Some questions about Aqua Class dinning options

LarissaRose

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are booked in AQ for our honeymoon on Aug 1st on Connie (Scandinavia and Russia). I have some questions about the dinning options (tried to email celebrity about them but got a very unhelpful response). Sorry if these have already been asked before, I tried to search the forum and didn't find anything helpful.

I know that the main dinning room for AQ is Blu, but are you able to eat in the MDR as well? I'm specifically wondering if the dinning rooms post menus during the day so you know the offerings of both before dinner, therefore being able to choose which dinning room menu seems better to us that night. Can we even choose to eat in the MDR if that menu looks better? I ask because I would consider us "picky" eaters, my Fiancé is a vegetarian and I'm just plain old picky (also don't eat red meat)! So I would like to have as many options as possible.

Thanks for the help! :)

Blu actually had a vegetarian menu and has a very good selection of foods. You can talk to the Matre De and also look at the MDR menu and see if you can eat at Select dining. You can also order anything off of the menu for dining in the room. As you are in Aqua Class you will have a balcony and depending on the weather, this is also a romantic option. Enjoy your cruise

To be honest, with Blu being so small, I think they handle special meal options much better than the MDR. Our vegan friends rave about how great the waiters and the maitre'd in Blu were in getting them really good vegan food. They brought menu options every evening for the next night. As for the MDR, it depends on if Select Dining is fully booked. You can't do traditional dining in the MDR as its assigned seating, but if there is space in the Select area, you can go there. And yes, menus are outside the MDR right after lunch.

Edited by kitty9

We have done four cruises in Aqua Class, and while we much prefer Blu over the MDR you can dine in the MDR (seated in the Select dining area) when in Aqua. Also, on a cruise on the Infinity (on which, like the Constellation, Blu and the MDR share the original galley space) one of our friends ordered entrees from the MDR menu while seated in Blu. We have also been in Blu on an S-class ship, and trying to order an entree from the MDR while being actually seated in Blu most likely is not possible (since the galleys for Blu and the MDR are separate on S-class ships).

Both the MDR and Blu will have dinner menus posted during the day. And both will have a vegetarian dinner option.

Is there a way for us to ask out room steward to procure menus for us and have them in our room before dinner?

I would say that request is asking an awful lot of very busy stewards. Is there some reason you cannot drop by the dining room entrance at some point earlier in the day to check the menus?

Certainly if you were going to ask for something beyond the call of duty on a daily basis, you would want to compensate your steward beyond the customary gratuity amount. Personally I cannot imagine burdening the staff with something I can easily do myself. Perhaps if you are in a suite, it would be a semi-reasonable thing to ask of your butler. . .

No reason I can't swing by myself, but I would like to have a copy of both so I have them for my scrapbook. Would they give me a copy of the menus?

And re: a little extra something for the room steward......we are quiet generous tippers, so that is not an issue.....lol!

Edited by CaroleSS

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are booked in AQ for our honeymoon on Aug 1st on Connie (Scandinavia and Russia). I have some questions about the dinning options (tried to email celebrity about them but got a very unhelpful response). Sorry if these have already been asked before, I tried to search the forum and didn't find anything helpful.

I know that the main dinning room for AQ is Blu, but are you able to eat in the MDR as well? I'm specifically wondering if the dinning rooms post menus during the day so you know the offerings of both before dinner, therefore being able to choose which dinning room menu seems better to us that night. Can we even choose to eat in the MDR if that menu looks better? I ask because I would consider us "picky" eaters, my Fiancé is a vegetarian and I'm just plain old picky (also don't eat red meat)! So I would like to have as many options as possible.

Thanks for the help! :)

http://eclipse2011ta.webs.com/blumenus.htm This is from Janet987. It is a great list of the nightly offering in Blu.

If the only thing you dont eat is red meat, then Blu might be for you. Here is a list from the Blu menu. The list here are just items they have that I dont want to eat. There are many other item to eat on the menu.

So far Blu is not my thing. We have only done AQ once. We are doing AQ in May. I'm going to give it another chance. Because it was cheaper than a C2. For me the best thing about Blu is that you eat when you want. I'm just not that fond of some of the items that are on their menus. Here are a few items that I just wont eat. Grilled Tamarind Glazed Quail, Sherry Glazed Pheasant Breast, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Pan Seared Pheasant Breast, Grilled Lamb Chops, Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast, Slow Braised Colorado Lamb Shank, Roasted California Squab(Pigeon), Roasted Semi Boneless Quails, Honey Roasted Squab (Pigeon). Lets not leave out the Kobe meatloaf. I tried the meatloaf and it was bad. I saw here on CC that someone just love the meatloaf and was able to get it again. Great for Celebrity and for him. Richard

No reason I can't swing by myself, but I would like to have a copy of both so I have them for my scrapbook. Would they give me a copy of the menus?

And re: a little extra something for the room steward......we are quiet generous tippers, so that is not an issue.....lol!

In that case, I would ask the maître d' if it would be possible to obtain a copy, rather than asking the steward to bring one to your room each day. I think that's got to be a fairly common request.

Edited by CathyCruises

http://eclipse2011ta.webs.com/blumenus.htm This is from Janet987. It is a great list of the nightly offering in Blu.

If the only thing you dont eat is red meat, then Blu might be for you. Here is a list from the Blu menu. The list here are just items they have that I dont want to eat. There are many other item to eat on the menu.

