Anyone take Seabourn 10 hour Tour to Normandy from Rouen?

dafne

Going on Cruise that docks in Rouen. Seabourn has 10 hour tour- Called "Landing Beaches of Normandy." Has anyone been on this? If so how was the Seabourn tour?

Thanks.

I think we may be on the same cruise (Quest from Barcelona?). We are thinking of renting a car (around $100 for the day from Hertz) and doing it ourselves.

We did the tour on another line and, like Roxburgh, would hire a car next time. Either way you do it, be prepared for emotional moments at the Colleville Sur Mer cemetery. The museum at Caen is worth the time and the bunker remains and cliffs along the way make it hard to believe that soldiers actually climbed them under fire. It is a visit we will never forget. Then, remember you are in the Calvados region. Must have some of that tasty spirit with lunch.:D

This is one where I am more than happy to do it myself. Having lived in Geneva for some years, I have driven in France many times and speak French. And I am sure that I can manage without an alcoholic drink until we grt back to the ship.

We took the Seabourn 10 hour tour and thought it was an excellent tour. A very emotional day all round. Having said that, if you are familiar with driving in France or can find a private guide then either of those options would be preferable. It gives you more freedom to decide where you want to spend more time, either the beaches or the war cemetery. I would suggest that at the museum at the beach landing you take a guided tour (if you drive yourself) as the history that is imparted as well as pointing out where the landing occurred is really invaluable.

We took the Seabourn 10 hour tour and thought it was an excellent tour. A very emotional day all round. Having said that, if you are familiar with driving in France or can find a private guide then either of those options would be preferable. It gives you more freedom to decide where you want to spend more time, either the beaches or the war cemetery. I would suggest that at the museum at the beach landing you take a guided tour (if you drive yourself) as the history that is imparted as well as pointing out where the landing occurred is really invaluable.

Do you recall how much the Seabourn tour cost?

Going on Cruise that docks in Rouen. Seabourn has 10 hour tour- Called "Landing Beaches of Normandy." Has anyone been on this? If so how was the Seabourn tour?

Thanks.

I did this tour on the Pride - though we docked in Le Havre. As a solo traveler it wasn't a bad tour - but it seemed to skip a lot of museums in favor focusing mostly on the Mulberry harbors.

Pictures from my trip available here to give you an idea of what we saw: Click Here

• 2 months later...