Dream50!!!

lsugrl

Well. Had a great week and did well eating. Still not getting regimented with my workouts. I'm going to work I. That more this week!

Took the weekend off and have been eating yummy stuff. Lol. I will work on not doing that next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi!!!

Got bit by the flu the first part of the week, but, after a mid week recovery, just grateful I did not gain weight. (-16)

Re started exercise and eating right today.

This is the beginning of a new week.

Stay healthy

Not fun being sick

Sea Ya

Hi all. I just found this thread & boy am I glad! Let me tell me a little about myself. I am 68, had 1 knee replacement & working to prevent or put off a second one. I joined WW in May. As of 2/20 I am down 46 pounds. My immediate goal is to be down 50 by my cruise 3/18. My ultimate goal is to lose about 100 pounds. I lost focus around the holidays because of a death in the family (granddaughter) & WW changed their program & I didn't have to track. I have to track to be accountability to myself. I'm back on track now though. I was riding my recumbent bike about 3 times a week for 20 min. each time until I fell 2/10 & bruised my tailbone & left hand. I still have trouble getting up from a chair & walking. I have all intentions of using the fitness center on the GOS & the walking trail. I have also studied all the menus I can get my hands to make my choices before I get on the ship. Did I mention this is my first cruise? Any support will be appreciated.

Hi PTAngel, congrats on the great loss. It sounds like you are on the right track. I can empathize on the injuries, in the past year I have struggled through several that ranged from muscle tears to broken ribs (the current issue.). Just do what you can do. When I fractured my hip, I continued my yoga practice very gently and did a lot if upper body strength training--made lemons from lemonade and got fantastic arms. ;)

Just think about what you can do, even if it's just a slow walk and do something every day. Best of luck to you!

Hi PTangel! So glad you found this thread!! Please always feel free to share your struggle with us!!

I am currently off track on my working out but on track with eating right 6 of 7 days a week! When is your cruise? I have about 6.5 months til mine!

And as a first time cruiser let me say. Welcome to your new addiction! Lol. There is nothing like it!!

Hi PTangel! So glad you found this thread!! Please always feel free to share your struggle with us!!

I am currently off track on my working out but on track with eating right 6 of 7 days a week! When is your cruise? I have about 6.5 months til mine!

And as a first time cruiser let me say. Welcome to your new addiction! Lol. There is nothing like it!!

I am cruising in 20 days on the Grandeur of the Seas. I can't wait.

Thankfully, some of the changes I made in my habits have stuck with me. We went to Red Lobster tonight & I have to admit I ate 2 cheddar biscuits. I had the Lobster Lover's meal, which was 1 Maine lobster tail (ate it all), 1 Rock Lobster tail (ate half), an order of linguini alfredo with lobster & shrimp (asked for light on the sauce & ate half), garden salad with no croutons & water. I tracked it all & used some of my weekly points but I'm still on track & I have a meal for tomorrow.

I did some walking today because I was shopping. I am hoping to get on the bike tomorrow. I was feeling stronger when I was riding.

Thanks for the response. I feel like I definitely need the support.

Today was my weigh in day at WW. I lost 2 pounds this week. I must be doing something right. I had posted somewhere that I had lost 50 pounds. That is my goal before sailing (March 18). I think I might make it since I am down now 48.2 pounds. However, I still have a long way to go (40 to 50 pounds). I haven't decided on my final goal. I'm just taking each 5 pounds as it goes.

It is so much fun reading about everyones success!!!!!

You guys keep me motivated.

So far for the year I am down 17 lbs.

Found a new exercise that really makes you sweat --

Combines strength...endurance....exertion and its free!!!

Took 2 1/2 hours to shovel the driveway today.

Thank God I had a cardio evaluation and other than needing to lose weight am permitted to do this. It was fluffy snow, and I took breaks.

Now, planning dinner

Chicken and salads for sure, havent decided on the veggie.

Sea Ya

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

Well. 3 nights working out with Millie and it feels so great. It's like my ME time when I get home :)

My diet hasn't been perfect.

It's like I eat right and couldn't get motivated to work out

OR

I work out and don't eat right.

Ugh

I've got to get these 2 together cause then the pounds will really come off

Still holding strong at my starting weight largely due to the issue above.

Oh well. I'm gonna keep on keepin on :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can't exercise too much because of bad knees, but I have got back into riding my recumbent bike 20 minutes every other day for 3 miles. I hope to have it up to everyday soon. I also am trying to walk a little more (it's too cold to walk outside). My husband has gotten used to dropping me off at the entrance to a store but I am trying to convince him I will walk. I do push a cart in the stores but I am still walking. It is really a drop in the bucket compared to what others are doing but it is a lot more than what I used to do & I have to start somewhere. I am taking gym clothes with me on my cruise & intend to use the fitness club on the ship in 12 DAYS. I have my WI tomorrow so am keeping my fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Still walking away on Millie.