So far Blu is not my thing. We have only done AQ once. We are doing AQ in May. I'm going to give it another chance. Because it was cheaper than a C2. For me the best thing about Blu is that you eat when you want. I'm just not that fond of some of the items that are on their menus. Here are a few items that I just wont eat. Grilled Tamarind Glazed Quail, Sherry Glazed Pheasant Breast, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Pan Seared Pheasant Breast, Grilled Lamb Chops, Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast, Slow Braised Colorado Lamb Shank, Roasted California Squab(Pigeon), Roasted Semi Boneless Quails, Honey Roasted Squab (Pigeon). Lets not leave out the Kobe meatloaf. I tried the meatloaf and it was bad. I saw here on CC that someone just love the meatloaf and was able to get it again. Great for Celebrity and for him. Richard

The Kobe "style" meatloaf is long gone...thank gawd...who wants spam for dinner?

The lamb shank was very good

The rest of your list...eh to really bad

Soft shell crab app...great!

Sea Bass...although very thin...great!

I agree with Cathy:)....ask the Maitr'd. Explain you scrapbook and it

would be part of your souveniers. But just so you know, they are

posted outside the main dining room and Blu every day.

And as for being generous? That is nice but I would still speak with

the Maitr'd rather than asking your cabin attendant for 7 days worth

of menus. (Just my opinion).

Edited by Lois R

I agree with Cathy:)....ask the Maitr'd. Explain you scrapbook and it

would be part of your souveniers. But just so you know, they are

posted outside the main dining room and Blu every day.

And as for being generous? That is nice but I would still speak with

the Maitr'd rather than asking your cabin attendant for 7 days worth

of menus. (Just my opinon).

Someone did mention the pursers desk will print out the weeks menus for you...I can't verify this as it is hearsay

OP,

Please do not ask your cabin steward for the menu each day, If you were in a suite then the butler would be delighted to honor your request. There is a huge difference between the cabin steward and the butler.

As for dining in the MDR. You should make the request through the maître 'd at Blu who will expedite your request BUT your vegetarian requests, if beyond the offering on the menu for a particular meal cannot be guaranteed with a same day switch. The process involves selecting your choices one night in advance. The Blu wait staff on the M class ships has more flexibility in menu selections and can tailor your dinner.

I hope your wedding is all that you have dreamed of...and your honeymoon too,

OP,

Please do not ask your cabin steward for the menu each day, If you were in a suite then the butler would be delighted to honor your request. There is a huge difference between the cabin steward and the butler.

quote]

Just want to point out that it was not the OP who asked about having menus delivered to their cabin every day.

OP,

woah woah woah... i just wanted to know if i could wander the ship and see the menus posted. I am in no way trying to inconvenience anyone with my petty requests.

Thank you to everyone who helped with my inquiry! Much appreciated!!

I think the OP and I were just looking for information/copies.....no need for anyone to belittle us for not knowing who to ask. I thought of the cabin steward as that is the person we interface with the most during our cruises.

Some are experienced cruisers and know "the ropes" and some are new to this and are just looking for answers.

Edited by CaroleSS

I think the OP and I were just looking for information/copies.....no need for anyone to belittle us for not knowing who to ask. I thought of the cabin steward as that is the person we interface with the most during our cruises.

Some are experienced cruisers and know "the ropes" and some are new to this and are just looking for answers.

Sometimes posts come across here as more snarky than they are intended. I don't think anyone was trying to belittle anyone, and if they were, shame on them. Ask away, lots of us on these boards enjoy answering questions on issues we have encountered in the past. And if we give opinions, they are (usually) just meant as guidance. Now you know where you can see the daily menus, and where to ask for copies. Any other questions, ask away.

For the OP, my understanding is that if you want to eat in the MDR on a certain night, you speak to the maitre d' in Blu and they arrange it. Often you are told to just go to Select, but sometimes it seems they steer you to empty seats on one of the 2 traditional seatings. This is because the dining is sort of capacity controlled, with x amount of cruisers assigned to every venue. On some cruises, Select may be more full than others so there would be less space for AQ cruisers to just drop in. Either way, they work it out for you.

woah woah woah... i just wanted to know if i could wander the ship and see the menus posted. I am in no way trying to inconvenience anyone with my petty requests.

Thank you to everyone who helped with my inquiry! Much appreciated!!

Hi....I think some of these posts are getting mixed up. Nobody is saying

you are incoveniencing anyone:)...the menus are posted outside of

both places (Blu and the MDR) for you to read:)......and nobody

said any request was petty:eek:

Carole had asked about getting menus for a scrapbook.....instead

of asking her cabin attendant we were just suggesting she ask the

Maitr'd:)

With your dining room assignment being Blu, you do need to coordinate through the MaitreD there if you want to go to the main dining room instead. You don't know if perhaps one of the three dining options (Select, Early, Late) might be sold out. If so you would be told which option would still be available to you. Don't just show up at Select and assume you'll be seated. Coordinating with the maitrD also means that the gratuities get reassigned correctlt

With your dining room assignment being Blu, you do need to coordinate through the MaitreD there if you want to go to the main dining room instead. You don't know if perhaps one of the three dining options (Select, Early, Late) might be sold out. If so you would be told which option would still be available to you. Don't just show up at Select and assume you'll be seated. Coordinating with the maitrD also means that the gratuities get reassigned correctlt

Are the gratuities reassigned?

Are the gratuities reassigned?

I have been told yes, they are reassigned.....but then why are suite guests asked to contribute $5 pp when dining in blu? It's a bit confusing.

Edited by ghstudio

Sometimes posts come across here as more snarky than they are intended. .

This is true, however: in the absence of other critical information (wanting copies of menus for scrapbook purposes) it sounded like the poster was asking for something that was above and beyond the call of duty for a room steward, who has countless cabins to tend to and probably does not have time to run to the dining room every day 'to procure menus for us and have them in our room before dinner'.

Many of us who have seen how hard these staff members work are sensitive to asking them to take on even more responsibility/duties. Had the poster asked, 'Is it possible to obtain copies of the menus for my scrapbook?', the response would have been much different.