I feel the movement on the big ships!

raerenee

As a child and a teenager, I was always car sick. In fact, until I learned to drive myself, I was sick -- also on long bus rides and the old prop planes. I was very nervous on my first 14-night cruise on the Navigator out of Southampton. It was very rocky around the Bay of Biscay, which is normal and there were vomit bags everywhere. I did have an occasional headache but never felt nauseous. Since then, I've been on most of RCL classes, from the Majesty to the Oasis and have never felt sick, even in rough seas. In fact, I felt the motion less on the Majesty than any other ship but that's probably because it only goes as far as the Bahamas and moves very slowly. On the Oasis recently, the aqua theatre pool was slushing around so much that one of the shows was cancelled because there wasn't enough water in the pool for the high divers, but I couldn't feel a thing. Everyone experiences motion differently. However, I do take sea bands and ginger pills with me, just in case.

We felt movement on Allure and every other ship we've been on. The ship is still minute in relation to the body of water it is in. I can ride any roller coaster, ride in a car, on a train, etc with no issues, but I do get seasick if I don't take something. But, movement doesn't translate into seasickness. It depends on the motion.

We were on the Oasis a couple years ago, eastern, in November. It was by far the roughest cruise we had been on. Quite a few of the crew were sick as were many, many passengers. The smoothest cruise was on the Carnival Triumph. Cruised through a thunderstorm. Looked outside, saw how rough the water was and thought, wow, we are cruising through a thunderstorm

Hopefully nobody goes too bonkers over my reply. :p

In my experiences, the ship I have felt the most motion on was Freedom of the Seas. Oasis of the Seas felt the most stable to me so far. I honestly did not feel a thing on Oasis.

Brilliance this past December out of Tampa. There were nights the Solarium pool was splashing all over the place and they had to place these acrylic walls up to reduce to water splashing over into the lounging area because the ship was rocking so much. If you look up a picture of the Brilliance pool and see the small elephants in the water, the pool was splashing over the top of them at times. But even then, I couldn't feel anything.

I think the waves in the pool are affected by the water level. once on freedom the water was down about a foot or so and it started a wave that splashed skyward about 10 feet. flooded the pool deck and got worse as water shot out. I think they did it on purpose.:p

We were on Brilliance for New Years and the last day and night were probably the roughest nights I have had at sea ever. I felt nothing when I was on the Oasis. I can say that not all captains use the stabilizers to the same extent. There are times you should feel nothing but it is obvious the stabilizers are off. The Allure moved a bit and I felt nothing on Freedom. Now 21 years ago, the Majesty was rocking like crazy and they had barf bags available in the hallways. There were no stabilizers then. I was shocked at how smooth the Monarch was 2 years ago after my Majesty experience. Stabilizers are the winner!

Oh no I'm going on Brilliance next Thursday...hope it's not that rough. I'm very sensitive to it...I've already packed all the motion sickness and prevention stuff...hope it's enough.

Edited by styles27

We are just off Liberty and we felt it rocking and rolling ONE night. But we were down in the conference center for a few hours which is deck 2 in the front of the ship. Once we got out of there and into the main areas it was much less. It was strange though b/c the seas were not rough at all..

When I was on Majesty the ship was rocking so bad that people were sliding around and bracing in the Windjammer. This is the only time I've ever felt real movement. On Adventure the water in the pools would fly out and rock but I didn't really feel like I was moving. Oasis was by far the smoothest, I'd honestly have no idea I was even on a boat in terms of movement.