Timing of Captain Marvin's Tour

amy2313

Hi All,

We booked with Captain Marvin's 2-stop stingray and snorkel tour after reading some great reviews about them on here.

If people could help clarify the timing of his tour for me: It is a 2.5 hour tour and he said to meet at 8am and it starts at 8:30. He explained this is local time and would be 9am IF our ship stays on Daylight Savings.

We are on the April 15 Carnival cruise, could anyone help to clarify what time we need to meet the tour??

ALSO... for those that have toured with Captain Marvin, the tour is 2.5 hours. Does he keep to his schedule? Is he on time with leaving AND returning?? We are thinking about doing a second tour in the afternoon, possibly to the West Bay area and are not sure if we would be able to do it all and get back to the ship by 3:30.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask them via email at info@captainmarvins.com

I told them my ship date and time listed on Carnival site and asked them if their 3 stop tour which starts at 10AM will be doable.

On their site they said they will answer time zone related questions...

Good luck, we are going 2/23 Carnival Breeze.

I have used Captain Marvin back in 2002 and they did really good job.

We were only 7-9 ppl. and they took us to nice shallow less crowded spot on the sandbar.

If he says 8:00 am...then you go by SHIP'S time....if the ship's clocks say 8:00, you better meet him!

It doesn't matter WHAT time local time is...you MUST ALWAYS go by ship's time....there are clocks everywhere...and, at all the exits.

Captain Marvins KNOWS how this stuff works. Ship's time is all that matters.

If he says 8:00 am...then you go by SHIP'S time....if the ship's clocks say 8:00, you better meet him!

It doesn't matter WHAT time local time is...you MUST ALWAYS go by ship's time....there are clocks everywhere...and, at all the exits.

Yup that's what they replied.

BTW: Their cancellation policy is very good.

Answer I got from Cpt. Marvin contact:

------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Carnival breeze is on the same as local time.

Our cancellation policy is that if your ship cannot stop here on its scheduled day, or arrives too late for you to take our tour, you will not be charged. If you need to cancel your reservation for personal reasons, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged.

-----------------------------

Also Amy2313 keep in mind that you have to take a small boat (tender) from the ship to get on the island so allocate some time for that as well.

They told us they operate on local time which is an hour behind ship time.

They told us they operate on local time which is an hour behind ship time.

That is only true if you are travelling in the summer, and your cruise ship departs from Miami or other Eastern Daylight Time locations.

During the winter months, Cayman is the same time as Miami.

That is only true if you are travelling in the summer, and your cruise ship departs from Miami or other Eastern Daylight Time locations.

During the winter months, Cayman is the same time as Miami.

And according to cb, you ALWAYS go by ship's time. I was just pointing out in our dealing's with Captain Marvin's for an upcoming cruise, they referred to local time (and said the ship will be different).

I agree you go by ship's time, ESPECIALLY for when to be back on board.