Celebrity feels that Perry Grant is all they need for that ship.

We were on Constellation in March and there was no house band for the shows. They used taped music and you could tell the difference, the energy wasn't the same as with live music.

I can see the reason for eliminating the acapella group as they only perform for short periods and not very often. It was a nice novelty but I feel that it ran its course and the money can be used to efficiently.

🌴🍸🍻🍺