Help with Stateroom selection Prinsendam

baytraller

447, 451, and 452 appear to be "shower only" - so if bathtub is important to you, choose 437 or 453. All should be quiet as there are only cabins above you. You will love this ship - the service level is superb, and the small ship makes it really easy to navigate and to get to know the fellow passengers and staff. But the best part is the walk-in closet!

I would choose 453 - opposite another cabin and further away from the public area. It is a little bigger too.

We would never choose the other side as we had a cabin there towards the back and every refueling day we had fumes in the cabin and had to leave it.

There was also some Plexiglas stuff over the window and we constantly banged our heads on it when going to look out.

Take a bungee cord with you to latch back the bathroom door as they slide and in rough water can make quite a noise.

Yes, we loved the walk in closet! and the whole ship - would love to sail on her again.

Thank you for the comments so far, but could you clarify

1) All should be quiet as there are only cabins above you.

Does this mean that if your cabin was under the Lower Promenade, you could hear guests walking above the ceiling

2) Take a bungee cord with you to latch back the bathroom door as they slide and in rough water can make quite a noise.

Is this a sliding door

Also do you have a shower over the bath

Thank you for the comments so far, but could you clarify

1) All should be quiet as there are only cabins above you.

Does this mean that if your cabin was under the Lower Promenade, you could hear guests walking above the ceiling

2) Take a bungee cord with you to latch back the bathroom door as they slide and in rough water can make quite a noise.

Is this a sliding door

Also do you have a shower over the bath

1) Yes, if under the Lower Promenade you might hear some walkers. If another passenger ignores the "No Running" signs on the LP, you will hear them.

2) Yes, the bathroom door slides. The 'tub' bathrooms do have a shower in the tub. We prefer the shower rooms, even though the bathroom is a bit smaller, they are more efficient with the space (not wasting room with a tub we don't want). Also, DH is tall and can't fully stand up in the tub to shower.

We have sailed on the Prinsendam 4 times. We try to get cabin 451 when it is available because we loved it so much on our first cruise. It is quiet but convenient to the main stairway and elevators. When HAL "upgraded" us against our wishes and sold the cabin from under us in 2010, we were able to get 437 which was just as nice but a bit closer to the stairs/elevators. We never heard a sound in either cabin.

Enjoy your cruise and cabin!

Certainly not forward rooms. Very loud and unusual noises up there! Are you doing this through a travel agent? Online Hal gives you a selection of rooms to choose from but they are not necessarily all that is available.

Ahoy!

Out of the five I'd probably select 453. The cabin is amidships (which the place to be in rough weather), stairs aren't all that far away & the biggest selling point for me, a big bathtub (not your typical RV/marine tub found on other ships).

We've stayed in 484 (aft: can be noisy with anchor chains & such on port days) and 464 (our favorite and a bit less noisy). I don't recall any noise above us since the next deck up is the main deck followed by the lower promenade.

Regardless of which cabin you select there will be some noise on port days as mentioned. But heck, that part of the cruising / sailing fun!

Have yourselves a wonderful cruise. I think you'll really enjoy the Elegant Explorer.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

The Prinsendam tub sides are very, very high. If you have any problems raising your legs, then I would suggest a cabin with shower only.

I was upgraded to a cabin with a tub and had a terrible time getting in it. Getting out was worse, as the floor is lower than the bottom of the tub.

We have stayed in 443 twice. I agree about staying on that side of the ship because of the refueling odor. The problem is, something is going on below that deck, particularly around 4:00 p.m. I don't know what they are doing, but pounding in involved! Also, there isn't a piece of plexiglass over the recessed window in 443. There was in 463, where I smashed my nose more times than I can count. We had friends who stayed in 455 without any issues, but they may not be noise sensitive.

Don't choose anything around 463, as there is lots of noisy vibration, probably from the "stack". There is a constant roar!!

I am breaking my rule and staying in 158 in a verandah on our next cruise. It is above the Oak Room. It was the only cabin available on that deck.

Looks like 453 is the go

Are you able to control the temperature in your stateroom

absolutely. At least we were able to and I heard no complaints from either of my two roll calls (90 and 110 people)

This ship might be an older lady but she has been cared for IMO.

and before someone says it - you will see some rust but you do for most ships that do regular travelling