Playa mia or paradise beach??

seguetocaribe

Looking for advice on which will be a better fit for my family. My husband, myself and our twin 10 year old daughters. They love slides, so I am leaning more towards Playa Mia but so many people seem to love Paradise Beach. Is Paradise Beach nicer? Does it have as many fun things for the kids to do as Playa Mia? We did Mr. Sanchos last year and we liked it there but we would like to try something new this time. Appreciate any input!

I have never been to Paradise (yet), but have been to Playa Mia and we loved it there (the children really loved it).

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures of the place located in my signature line if you are interested. :)

Playa Mia also has water toys as well and have expanded their water toys. They did not have them up the day we were there (which is why there are no pictures in my review), but I believe it was because they were coming out with the new ones they have now.

Thanks for the replies!

Mitsugirly, I read your awesome review from top to bottom since we are going on the same ship/itinerary.

In fact, we are also going to Little French Key in Roatan. We were supposed to go there last year when we were on the Liberty but the captain decided that it was too windy to make our stop there so we missed it!! :( Really hope that it doesn't happen again this time on the Dream! Nice thing is that when I contacted LFK this time and told them how we missed it last year, they gave us a discount for this time! Nothing huge but still a very nice gesture!

It sounds like Playa Mia will be a better fit for my girls but wondering what people seem to love about Paradise Beach..

Thanks for the replies!

It sounds like Playa Mia will be a better fit for my girls but wondering what people seem to love about Paradise Beach..

PB is a large, popular, well run beach club with a nice beach, good facilities, and a huge pool. It attracts lots of visitors and the low admission fee ($2 chair rental) brings many who only want a couple of hours of beach time before or after other events.

PB is a large, popular, well run beach club with a nice beach, good facilities, and a huge pool. It attracts lots of visitors and the low admission fee ($2 chair rental) brings many who only want a couple of hours of beach time before or after other events.

The cost for paradise beach is cheap. We don't want all inclusive. The water is clean and shallow. The food and drinks are good and reasonably priced. The pool is included. There is plenty to do there without spending a fortune.

That is why we go.

I agree Paradise Beach has very nice facilities. Just FYI website now states facility fee is $3pp and water park is $15.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the western on allure and went to paradise beach. Cab was $14 each way. $3 pp for a chair and $10 pp in food/drink purchases required. Not cheap and the mixed drinks are 8.50 for a pretty small cup. The kids liked the big pool. The beach was ok but lots of seaweed floating around in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Mitsugirly-

Thanks for all your knowledge and reviews. I learn so much from you. I just booked Playa Mia for August. So excited. I have a 14 and 8 yo. I think they will love it. Also, last August I booked tubing.bz thanks to you and had a great time.

Mitsugirly-

Thanks for all your knowledge and reviews. I learn so much from you. I just booked Playa Mia for August. So excited. I have a 14 and 8 yo. I think they will love it. Also, last August I booked tubing.bz thanks to you and had a great time.

You are very welcome. I hope you have a wonderful day at Playa Mia (and especially the kids). :)