How bad are the lizards on Labadee?

DavidsNana

I asked this question on the ports board but got no responses. Used the search feature and found only old answers. So I hope that someone who has been to Labadee recently can tell me just how bad the lizards are in the dining areas of Labadee. I read an old review, 2006 that said they were all over and agressive about getting food. Am also thinking about renting an over the water cabana but it would seem to me that if the lizards are in the dining area, they would certainly be in the cabanas. I have a reptile phobia. Not afraid of bugs, rats or mice but reptiles are a different story. So, some honest up-to-date information would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance.

I asked this question on the ports board but got no responses. Used the search feature and found only old answers. So I hope that someone who has been to Labadee recently can tell me just how bad the lizards are in the dining areas of Labadee. I read an old review, 2006 that said they were all over and agressive about getting food. Am also thinking about renting an over the water cabana but it would seem to me that if the lizards are in the dining area, they would certainly be in the cabanas. I have a reptile phobia. Not afraid of bugs, rats or mice but reptiles are a different story. So, some honest up-to-date information would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance.

Been there three times in the last three years - never saw any lizards and trust me....I would have jumped sky high if I had!

We were in a cabana, walking the grounds and on the beach - no lizards. enjoy, swiss

Was just there the first of December. Did not see one Iguana, Lizard... or any reptile of any kind.... I do miss the chickens! Or was that Coco Cay. Anyway... I think the only Lizard you are likely to see is on a post card!

I saw a lizard once in CoCoCay, if that's what you call it. It was like 3 inches long.....is that a lizard?

I'd post a picture of it, but, I don't want to scare the OP.

After googling it, I think I saw a skink.

Edited by maureencruiser

I've never seen a lizard....but, if you do...no worries! They are not "attack" lizards! They are more afraid of you, than you are of them, no matter what you feel!

Aruba has lizards.....heck...I have lizards in my garage in Virginia! I'm bigger....I win!

I've never seen a lizard....but, if you do...no worries! They are not "attack" lizards! They are more afraid of you, than you are of them, no matter what you feel!

Aruba has lizards.....heck...I have lizards in my garage in Virginia! I'm bigger....I win!

Yep, we have them in Loudoun county, VA too. I've had them in my basement. They don't live long in the A/C cooled house, but they are everywhere. And, they are definitely not "attack" lizards lol.

To the OP: Please don't move to Florida. We have lizards everywhere, or are they geckos? Green ones, brown ones, brown ones with bumps. They are on the patio, the pool screen, the sidewalks, sometimes I find one scampering across the living room floor. If I can't catch the ones that find their way into the house I find them later dead and dried up under the sofa. Oh, and did I mention the cute little ring snakes we sometimes find in the pool? I repeat please don't move to Florida!:D. ( they are good little guys though because they eat bugs.)

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it. Yes, I know that there are lizards in Florida. Lived in Hawaii for 3 years and they are there too but managed to keep them all out of the house except one. Also lived on Midway Island when I was a child but no lizards, just spiders the size of cereal bowls and flying roaches about 3 inches long, rats the size of small cats. Wasn't aware that VA had that many lizards. We do have skinks and other lizards here in CA but I live in the suburbs and only see one occasionally. Thanks again.