NCL Sun pre book meals or not?

Mac15

Hi

We can book meals for our forthcoming cruise next week. 1st time on this ship so grateful to understand whether others think it would be beneficial to book in advance or not. It's my birthday when on board so want to do the Japanese on the big day and don't want to miss out. Also how do you book for a table with friends also travelling so we can sit together?

Thx in advance

N

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The only specialty restaurant consistently full on our December cruise, was the Teppanyaki. So you might want to reserve that one. As I recall, they have seats around an hibachi table, so not separate tables as such. You may want your friends to also reserve, unless you are comfortable footing the bill for all of you.

Definitely book the Teppanyaki if possible. That area on the Sun is very small. Maybe 10 -12 people at a time. Very few people can be accommodated during the evening. I want to say there is only one grill!

We did not do this one on our Christmas cruise on the Sun but it was always full. Due to the holidays I pre-booked Christmas and New Years Eve and that was smart. (East meets West and LeBistro) Those evenings were full and many wanted in and were not able to get in. However, on the other evenings we walked up and had no problems getting in. I think it depends on the cruise.

There are two grills at Teppanayki on the Sun - total is 20-24 people served during one seating. Generally, you do not have to make a reservation ahead of time but considering you are celebrating a special occasion, I think you should go ahead and make a reservation. You will need to reserve the total number of seats desired and will be required to pay with a credit card.

Thanks for all your help. Will probably try to just book them all on Monday when it opens and get the cash from our friends. Have any of you travelled in a group before? How do handle the drinks bill? We normally have a drink money budget that we put the same amount of money in effectively just splitting the bill. This will not be possible this time unless we track all receipts. Any wise words gratefully received

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App