Snorkeling Recommendations, Please

Rondelle girl

You don't really need a "tour" to snorkel here. There is excellent snorkeling right at Chankanaab (or even money bar). It's not your "walk in" to the water type of beach, but there's a huge beach there and there are tons of things to do there.

I have 2 reviews with tons of pictures and links to additional pictures (listed in my signature line) that will show you what the place looks like and the snorkeling there. :)

Research Money bar and Chankanaab through the reviews and their websites. If snorkeling is your only priority, just take a $10 cab to money bar and hand out there. Food is good and reasonable. You can rent equipment if you need it. The waiter will watch your stuff while snorkeling or you can rent a locker for either $7 or $8. We really enjoyed it there in sept.

We have snorkeled at Chankanaab, Money Bar (before it was the Money Bar), Playa Corona, and Playa Uvas. Chankanaab and MB were the best. If you want better you need to take a boat to one of the reefs. We did Playa Palancar once. The shore snorkeling wasn't much but they had a boat tour that was very good. I think it was $35@ back then. Chankanaab is the only place that we have snorkeled twice.

We enjoy Corona. Easy access into water. Good snorkeling and not very crowded. It's been our choice for years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They serve a pretty good fajita too and their beer is cold enough to hurt your teeth, if you have any..;)

Edited by clackey

• 3 weeks later...