Ruby Princess--sports bar?

scrabble6

Hello! We're considering an October Canada/New England cruise aboard the Ruby Princess.

Is there a sports bar on board? I don't see one on the deck plans.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. We would be looking to enjoy some Saturday college football games.

Unfortunately, there is not a "sports bar", per se, on the Ruby Princess. They will usually have sports on the TVs in Churchill's Cigar Lounge, but if you are not a smoker this may not be terribly attractive to you. Also, sports viewing aboard ship is severely limited based on the provider packages the cruise line has at any given time, not to mention satellite service at sea. We see mostly soccer. However, in the fall, they will often play NFL football for at least part of Sunday (sometimes all day) on Movies Under the Stars, and they also usually show Monday Night Football on MUTS (as well as in the Cigar Lounge.) I can't recall whether I've ever seen college football on MUTS. Perhaps someone else can provide some additional information.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news, but hope that helps. She is, otherwise, a beautiful ship - probably our favorite.

We were on an Alaskan cruise in September and my DH couldn't find one TV showing college sports. They only had the European ESPN and that was showing a bike race. Things might have changed since 2010 but you might be disappointed.
Princess broadcasts only sports of broad appeal to all passengers. It could be football, it could be soccer, it could be tennis or it could be a bike race. They don't show US network sports unless it's a major game that's being broadcast nationally. Most college sports are broadcast regionally.

They were calling Club Fusion a "sports bar" on the Ruby sailings this month. They did have the TV's set to ESPN as we were in there for one of the college basketball game.

That would actually be a good venue for sports TV. Good to know, for future reference.