Here is Explanation of Drink Packages/Prices & Bar Menu Prices.

JB3

So how often can you get another drink with the package?
As soon as you're done consuming one, if you wish to get another one, just order it. You can also get an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time if so desired, or a glass of fresh squeezed juice with an espresso at Cafe al Bacio, things that go together. If you want to get a shot and a beer, the bartender has to wait a little bit before keying the second item into the system.

As soon as you're done consuming one, if you wish to get another one, just order it. You can also get an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time if so desired, or a glass of fresh squeezed juice with an espresso at Cafe al Bacio, things that go together. If you want to get a shot and a beer, the bartender has to wait a little bit before keying the second item into the system.

Not always true about being able to order an alcoholic and a non-alcoholic at the same time. At the Oceanview Cafe bar on Eclipse they would not give me a glass of wine and a bottle of water at the same time. Same with the Martini bar. Only place they let me order both at once was the dining room.

Edited by We're The Groupnors

Not always true about being able to order an alcoholic and a non-alcoholic at the same time. At the Oceanview Cafe bar on Eclipse they would not give me a glass of wine and a bottle of water at the same time. Same with the Martini bar. Only place they let me order both at once was the dining room.

What if you have the classic non-alcoholic package? Can you get a soda and a water at the same time?

I was going by my first hand experience in October on the Summit. Numerous times over the week I ordered a Martini and a San Pellegrino at the Martini Bar with no problem' date=' so I guess it's a case of YMMV.[/size']

At the end of the week is there a tally of the number of drinks ordered? I have the drink package on my Silhouette cruise in 5 days (YEA!) but I also have a cruise on RCCL in July and want to figure out if it is worth it.

At the end of the week is there a tally of the number of drinks ordered? I have the drink package on my Silhouette cruise in 5 days (YEA!) but I also have a cruise on RCCL in July and want to figure out if it is worth it.

Your stateroom folio will have an itemized list of what you have consumed, but not the corresponding prices.

So it's safe to say that if you upgrade to the premium package you won't be required to pay for tips (unless we chose to hand cash tips to exceptional staff) on beverage consumption? We have both classic beverage package and OBC and will likely upgrade to premium for finer wines and avoid the gratuities on beverages.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Forums mobile app

So it's safe to say that if you upgrade to the premium package you won't be required to pay for tips (unless we chose to hand cash tips to exceptional staff) on beverage consumption? We have both classic beverage package and OBC and will likely upgrade to premium for finer wines and avoid the gratuities on beverages.

You will pay the 15% on the upgrade cost. I THINK the daily cost of the upgrade is $10/day. You need to add the 15% gratuities to that, making the actual total cost of the upgrade from classic to premium $11.50USD per day per person.

Should you choose to tip above that, best to do it with cash, since one of the great things about the package is no slips to sign.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Edited by jkgourmet

Thank you that is what we thought and we always tip above for good service!

And if you wish to sample a glass of wine or a craft beer that is over and above the 13.00 limit, all you'll do is pay the difference plus 15%. So if it's 15.00, you'll pay 2.30. If you did not upgrade to the Premium level, then you would have to pay the entire 15.00 plus 15% or 17.25.

This is the description of the beverage package from the Reflection. Hopefully it will answer some questions.

Reflect_Dec13_Menus_IMG_2940.jpg

So am I correct that the there is no limit on how many you order? Some of these say unlimited and others don't. Please clarify as I am trying to decide what to do. Thank you. Other lines specify number of drinks per day??

The only limit is that you can only order one at a time for yourself. If you have a cooler, you can't order 6 beers to go to enjoy in your cabin. You need to order individually. If you and your SO both have the program and you walk up to a bar and order 2 drinks with 2 cards in hand, that's OK. The only line that I know of that has a daily limit is Carnival, at 15 alcoholic drinks pp per day.

The only limit is that you can only order one at a time for yourself. If you have a cooler, you can't order 6 beers to go to enjoy in your cabin. You need to order individually. If you and your SO both have the program and you walk up to a bar and order 2 drinks with 2 cards in hand, that's OK. The only line that I know of that has a daily limit is Carnival, at 15 alcoholic drinks pp per day.

Perfect...that is what I needed to know.....it sure seems like a good deal to me. Between coffee, cokes, bottled water and drinks we easily spend that much on a week cruise. This way we can try some new things. Thanks for the response.

And if you wish to sample a glass of wine or a craft beer that is over and above the 13.00 limit, all you'll do is pay the difference plus 15%. So if it's 15.00, you'll pay 2.30. If you did not upgrade to the Premium level, then you would have to pay the entire 15.00 plus 15% or 17.25.

I do not believe that this is correct that you can make up the difference.....even with the upgrade........but will leave it to others more experienced to comment/confirm....And what you said about paying the total amount is Definitely true with the Classic Package..........Why is Celebrity being so coy about telling us the rules until we buy/board the ships..???

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

I do not believe that this is correct that you can make up the difference.............but will leave it to others more experienced to comment/confirm..............I read otherwise on a Celebrity site but cannot quote that now and will find out what the policy is in September with our 123Go package

The difference can be paid only if you have the premium package.....the full amount would have to be paid with the classic package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not believe that this is correct that you can make up the difference.....even with the upgrade........but will leave it to others more experienced to comment/confirm....

Did it several times last week on Reflection in several bars/restaurants - premium package.

I do not believe that this is correct that you can make up the difference.....even with the upgrade........but will leave it to others more experienced to comment/confirm....And what you said about paying the total amount is Definitely true with the Classic Package..........Why is Celebrity being so coy about telling us the rules until we buy/board the ships..???
I am going by first hand experience from my sailing on the Summit last October and this has been confirmed many times by others who have posted the same thing on these boards. The only time you'll exceed 13.00 is with some wines, cognacs, single malt scotches and some higher end craft beers such as Chimay.

The difference can be paid only if you have the premium package.....the full amount would have to be paid with the classic package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is true. Premium only pays the difference. :):):)

BILL

I am going by first hand experience from my sailing on the Summit last October and this has been confirmed many times by others who have posted the same thing on these boards. The only time you'll exceed 13.00 is with some wines, cognacs, single malt scotches and some higher end craft beers such as Chimay.

I am a "wine snob" :rolleyes::) and many of the better wines on the ship exceed the $13.00 per glass price. I for one, am glad I only have to pay the difference with the premium pack. :)

BILL

Even better, get the sommelier to pair different wines by the glass with each course. The price will be within the premium package. That's what we do and have never been disappointed.

What a great idea! I'll have to remember this for our cruise next year. We'll be at the late seating, so it should be easier to do than if we were in My Time Dining.

Maybe I missed this trying to read all previous pages in one sitting, but, if you have Premium Beverage are the Classic Beverage options included ie. Jack Daniel's?

Edited by sasset

Maybe I missed this trying to read all previous pages in one sitting, but, if you have Premium Beverage are the Classic Beverage options included ie. Jack Daniel's?
Yes, with the classic the beer limit is 6.00 and the wine and mixed drink limit is 8.00. With the premium the limits are 13.00 in all three categories. If you have the classic and you want a drink that is 9.00, you will be charged the entire 9.00, not just the difference. But, if you have the premium and there is a drink you want that is 15.00, you'll only be charged the 2.00 difference, plus 0.30 tip.