Labadee Cabana Reptile ?

DavidsNana

• 4 weeks later...

We had a condo in Orlando....found a huge bullfrog in the upstairs bathroom...sitting on the toilet tank! Odd! Have no idea how it got there! Freaked everyone out! Thank goodness my daughter isn't too "girly"...she took it outside and set it free!

Have never seen any wildlife in Labadee....ever.

Edited by cb at sea

A couple weeks ago, we were in Cabana #4 on Nellies Beach, which is an over-the-water cabana - but is on the hillside near the bell tower - and just around the point from Barefoot Beach (the suite beach). Inside our cabana, we had nothing - not even a flying bug/insect. We had brought buy spray, due to reading about mosquitos, but didn't end up needing it.

I am a nature guy and actively search out animals - paritcularly reptiles - when I am traveling. The only lizard I was able to find on Labadee was this little one (about 3" long total) - and it was on the rocks near the bell tower.

P2130132Small_zps9be355ba.jpg

I have seen pictures/videos of Iguanas on Labadee, but was not able to find one - and was actively looking. Only other animals we saw, were aquatic critters in the water while snorkeling, birds flying, and one stray dog.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P