Celebrity Picture Package

scubamommy!

That is why I asked if anyone knew if they do sales ON THE SHIP on a 5 day cruise.

Here is a thought, go to the Roll Call threads, find a couple of the sailings before yours, and ask for someone to check during their cruise, post a link to this thread, and ask for someone to have pitty on a Celebrity newbie:D to find the answer and let you know!

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to sign up for a photo package at my cruise photos . com but can't get the order to go through. Does any know if I can get this on board as well? Thanks in advance!

Barb

Edited by JBDARCO

You can sign up (buy) photos and packages at the Photo Gallery which is located on Deck 5, Forward aboard Equinox. You can probably buy them in your stateroom using the interactive TV. It is cheaper to buy the packages before the cruise, but you can construct the same deal on board with coupons. Here are some coupons and on-board deals that were available during our Eclipse cruise:

photo deals

There is a phone number listed on the mycruisephotos.com website. You may want to give them a call.

Edited by mahdnc

On a whim, I decided to purchase this today for my upcoming cruise! I figured it's worth trying once and see how I like it! So, now that I'm pre-booked, will the photo place know that I have the package when I board? Or will I need to present them with my confirmation email that I've paid for the package? Now, that I'm booked...how does this work?

Thank you!

On a whim, I decided to purchase this today for my upcoming cruise! I figured it's worth trying once and see how I like it! So, now that I'm pre-booked, will the photo place know that I have the package when I board? Or will I need to present them with my confirmation email that I've paid for the package? Now, that I'm booked...how does this work?

Thank you!

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday. When we boarded, we were already on the list that was sent by the Image Group, the online vendor mycruisephotos.com. I would however suggest that you bring the confirmation with you to avoid any problems. Just carry it in your suitcase if questioned. If you are on Celebrity, everyday you should take pictures at all of the photography set-ups- Typically at least 4. Then also at each port, typically two different photograpy stations with different backgrounds. In addition, photographers stroll around the ship and in the restaurants. Every evening find your posted pictures on the displays in the photography area, and hand them to the photography desk staff. They will create a folder for you of all of your pictures. You can also see them in your stateroom on the TV and also at a kiosk in the photography gallery. Make sure that the hard copies of the pictures match the on line pictures, if not they will add to your disk. Some of the electronics aren't available on the non-solstice class ships. I think the process was similiar on Royal Caribbean.

We took 150 different pictures on the past Silhouette cruise! A great bargain!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

No matter what I do I cannot get the package ordered on their site. Can I order by phone?

If your cruise is in more then a couple of months it might not be listed. Send them an e-mail at mycruisephotos.com. If you go on the site they have a contact us tab.

Sometimes, they list cruises late- so it just might not be listed yet- send them the e-mail if your cruise is in less then 30 days.:)

As you can tell- we take entirely too many pictures on our cruises!!

[quote name='Cruise a holic']We just got off the Silhouette yesterday. When we boarded, we were already on the list that was sent by the Image Group, the online vendor mycruisephotos.com. I would however suggest that you bring the confirmation with you to avoid any problems. Just carry it in your suitcase if questioned. If you are on Celebrity, everyday you should take pictures at all of the photography set-ups- Typically at least 4. Then also at each port, typically two different photograpy stations with different backgrounds. In addition, photographers stroll around the ship and in the restaurants. Every evening find your posted pictures on the displays in the photography area, and hand them to the photography desk staff. They will create a folder for you of all of your pictures. You can also see them in your stateroom on the TV and also at a kiosk in the photography gallery. Make sure that the hard copies of the pictures match the on line pictures, if not they will add to your disk. Some of the electronics aren't available on the non-solstice class ships. I think the process was similiar on Royal Caribbean.

We took 150 different pictures on the past Silhouette cruise! A great bargain!

Enjoy your cruise![/quote]

Thank you so much for the information! I'm really looking forward to trying this!

[quote name='HeatherC430']Thank you so much for the information! I'm really looking forward to trying this![/quote]

Heather, we came home with almost 400 sheets! Yea I know :D we went way overboard, but what the heck. Our pkg included the CD which I have downloaded on 3 diff desktops, then added to my cruise album on FB. If you see a camera, jump in front of it. 2 of the photographers said we made their week a lot more fun than they had ever had.
EW Edited by wallie5446

[quote name='wallie5446']Heather, we came home with almost 400 sheets! Yea I know :D we went way overboard, but what the heck. Our pkg included the CD which I have downloaded on 3 diff desktops, then added to my cruise album on FB. If you see a camera, jump in front of it. 2 of the photographers said we made their week a lot more fun than they had ever had.
EW[/quote]

I booked the prints only package for $199 for our sailing. I didn't think it was worth the extra $100 charge they wanted for the CD too - especially since it'll just be pictures of me & my mom on this sailing. Nonetheless, I plan on getting as many pictures taken as possible. I broke the news to my mom last night, and told her to start working on her poses! lol :D

Take your conformation, they did not have us on the list. They will have an envelope at the register for you to put your photos in, ( the Mgr on our sailing did not allow us to remove any till the last morning ) We made a stroll thru the area, with a drink in hand, picked them out, added to the envelope.
You can have as many others in a picture as you want. We had pic's taken with our Roll Call at sail away, this bar and that. Then spent the last evening handing out copies to new friends.

Now the fun part, people would just walk in front of the photographer, I would pull them into the pic! What a shocked look on their faces! Were they embarrassed by their rudeness, or because they were unaware of what was going on? Who cares! We had a blast trying to find them and give them a copy too. Edited by wallie5446

I skimmed the replies, but I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet.

Note, I've never been on an X cruise.

But a few months ago on Oasis, it was done by photo recognition {unless I'm confusing this with my last Disney cruise - but others have noted its the same company for all}.

the key is your embarkation photo. Take your embarkation photo as a group and use the seapass card that has the photo package associated with it {yours if you buy the photo package}.

This will link all the people in your embarkation photo to your seapass card. When you insert your seapass card into the kiosk, it should pull up all your pictures of everyone in your group.

We generally dont' take the embarkation photo. Who wants to remember what they look like after a day of travel ???? But we were told that this was needed to create the baseline for the photo recognition.

It is the same on Celebrity ships--face recognition software at work. Matching your face to your SeaPass card is done with the embarkation photo. However it is also done inside the ship when you hand your SeaPass card to the photographer for any of the stations with the screened background (or center staircase).

The software is not fool proof as you would assume--and the photo gallery employees will tell you that. There will be times where you will find your printed photo posted on the wall but it is missing from your set of photos in the electronic kiosk. In those cases you simply hand the photo over to the photo gallery folks and let them know that it is missing and they will take the photo and put in a ticket to have it corrected. Edited by mahdnc