Enchantment or Majesty?

So I have finally have talked my BFF into a girl's cruise! Soooo excited:) I would love to go for a week but that is not in the cards for her at this time. So a 4 day in April is what we are looking at. Only have cruised one other time on Holland America-years ago. Which ship- Enchantment or Majesty? A little about us- we are in our mid 30's, both working moms in the medical field, looking for relaxation and a lively nightlife. Ports are not the most important to us.

Thanks!

If price is a consideration, you will almost always find Majesty to be less than Enchantment.

Also, Majesty sails out of Miami and Enchantment out of Port Canaveral, if that figures into your planning.

Enchantment is a newer, "nicer" ship with more bells and whistles, but the Majesty is a wonderful ship with nice features and a great crew.

We really enjoyed the Enchantment when she debarked from Baltimore. Cruised on the Enchantment 5 times. My husband and I like to dance and the DJ in Boleros was always fantastic. The DJ in the Viking Crown lounge played more "current" music. We have never cruised on the Majesty but we can vouch for the Enchantment - either way, have a fun cruise:):)

So I have finally have talked my BFF into a girl's cruise! Soooo excited:) I would love to go for a week but that is not in the cards for her at this time. So a 4 day in April is what we are looking at. Only have cruised one other time on Holland America-years ago. Which ship- Enchantment or Majesty? A little about us- we are in our mid 30's, both working moms in the medical field, looking for relaxation and a lively nightlife. Ports are not the most important to us.

Thanks!

Both are nice, Enchantment has more features since it is a bigger ship..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it is cheaper or the same for flights into Orlando than Miami I would say EOS definitely. If money is not a big issue then you can't miss with EOS. We enjoy the Sov Class as well but EOS is great. As others have said I think the pool deck and solarium make the difference.

I am asking myself the same question right now. . . hoping to grab a deal for 3/14 on one of the two. . . for me, I can't ignore the fast that Majesty is significantly cheaper usually. I know the cabins are smaller and she doesn't have all the features, but I am hoping the money I save can be used for the Atlantis excursion. Majesty also gives you more daylight hours in Nassau. Brett

Sorry, another question: It looks like the balconies on the Enchantment are a lot small than on the Voyager class and higher (like half the size). Is that true? I thought the Enchantment would be nice because they have balconies. We love to open up the balcony at night to listen to the ocean (sshh I know they from upon that but it's so nice!)

I like both ships, Majesty is usually the cheapest but we just did a 3 night on Enchantment for less than $500 for two and that included port fees, taxes and pre-paid gratuities so I thought that was pretty good!

I prefer Majesty's itinerary over Enchantment since the 4 night goes to Key West which is a fun port. You can tell though, that Majesty is the oldest ship in the fleet as several areas are looking a little threadbare. But Majesty is still a beautiful ship and we enjoyed our cruise last year a lot!:D

Sherri:)

Hate to throw another ship (or two) into the mix... but the Brilliance out of Tampa is a great choice also!! The 4 night/April 26th sailing has some great rates!! But if that isn't a good time the other weeks in April aren't bad. Tampa is a great port, easy airport access... and we often fly out of Tampa because rates are that much cheaper. Also... look at the Vision out of Fort Lauderdale...

The Brilliance is a great size ship....

Just some thoughts... :) I also LOVE the Enchantment of the Seas... she is a great ship and Port Canaveral is very close to us. But... As far as ease from the airport to the Port... Tampa and Fort Lauderdale would be a good choice. I'm just not fond of sailing out of Miami.

Good luck...let us know what you decide!!

We have done both. Got off Enchantment two weeks ago and loved it ! Hate to say it, but we didn't like anything about Miami or the Majesty ! Just to small of a ship with no Diamond or Concierge lounge. The only thing we loved was the Key West stop on that cruise ! It was extremely expensive to fly and stay in Miami before our cruise, compared to the cheap flights into Orlando and being able to do Disney or Universal before the cruise ! We enjoyed Key West so much, we decided to do a Disney cruise this year that goes there instead of Majesty !

I just got off the Majesty of the Seas this morning, and I would suggest going with the enchantment. This was my 4th Royal Caribbean cruise in the past 14 months and ninth cruise overall. This was the nastiest ship that I have seen by far. We made the most of the cruise, but I was very disappointed in the conditions. This ship needs to be retired.

I just got off the Majesty of the Seas this morning, and I would suggest going with the enchantment. This was my 4th Royal Caribbean cruise in the past 14 months and ninth cruise overall. This was the nastiest ship that I have seen by far. We made the most of the cruise, but I was very disappointed in the conditions. This ship needs to be retired.

Hate to hear that. That's how we felt after our Monarch cruise the year before she was retired. We had some great crusies on Sovereign and Majesty when they weren't (quite) so old. However, after Monarch, we said that we wouldn't sail on that class of ship again. Years ago, they were great, but now there are just better options.

The Enchantment feels more like newer Royal Caribbean ships, even if she is getting older. The Sovereign class ships feel 1980's... even after renovations.