All alone on my roll call...

ME Guide

I'm pretty sad because I am all alone on my roll call. :(

Sailing on March 27, 2015 to April 6 --Ultimate Caribbean 10 Day cruise and started roll call January 12. People have posted to roll calls on cruises before and after but nobody has joined me on this roll call.

It's very lonely there…sniff sniff::(

It's 14 months away! We have to get through Spring Break, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Summer Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Spring Break AGAIN before March 2015. Maybe you need to book a cruise for the interim.

I've started roll calls that no one else posted on for a few months. I can guarantee someone else will eventually join you!:)

I see you first posted on 1/12-- just add a post every 30 days to bump it, or it will seem to disappear from the list of Equinox roll calls since most people have the boards set up to only show posts from the last 30 days.

I'm pretty sad because I am all alone on my roll call. :(

Sailing on March 27, 2015 to April 6 --Ultimate Caribbean 10 Day cruise and started roll call January 12. People have posted to roll calls on cruises before and after but nobody has joined me on this roll call.

It's very lonely there…sniff sniff::(

I've read before on CC that a lack of activity on a roll call can sometimes indicate that your cruise is a theme cruise or has a large group booked on the cruise. Sure enough, I did a quick google search and found that this sailing seems to be a motorcycle cruise. http://www.cruise-eta.com/event/motorcycle-cruise-327-406-2015/

Maybe that in combination with it being over a year away has to do with lack of roll call activity.

Hi Viva,

Yes, discovered that ETA which is a motorcycle group was indeed on that cruise but not worried. I posted that information on an earlier thread and thought it might be a charter but it isn't that I know of at this time. Several posters had great things to say about this group of bikers.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I'm sure things will change.

Always have enjoyed each cruise we have taken and looking forward to it even though it is more than a year away. ho hum...

You do all know, I hope, that bumping like PartyAll suggests is against the forum rules?

That's why you don't "bump" it you just post some comment that has the same result.

You are both correct, technically. In the case of posting on the general forums, such as this one, it's rude and certainly against the rules, because it's distracting from other threads. On a roll call, posting an additional comment, even something like "Hey, anyone there?" may not impart more information, but it keeps the roll call thread "alive" so when someone does come looking for it, they can find it. Effectively, it's a bump, but it causes no harm.

I've been lurking on several roll calls to try to find info on various itineraries. Participation varies a great deal. Some have hundreds of posts. Others like the one for my June cruise not so much. We finally are starting to get some posts and participation but it still doesn't seem like a great many folks are going on this cruise.

You are both correct, technically. In the case of posting on the general forums, such as this one, it's rude and certainly against the rules, because it's distracting from other threads. On a roll call, posting an additional comment, even something like "Hey, anyone there?" may not impart more information, but it keeps the roll call thread "alive" so when someone does come looking for it, they can find it. Effectively, it's a bump, but it causes no harm.
In other words... it's not a bump unless you say "this is a bump". ;)

Sort of off topic, but along the lines of empty cruises. Is there a way to see the filled cabins ala airlines and the select a seat feature? Or a site that list available rooms? (Other than just going through the celebrity website and documenting every available room?)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums