Seafood Buffet?

swom

I've been cruising on Princess for the last 3 cruises and I really enjoyed dinner the first night because they always did the seafood buffet.

Does HAL offer anything like that? I truly can not remember......it's been about 8 years since we were on HAL.

HAL does not have a seafood bar for dinner.

At one time -- maybe once a cruise -- there used to be a crab leg offering at lunch time in the Lido. But I haven't even seen that in a few years. I may have missed it as we have discovered that some things like that are not advertised in the daily "On Location" program.

Thanks sppunk. I'll give it a try. However I live in an area highly populated by Asian people, so I'm very spoiled when it comes to excellent sushi. But, maybe it'll be ok???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember some wonderful seafood buffets at lunch on HAL ships that we really enjoyed but it's been a long time. We used to have shrimp, crab legs, mussels...... it was so good. But sadly only a memory now for the shorter (14 days and under) cruises but perhaps is still offered on longer cruises.

Thanks sppunk. I'll give it a try. However I live in an area highly populated by Asian people, so I'm very spoiled when it comes to excellent sushi. But, maybe it'll be ok???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm afraid it might not even be OK. :(

We had a lunch seafood buffet in the MDR on our recent Maasdam cruise (42 day cruise). It was incredible; included lobster tails, crab legs and jumbo shrimp plus lots of different desserts.:)

I remember some wonderful seafood buffets at lunch on HAL ships that we really enjoyed but it's been a long time. We used to have shrimp, crab legs, mussels...... it was so good. But sadly only a memory now for the shorter (14 days and under) cruises but perhaps is still offered on longer cruises.

We have done 22 and 25 day cruises (not Collectors) and there wasn't anything.

Must be only for the World Cruise and Grand Voyages.

I've been cruising on Princess for the last 3 cruises and I really enjoyed dinner the first night because they always did the seafood buffet.

Does HAL offer anything like that? I truly can not remember......it's been about 8 years since we were on HAL.

My next cruise is Caribbean Princess this March and then we're cruising Eurodam next March.

Been trying to verify seafood buffet on Princess. Can you tell me what it included?

Also, was there a German/Bavarian Buffet? What did it include?

Like others, I'm planning on going on the Rotterdam for my first cruise on HAL. Sounds like HAL has lunch buffet in the Lido dining area? Doe they serve dinner buffet as well or is it just sit-down dining?

Yes, the Lido serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy your first HAL cruise.

Sushi

When the Eurodam came out -- the sushi was really good -- way back in 2008.

DH ate it for a couple more years on various ships and then noticed that it wasn't as good any more.

He hasn't had it in about 3 years.

KK, are you comparing the sushi in Tamarind on those menus with the sushi in the "asian station" of the Lido at lunch? To me there is absolutely no comparison. Not even the same selection. Tamarind was MUCH better, but still not anywhere near my favorite sushi places here in Seattle.

And now if I've seen correctly lunch in Tamarind has a cost and is a sushi lunch... I'm sure it's better than the 99% rice stuff in the lido but... really?

Anything for a buck I suppose

My next cruise is Caribbean Princess this March and then we're cruising Eurodam next March.

Been trying to verify seafood buffet on Princess. Can you tell me what it included?

Also, was there a German/Bavarian Buffet? What did it include?

I've sailed on the Caribbean Princess numerous times over the past several years and have yet to see or hear of a seafood buffet. i know they did have them at one time. And they may still have it, but I haven't seen it.

I plan to do the repo in October for the 3rd time and will make it a point to ask! Hopefully, someone here will answer your question long before then!

I haven't had the Bavarian Buffet (probably because I don't care for that kind of food), but I have heard rave reviews.

Maureen

KK, are you comparing the sushi in Tamarind on those menus with the sushi in the "asian station" of the Lido at lunch? To me there is absolutely no comparison. Not even the same selection. Tamarind was MUCH better, but still not anywhere near my favorite sushi places here in Seattle.

And now if I've seen correctly lunch in Tamarind has a cost and is a sushi lunch... I'm sure it's better than the 99% rice stuff in the lido but... really?

Anything for a buck I suppose

The Sushi in the Lido. Remember that only 2 ships have the Tamarind.