Caribbean time differences

wvufan

I am primarily interested in knowing if ship time and local time in Cozumel are the same, but thought others may have a broader interest so was not that specific in the title.

We will be on the Grandeur in Cozumel on Feb 12th. We are interested in a local excursion that would end about 3. We sail at 4. No problem if the times are the same. We sail from Baltimore, so our original time will be EST. Will there be a time change on board before we get to Cozumel?

Thanks

OOOEEE :D:D : Bob and Phyl

If its a RCL excurtion i believe like said above that its on departure port time.

If its an external excurtion Cozumel is on Central Time

FYI

I know this is not the case with you, but Mexico and the US dont change to and from daylight saving time on the same date. so there are some instances that for like two weeks each year its even more complicated

Edited by cgguajardo

you will have a one hour time change going down and then comming back. The ship time will be the same as the port that you are in. You will be fine if it ends @ 3 and sail @ 4. Enjoy We got off the Grandger on christmas eve, Great little ship. Enjoy:)

First of all the ship is always on ship's time.... the question is does ship time match port time. There does not seem to be a fleet wide policy on time changes on RCI, the captain, the itinerary, how may times you need to change... all seem to influence on whether you change or not. A case in point, took a cruise out of FLL to Cozumel a few months apart... same exact itinerary, same ship, the only thing different was the captain. One trip we changed time and the other we did not.

If the Grandeur has recently completed this cruise with the same captain, go to most recent roll call and ask what they did for Cozumel. That would be your best chance to find out what you may do. The captains changed on the Grandeur in January so it is possible you may not have the same experience as the poster who was on in December. Unfortunately you will only know for sure when you are on the cruise.

First of all the ship is always on ship's time.... the question is does ship time match port time. There does not seem to be a fleet wide policy on time changes on RCI, the captain, the itinerary, how may times you need to change... all seem to influence on whether you change or not. A case in point, took a cruise out of FLL to Cozumel a few months apart... same exact itinerary, same ship, the only thing different was the captain. One trip we changed time and the other we did not.

If the Grandeur has recently completed this cruise with the same captain, go to most recent roll call and ask what they did for Cozumel. That would be your best chance to find out what you may do. The captains changed on the Grandeur in January so it is possible you may not have the same experience as the poster who was on in December. Unfortunately you will only know for sure when you are on the cruise.

This is the answer you are looking for.

And to show you how greatly it can change...On our recent B2B we went to Cozumel twice.(once on each leg) On the first leg the ship changed time from its embarkation port time and on the second leg it did not. Same Captain.

Almost every cruise I have been on (23 of them) the ship has stayed on "ship time." But not always. I always check the time on the ships clock before debarking in port to be sure it matches my watch. I have seen more than one person left at Cozumel because they used "local" time which was an hour behind "ship" time. So always know which time you are on.

If booking a local tour, I'd assume that the ship will be on Eastern time and the tour time will be local. You can probably email the tour operator to ask.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems there are a lot of inconsistencies.

The latest info I got was from someone who was recently on the cruise. She said that the only port in which there was a time differential was Cozumel. Grand Cayman was the same as ship time.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl