FOTS - shows/activities

beshears

If you have been on the Freedom of the Seas ship within the past year, what did you enjoy seeing/doing (yes I know this is your opinion) while not in port?

We are to be cruising on this ship in April, and I'm trying to get some ideas of what to see/do on this ship. I know that have the paper to read, but if were in a hurry, we don't have a lot of time to read what is going on. In otherwords, I'm trying to make some notes for us of what to see/do "ahead" of time before we start this cruise.

If you have been on the Freedom of the Seas ship within the past year, what did you enjoy seeing/doing (yes I know this is your opinion) while not in port?

We are to be cruising on this ship in April, and I'm trying to get some ideas of what to see/do on this ship. I know that have the paper to read, but if were in a hurry, we don't have a lot of time to read what is going on. In otherwords, I'm trying to make some notes for us of what to see/do "ahead" of time before we start this cruise.

We pre-reserved our tickets for the ice show and it was great! All of the comedians were very funny and the Love & Marriage show was not to be missed! Hilarious!:D Laughing is healthy and improves your mood! Other than those, hung out either at the Pub on the Promenade, Windjammer bar, or out around the pool for the belly flop contest!;) Will be on FOS again this Halloween!!:cool: Have a great cruise!

Thank you for getting back with me on some things to see/do.

In regard to the ice show, where do you get these tickets "ahead" of time?

The "belly Flop? Is that where men dive in or what???

Yes, I definately want to see the love and marriage show.

You will be told when and where to pick up the ice show tickets once onboard. It will be in your Daily Compass, and they make MULTIPLE announcements!!

Actually, the ice show tickets are the only show reservation tickets you can reserve online before the cruise. It will be on the sea pass and they will scan as you enter the show.

This is our favorite ship by far. We will be on her agin in November, I think you will love her too.

Here is a list of some of the "must dos" for us:

Margaritas buy one get one at the "On Air" bar certain days

3D theater

outdoor movies

Lunch in dining room with "tuttie salad bar"

ice show

Johnny Rockets buy one get one milkshake coupon

cafe promenade

breakfast buffet in dining room

sorrentos

Ben and Jerry's ice cream

solarium pool

hand dipped ice crean at lunch and dinner in the buffet + 3pm-5pm

Freedom Fest in promendad one sea day

There are alot more strenuous activies avilable also.

Love this ship!

What they said... and to reiterate, get your Ice Show tickets on line before you go. Do it early so you can get the time you want.

Chops... great for a nice steak.

I love the Schooner Bar. I really like the piano player, Darryl (?). I personally think he's fun and funny.

There is a Vintages Wine Bar for a nice glass of wine. They also do a wine pairing with the standard MDR menu. Didn't do it, but it looks nice.

Pub is a great place to hang out at night.

Flow rider. Do it, or just relax and watch others try it.

Miniature Golf.

Relax in the Viking Crown Lounge (Olive or Twist) and enjoy the beautiful views.

Go to the show "Once Upon a Time."

Sit on your balcony (if you have one).

Just have a great time!

I love Freedom. One of the best classes of ship.

Thank you ALL for getting back with me on my questions. I just made a LOT of notes right now. :)

My question now, is there a cost for the ice show? If not, what area on RCCL website to I go on to reserve our tickets?

There's no charge and its under the 'Entertainment Reservations' section in the 'Pre-Cruise Planner' when you view your reservation on the RCL website (just click on the 'Add' button).

For our next cruise (mid April) the show isn't available yet - the message indicates reservations can only be made if the cruise is less than 2 months in the future.

Hand dipped ice cream? Where was that? Was just on freedom, and did not see it.

Also, we did not have a magic show on our sailing, either. It's too bad, my kids really wanted to see one!

I believe the hand dipped ice cream is in the Windjammer.

Cruzin Lady

hxl2001, thank you for getting back with me on where to sign up for the ice show tickets. It took a little looking, but I finally found it at the bottom of the web page. :) Thank you for letting me know that I cannot do it unless it is two months before traveling time.