Sapphire Princess cabin changed from C731 to B405

logcabingirl

Hi Everyone:

My cabin changed (Not sure if this would actually be considered an upgrade?)

Was booked on Sapphire Princess Caribe deck C731. This is an aft balcony cabin with apparently a large deck. A bit bigger room too I think.

Just looked at my booking summary today and it has been changed to Baja deck B405. Other than this being a midship cabin, anyone know if this would in fact be a better cabin? It appears to be worse?

Cruise leaves on the 1st Feb. so any information you could give me would be great.

Hi Everyone:

My cabin changed (Not sure if this would actually be considered an upgrade?)

Was booked on Sapphire Princess Caribe deck C731. This is an aft balcony cabin with apparently a large deck. A bit bigger room too I think.

Just looked at my booking summary today and it has been changed to Baja deck B405. Other than this being a midship cabin, anyone know if this would in fact be a better cabin? It appears to be worse?

Cruise leaves on the 1st Feb. so any information you could give me would be great.

That would be a downgrade in my eyes.

C731 is not an aft cabin its a Starboard side cabin.

You had a large balcony on Caribe deck, now you have a balcony thats half the size. :eek:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

According to Princess, it's an upgrade because it's perceived that people want mid-ship cabins on higher decks. But what Princess considers an upgrade isn't necessarily one to some people. I'd call Princess or your TA first thing in the morning and try to get the original cabin back. This is a case when a good TA can be invaluable. You take your chances when you book directly.

According to Princess, it's an upgrade because it's perceived that people want mid-ship cabins on higher decks. But what Princess considers an upgrade isn't necessarily one to some people. I'd call Princess or your TA first thing in the morning and try to get the original cabin back. This is a case when a good TA can be invaluable. You take your chances when you book directly.

What do you mean? We book direct and have no problems. We have had problems when booking with a TA. When we were upgraded on a cruise, we called Princess within 2 hours of receiving the upgrade email and was able to get our cabin back.

When we book our cruises, we are always asked if we want to be upgraded or not. And we always check the deck plans. On our 1st Princess cruise, we were upgraded. I posted here about the upgrade and within 5 minutes I got many answers about the cabin and deck. Nothing wrong with TA's, but unfortunately they don't know every cabin/deck of every ship on every cruise line .

All but 4 cabins on aft Caribe Deck are showing as sold, including C731. You can call your TA first thing in the morning but frankly I don't see much chance of getting your original cabin back. But take heart: many would consider B405 a better location--obviously Princess does. And as was pointed out, your balcony is smaller but you will have more privacy and more shade.

Again.. Thanks for the input.

I am under the impression that the balconies on the caribe deck are partially covered so there is an area for privacy from above.

I called my TA this morning and she first said it's changed there is nothing she can do. I voiced my disappointment a little more and she said she could put in a resolution with Princess.(a written form stating we did not want the change and desire to have the original cabin) She said she would hear by the end of today or maybe tomorrow.

Not sure how this will work out. Cross your fingers for me.:)

Again.. Thanks for the input.

I am under the impression that the balconies on the caribe deck are partially covered so there is an area for privacy from above.

I called my TA this morning and she first said it's changed there is nothing she can do. I voiced my disappointment a little more and she said she could put in a resolution with Princess.(a written form stating we did not want the change and desire to have the original cabin) She said she would hear by the end of today or maybe tomorrow.

Not sure how this will work out. Cross your fingers for me.:)

Yes they are half covered, there is privacy if you want.

I would get your TA to call!

Sounds like the cabin may be gone for good if she drags her feet by sending a form.

Yes they are half covered, there is privacy if you want.

I would get your TA to call!

Sounds like the cabin may be gone for good if she drags her feet by sending a form.

She did call and then called again and submitted a resolution form? I can hope I guess. If not, well hey... I am still going to have an awesome time. :cool:

All C deck balconies are now classed as premium balconies, so this is definitely a downgrade.

I have to disagree with you, terrierjohn: the BD and BE cabins on Caribe Deck fore and aft are not classified as Premium Balconies. They are identical to the B2 cabins but are not the same category. So it is technically an upgrade from a BD to a BB; but I do agree--an upgrade in name only.

Edited by f-mattox