Has Anyone had their B of A Visa card converted to a Signature Card

molly361

I thought the thread that was started last year said that Bank of America had said they were going to automatically convert everyone that had a Platinum card with a credit limit of $3,000 to the Signature card.

That has not happened with my card and B of A does not know anything about converting the old Platinum cards over to a Signature one.

Has anyone gotten theirs converted??

I thought the thread that was started last year said that Bank of America had said they were going to automatically convert everyone that had a Platinum card with a credit limit of $3,000 to the Signature card.

That has not happened with my card and B of A does not know anything about converting the old Platinum cards over to a Signature one.

Has anyone gotten theirs converted??

The FAQs on the signature card say to call up and they will do it for you...but... I tried it and the boa folks knew nothing about this. I called c & a and threw

Y said that they would peruse this but nothing has happened. The FAQ is still there.

Steve

The FAQs on the signature card say to call up and they will do it for you...but... I tried it and the boa folks knew nothing about this. I called c & a and threw

Y said that they would peruse this but nothing has happened. The FAQ is still there.

Steve

Same thing happened to me. I was told that the only way to get the Signature card is to do a fresh application. I asked about combining the points and they couldn't give me an answer. According to Royals website, the only to get the points combined is to call the number on the back of your card and have BOA do a conversion.

Go figure.

• 5 months later...

Just called on this. A "product change upgrade" has to be submitted.

I called 1-800-421-2110 and any rep is able to fill it out for you but has to get a manager's approval in order to submit.

Beware though! Your account number will change and you will lose all accumulated points when the conversion is done!!

With current & pending awards I will have enough for another $50 OBC, so am waiting to process until the pending points clear and are redeemed. :)

I received upgrade offer's twice from BOA in the mail with a web address and a code. I went through the process and received my new care/w chip in about 2 weeks. It had a new account # and all my points, past charges & payments were transferred to new new card.

I called 1-800-421-2110 and any rep is able to fill it out for you but has to get a manager's approval in order to submit.

Beware though! Your account number will change and you will lose all accumulated points when the conversion is done!!

With current & pending awards I will have enough for another $50 OBC, so am waiting to process until the pending points clear and are redeemed. :)

Not true all my points were transferred to the new card.

Not true all my points were transferred to the new card.

Possibly going through the upgrade offer/link is the difference.

For those of us that didn't receive any offers, redeeming points before calling seems like the safest bet. ;)

I received upgrade offer's twice from BOA in the mail with a web address and a code. I went through the process and received my new care/w chip in about 2 weeks. It had a new account # and all my points, past charges & payments were transferred to new new card.

Same here. We got a letter in the mail with the upgrade offer that we had to respond to by June 30, 2015. I called, got upgraded, got a new number and all points were transferred. Easy Peasy!!!!:D

The only glitch was that after upgrading, when I went in to check our statement on the BofA website, it said I had no accounts with BofA.:eek: A quick call and the system was reset with our new number.

Knew from the get go that the account number would change since you are getting a completely different type of credit card with different rewards. Got a new number and kept all points.

It was discussed back when the Signature Visa was announced that all those current BofA customers with a Platinum Plus account who had at least a $5000 credit line or higher were automatically pre-approved for the upgrade.

Edited by cruisenfever

Possibly going through the upgrade offer/link is the difference.

For those of us that didn't receive any offers, redeeming points before calling seems like the safest bet. ;)

Then you should get the 10,000 bonus points!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

Edited by FLACRUISER99

We have the Royal Caribbean Visa Preferred Card and I don't see the significant difference in changing to the Signature. Can someone tell me what the benefit would be?

If it is anything like the Chip and Pin system we have in the UK, it will, allegedly, reduce the amount of crime that takes place with Debit and Credit Cards. On the assumption that it is the same system we have in the UK, I am surprised it is taking this long to implement.

We have the Royal Caribbean Visa Preferred Card and I don't see the significant difference in changing to the Signature. Can someone tell me what the benefit would be?

From the RCI website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

Didn't know that there was another credit card through RCI. The only 2 credit cards that we know through RCI are Visa Platinum Plus and the new Visa Signature.

Edited by cruisenfever

If it is anything like the Chip and Pin system we have in the UK, it will, allegedly, reduce the amount of crime that takes place with Debit and Credit Cards. On the assumption that it is the same system we have in the UK, I am surprised it is taking this long to implement.

Though some credit cards issued here in the US now have the chip it does not mean that it is considered a Pin and Chip Card. You still have to sign when making purchases. They have not introduced the "PIN" number system as of yet.

The RCI Signature Visa does have the chip but you still must sign when using it.

Edited by cruisenfever

Though some credit cards issued here in the US now have the chip it does not mean that it is considered a Pin and Chip Card. You still have to sign when making purchases.

That's fair enough. I would be interested in hearing whether these new cards will work in the Chip and Pin devices in the UK though, not that it applies to me.