Still not eating right.

I have had good bit of stress for over a week now with my cat in the hospital.

But no excuses!

Going grocery shopping tomorrow and will be buying all healthy food so looking forward to next week.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Miss your updates!

I haven't checked in for a minute. Life gets in the way sometimes. Still doing pretty well with my food. My exercise is not where it needs to be, but I'm going to focus on that this week. I'm down 12 pounds since January. Still have a way to go, but progress is progress. :)

I'm jealous of your 'Millie'. Sometimes the drive to the gym is what actually keeps me from exercising. Sheer laziness but it is what it is. Priorities need to be worked on this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im 54 and have booked a cruise on the Sun Princess on November 25th, I would like to lose 12kg before then. I recently stopped smoking (have been smoking for 40years) using nicotine replacement patches. I am having so much trouble trying to lose weight, I have chronic back pain and just cant find the inspiration to start an exercise program.

I am 68 & anyone who says losing weight is easy should have their head examined! It is really hard. I was hoping to be down 50 pounds before my cruise but I didn't make it. I am down 48 lbs. That's ok. I am going to enjoy this first cruise. I am taking my program information with me & am planning to try to stick on the program & use the gym. I will buckle down & focus when I get back.

Im 54 and have booked a cruise on the Sun Princess on November 25th, I would like to lose 12kg before then. I recently stopped smoking (have been smoking for 40years) using nicotine replacement patches. I am having so much trouble trying to lose weight, I have chronic back pain and just cant find the inspiration to start an exercise program.

I would strongly suggest working with a physical therapist who can not only potentially help with the back pain, but also design an exercise program suitable for you and your abilities. Good luck.

I haven't checked in for a minute. Life gets in the way sometimes. Still doing pretty well with my food. My exercise is not where it needs to be, but I'm going to focus on that this week. I'm down 12 pounds since January. Still have a way to go, but progress is progress. :)

I'm jealous of your 'Millie'. Sometimes the drive to the gym is what actually keeps me from exercising. Sheer laziness but it is what it is. Priorities need to be worked on this week!

Haha about Millie!

Yeah that was my problem too.

I'm jealous of your good eating.

12 pounds is awesome. I haven't weighed myself in a bit due to my eating.

I've been really sick this week, so dieting and exercise were not even on the table. Lol. I had the flu. All I did was sleep and eat toast. I didn't gain and I didn't lose. I'll go with that. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. I wanted to go today but my sons in a baseball tournament. Afterwards I have to squeeze in my errands and laundry. Thank God the housekeeper came late in the week this week instead of her usual Monday. :) The house is still clean.

I have been reading all of your work-out ideas and success!!

Keep it up.

I was "bit" by the flu a couple weeks back and got back on the band wagon.

I am down 20 pounds since January.

Eating healthier.

Weather is breaking a little bit

Got to walk more outside.

On eliptycal (sp)

Biking.

Feel Great!

Got into a pair of jeans I hadn't seen since Halloween.

Long way to go---

But

Motivation is strong.

Sea Ya

May I join? I have a cruise May 17, to Alaska so don't have to worry about being in a bathing suit. But still want to lose about 20 lbs this year and need to start somewhere. I've been sick for about three months after my immune system crashed but doing great now. Just need to start slow until my energy level goes up some more. It will be nice to get out and walk once the weather warms up. I'm so ready for warmer weather!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been reading all of your work-out ideas and success!!

Keep it up.

I was "bit" by the flu a couple weeks back and got back on the band wagon.

I am down 20 pounds since January.

Eating healthier.

Weather is breaking a little bit

Got to walk more outside.

On eliptycal (sp)

Biking.

Feel Great!

Got into a pair of jeans I hadn't seen since Halloween.

Long way to go---

But

Motivation is strong.

Sea Ya

Wow! 20 lbs is awesome! Great job! I'm at 12 which is decent.

I'd love to lose a total of 30 so 18 to go. (13 might be more realistic, but we'll see)

Welcome, Taterhead!

• 3 weeks later...

Well. How's everyone been doing!?

I've been ok. Down about 3 pounds. I'm becoming a little more regimented with my eating but not as good as I could be.

I suffered a big loss a few weeks ago and sorta gave up a bit for awhile. But no excuses. Walking on Mille always makes me feel better and if I could change my way of thinking about it I think I would make time everyday :)

Plan on losing a few more pounds by the end of this month. Wish me luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well guess it's just me. That's cool

I been trudging along pretty ok. Not gaining but not losing either.

I did the color run! Which was awesome! Although we walked it, it was still 5 k of fun :)

Hopeing to do better in May :)