Dream50!!!

lsugrl

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I gained 2 pounds on my 10 day cruise. I didn't think that was too bad. Some new habits stuck even eating all that ice cream. I'm just having trouble getting back on track. Oh well, eventually I'll make it. I guess I've been on program so long (almost a year) my body is saying "break time". I signed up for another cruise in October. Maybe that will help set my goal.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Sunday to all!

Havent been here in a while, so I thought I would stop in and update all.

Well since Jan. 1st I am now down 30 lbs.:D

Decided to weigh myself earlier than June 1st, why? Well I was able to wear capri pants and a cute top, that I have not worn in two years:eek:

I modified my diet after I consulted one of the dieticians at the hospital, and have never been happier with my food choices.

Currently I try to eat 6 times a day, some days it is hard others easy because of my work schedule, not being able to break away from the O.R.And almost all the times I eat are nutritous (sp) and filling.

Mind you some of the selections will be a protien bar, fruit, salad, chicken, and I moved my main meal to earlier in the day.

I also was able to change my work-out routine.

I tried hot yoga, but, did not enjoy it.

So 3 days a week I am in a beginners yoga class for 50 min.

I still bike 3 days a week.

And believe it or not I try to walk 6 miles (4mph) at least 6 days a week

I love it!!!

Never been happier.

The best move I made was meeting with the dietician.

Our cruise is coming up today is the 10 week mark till sailing.

Now, am really getting excited.

How is everyone else doing????

Sea Ya

Well for the last two days I did not do any of my routines....

no biking

no walking

no yoga

why?

.Well, it took me 8 hours to drop 9 cubic yards of mulch in all the islands and beds....

You see, my DH was gonna help me until he pulled a Hamstring muscle pushing the tractor out of the mud:eek:.........need I say he is still in pain, and the mulching had to get done:(.

After a visit to the doctor, and treatment is ice, wraps and exercise slowly (mulching was not on the list) I knew it had to get done.

I think this activity would be enough for these days.

Tomorrow bike and walk. No Yoga.

Sea Ya

HMMMM I wonder if mulching is on my exercise calorie counter.

later

Hope you don't mind me jumping in late in the game. 39 y/o, want to lose 30 by my Sept Breeze cruise. My issue isn't really diet. Sure it could be better, but I need more activity. I have a very sedentary job and 45 minute commutes each way. My company started paying for a Planet Fitness membership, so I will be starting there M-F tomorrow. They also offer tanning, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Jon

So great hearing everyone's success!

IUnfortunately I have hit a lull in mine and it is mostly due to lack of motivation and laziness :(

However, coming here and seeing all of your success has really helped in getting me to take that first step back into the healthy world.

So I think you all from the bottom of my heart!

Now I'm going workout on Millie!

You guys are the best!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

50 is TOTALLY ACHIEVABLE. :) All you have to do is set small challenges. 10 pounds at a time. It's easy to achieve, you feel good when you accomplish the goal and you're motivated to keep getting healthier or stay healthy if you've met your ultimate goal.

I was already down 10 pounds when I kicked off another 10 lb goal for myself yesterday. This morning I was already down 1.6 pounds.

I know most people don't like hearing about products but when it works it works. If you are interested send me a message and I will fill you in on the details.

Edited by mdl943

• 1 month later...

Well today is a GREAT day.

I weighed myself and after 6 1/2 months of hard work I am proud to say I am down 43 pounds...................two weeks till we cruise.

My summer clothes fit:D

But, as a reward time to shop for some new shorts and swim suit.

It is harder to lose as I get old, and I am sure more harder to maintain.

So............me and DH have joined a gym (2 for the price of one, no membership fees), and pay as you go monthly which provides weekly guidance counseling by a registered dietician, as well as a consult with a personal trainer once a week.

Even though we are cruising in two weeks it was a deal we could not pass up. The one week away we will work out in the gym.

In fact the dietician gave some good insight on eating healthy on a cruise, it is our job to follow the guidelines.

The personal trainer told us to do what we always do............walk, and make time to exercise at least for 30 min. every day.

Some of that wont be hard to do..........we are walkers and the Allure is big.

OKay, how is everyone else???

Will post again after the cruise.

Excited and ready to go.

Sea Ya

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.

Well, we had the cruise of a lifetime.

Sailed with friends from our last Freedom cruise.

Our goal was to be good and not eat excessively.

I waited till today, after being home 6 days to weigh myself, this way I would not have any excuses, like the salt and seasoning and water gain.

Ok.

I gained 3 pounds for the cruise.

I am so HAPPY.

Gym with trainer starts again Monday.

When I went to store only bought healthy foods.

I am so proud.

It can be done.

Now as you see on my cruise profile.

Already booked for next year.

And cannot wait to see the newer healthier me in 51 weeks.

Good luck to all

Sea Ya