Why not have these automatic hand washing machines on RCI ships?

LMaxwell

I agree, it would slow down crowds and large ships would need many, but as far as I am concerned it is a small price to pay to compensate for the fact that many adults practice poor personal hygiene.

I wonder if those machines JUST use cleaning solution or if ultraviolet light is employed as well. Certain UV lights can kill virus as well.

I said in another tread, will say here, would be plenty happy if Windjammer went to all staff service / no self-serve. Less food waste, less illnesses.

If someone isn't washing their hands when leaving the bathroom, what makes you think they'd use these? :confused:

People really need to stop being so judgmental about the stupid sanitizers. There are valid reasons, including medical, some people don't use them.

You certainly have a point; some people do have valid reasons for skipping the sanitizers. But do you really think all those people who walk past the sanitizers have one of those valid reasons? And do you think all those with a valid reason just washed their hands prior going to the dining venue? And do you think they all washed those hands well and long enough? If so, I have a bridge for sale....

Those who are not very conscientious about cleanliness are apt to skip or under do the handwashing; the sanitizers may help, at least marginally, if those less conscientious people will use them. My concern is that some of the more conscientious cruisers get an inflated sense of cleanliness from the sanitizer stations, using them when they should choose a thorough hand washing (with or without the sanitizer as they enter).

Even if I just washed my hands and have not touched a thing, I find it easier to use the sanitizer than debate the point with anybody.

You certainly have a point; some people do have valid reasons for skipping the sanitizers. But do you really think all those people who walk past the sanitizers have one of those valid reasons? And do you think all those with a valid reason just washed their hands prior going to the dining venue? And do you think they all washed those hands well and long enough? If so, I have a bridge for sale....

Of course not. I'll be the first to say the ship has a good number of disgusting slobs on board. But what I do know is, I am not one of them. I wash religously, but avoid sanitizers because of what it does to my hands and skin. I will sanitize from time to time to avoid germs, but I have to do it sparingly.

We're just off the Disney Dream:), they still use the crew member stationed with a container of sanitizing towelettes into food areas.

the automatic hand washing machines are in the kids clubs. Interesting concept but not realistic to install in general areas (maybe the food prep ones?) since i've read they cost over $1K each and would certainly back up the lines in guest areas.

Edited by keishashadow

Seems to me that such a device would spread more germs than it kills. As one touches the device or the sides as the hands are inserted, the next person will pick up those germs.

Also, when removing your hands, you could touch the sides and pick up germs afterwards.