Ft Lauderdale hotels

glitteryone

We always stay at the Embassy Suites, you can see the ships from your hotel room if you are on the correct side of the building. Port is a couple miles away....close to the airport also!

We love their drinks/snacks at night and the breakfast in the morning. They have a shuttle to the port, but we always take a cab, it's less than $10.

Edited by Desertbelle

I have stayed twice pre-cruise at Hilton FL Marina in a Tower King Water View - absolutely loved it, wonderful staff and ask for a room facing the port so you can watch the ship(s) sail in during the morning!

Jo :)

Hilton FL Marina, tower water view, if you are a hilton honours member you can get some really good deals at this hotel. As jo24 said ask for a room facing the intercoastal waterway - get up at 5 am and watch the ships come in to the port.

Also check out the hilton mvp website - really good prices on here. In December I got a tower double intercoastal water view for $130 per night. The rooms aren't large but they are clean.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place and will be staying at the Hyatt House, Good hotel, close to shopping, eats, (You can walk to eating places), free breakfast and they have a starbucks in their hotel. Also, a shuttle will pick you up at the airport and will also shuttle you to the port. Loved the hotel.

We stayed at Extended Stay America Cruiseport on the 17th street causeway in Ft. Lauderdale. We were picked up at the airport within 10 minutes of calling and the shuttle was free. The hotel was in a great location. Across from a shopping mall and many restaurants. We took the hotel shuttle to the cruiseport the next day for $4.00 per person. It was a very short ride. The hotel was nothing fancy but clean and good for one night.

We've stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel in the past and will once again be staying there in March. Very clean, not expensive and friendly customer service. The pool area is really nice, and it's super close to the port.

Good luck in finding a hotel that meets your needs. If you are cruising in March, book soon, seems spring breakers are taking over the hotels and raising the prices a bit.

Any recommendations for hotels near the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale? We will be arriving the night before our cruise and I am looking for a CLEAN hotel!

We've stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center booked through valuetrips.com twice before and found everything to be acceptable (only there for the night) and inexpensive.

For our upcoming cruise we are staying at Best Western Plus Ft. Lauderdale Airport South, Dania Beach as the Hyatt Place was blocked out as 'special event' on the weekend of our upcoming trip.

Can't really comment on the Best Western as we haven't stayed there yet but I would have gone back to the Hyatt Place had it been available.

Although I used to stay near the port and go for the free breakfast buffet, I've stopped using the hotels next to the port. Those hotels are also filled with returning passengers from other cruises. The land based hotels don't follow all of the precautions required to avoid spreading the Noro virus or other flu type issues. I have no desire to start my cruise with Noro from the previous week. Select a hotel away from the port with a free shuttle to the hotel. Then just get your own cab for the ride to the port. Hotels away from the port will be a lot cheaper and more than offset the cost of the can ride.+

We've stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center booked through valuetrips.com twice before and found everything to be acceptable (only there for the night) and inexpensive.

For our upcoming cruise we are staying at Best Western Plus Ft. Lauderdale Airport South, Dania Beach as the Hyatt Place was blocked out as 'special event' on the weekend of our upcoming trip.

Can't really comment on the Best Western as we haven't stayed there yet but I would have gone back to the Hyatt Place had it been available.

I just noticed we are on the Allure on March 16, it sure is approaching fast. Now just wish we could get some warmer weather now!!!

We have stayed at Embassy Suites and it's good for the night before. The last time we stayed at Hilton Marina and the time before we did Hilton Beach Resort(Very Nice)..We will be trying the W Fort Lauderdale this time with a beautiful suite.(but this is very pricey)

Agree with all above posters on Embassy suites.

In addition to free cocktails in the evening and massive breakfast buffet we find the proximity to the shopping areas a bonus.

We walk 5 min. to the PUBLIX to get our last minute items and items we do not want to fly with....shampoos, suntan lotions that really put the weight on a suitcase.

Also love the pool.

The last time we were there they started to renovate the breakfast area, I hope the remodeling is done.

Sea Ya

I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn located on Commercial Blvd. I think it is a few miles away from the port. The hotels that are left in the seaport area are double and triple the price. I really didn't want to spend that much for just one night. I just wanted a clean room and a comfy bed to sleep in before we begin our cruising adventure!

I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn located on Commercial Blvd. I think it is a few miles away from the port. The hotels that are left in the seaport area are double and triple the price. I really didn't want to spend that much for just one night. I just wanted a clean room and a comfy bed to sleep in before we begin our cruising adventure!

Hi, Just noticed you post. If this is the Hampton Inn that you booked, you are a distance from the port and airport I would guess at least a $30 cab ride each way (or more) no where to eat within walking distance. Better to pay a bit more and get closer to port.

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Boulevard.

4499 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL ‎

I live in the Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton area

We always stay at the Embassy Suites, you can see the ships from your hotel room if you are on the correct side of the building. Port is a couple miles away....close to the airport also!

We love their drinks/snacks at night and the breakfast in the morning. They have a shuttle to the port, but we always take a cab, it's less than $10.

I agree.

My group enjoyed the Hilton Marina a few years back. Otherwise, we love the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort or Lago Mar. Those are not exactly right next to the port but they are awesome hotels! No complaints here.

I totally disagree about the Embassy Suites. We tried it twice and it was not up to Hilton Standards (I'm a Silver HH Honors by the way and have stayed at a lot of Hilton hotels). No matter where you stay, just do your homework, sometimes it really pays off.

Have a super trip!

Ive stayed at the Best Western "1221 Florida 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315"

Its a great location, close to some restraunts and grocery stores and liquor stores and the shuttle is 10$ a person to the cruise port. WE stayed there last may and plan on it again this next cruise

We have stayed at both the Renaissance and the Embassy Suites - both were clean, close to the cruise port and near acceptable restaurants/bars. The Embassy is a bit closer to a large liquor store if you are interested in getting wine to take on board - but both are within walking distance. Embassy Suites is also a good option if you have children with you (if was great when we had our 19 y.o. daughter with us). When it was just my husband and I the Renaissance seemed a bit better fit.

IMHO the free drinks and snacks are the Embassy Suites are over-rated. The first night we were there, there was a line of at least 50 people and only one bartender. (Perhaps this is an unusual occurrence - we had better experiences with the Embassy Suites in other towns). However, we did not think it worth waiting in line on vacation to save a few bucks. We walked down the street to an Irish pub and got great service there.

One of the best things about the Embassy Suites is that it's right across the street from Kelly's Landing....the best New England style sea food restaurant/pub south of Boston! In October we ate there three times!!!

Also, when we were there in October the Embassy Suites had some renovations happening in the main areas, so I would think the breakfast room, managers reception and the ponds will be all new and in great shape. We found the bar crowded also, but that was because of the renovations. In years past the managers receptions were held out in the atrium area. That was our 5th or 6th time there and also enjoyed it.