Help! Marina Deck

travel39046

We were just assigned to M 424 on the Royal sailing Sunday. They call this an upgrade but it is right below the sky walk and the lido deck. Sound like it would be noisy and not private. Please respond if you have been on this deck. Also do you gave to take the room you are assigned?

We were just assigned to M 424 on the Royal sailing Sunday. They call this an upgrade but it is right below the sky walk and the lido deck. Sound like it would be noisy and not private. Please respond if you have been on this deck. Also do you gave to take the room you are assigned?

My brother had R424 on July sailing. This is a mini suite and an angled balcony that is much larger than the regular balconies. No problem with the sky walk. Nice cabin. I'm not sure if one floor below Lido would be noisy. Hopefully, someone who was on Marina deck could give you a better idea of noise.

Edited by BRANDEE

You don't have to take what they offer you but then you go back to a GTY.

I had M611 and my sister had M525, and we both experienced a LOT of noise. But then we were under the Horizon Court. It shouldn't be too bad in M424 as you're under where the SeaView Bar starts. It's a convenient location right near the elevators but there aren't stairs in case that affects you.

Yes, I am hoping that someone on Marina deck will respond. We were on a Celebrity cruise last year and they "upgraded" us to a suite below the lido deck and it was horrible with carts rolling all hours of the night.

Go to "Search this Forum" on right top of page. Type "Royal Marina Question". Looks like you are right about the carts. Hopefully you can turn down the upgrade. Also looks like your cabin is right below the Sea View Bar. Good Luck.

You don't have to take what they offer you but then you go back to a GTY.

Hopefully you can turn down the upgrade. Also looks like your cabin is right below the Sea View Bar. Good Luck.

With only 4 days to go before the cruise, acceptable alternatives may not exist.

• 2 months later...

Acosmo, we are booked in cabin M424 Aug 14. How was the noise level in your cabin from the bar? We're people able to look down and into the suite from the bar? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

The port side cabins (even numbers) have a bit more privacy than the starboard side (odd #s) because the sea-view bar isn't as open as the sea-walk on the other side. This does make it a bit darker though due to lack of sunlight penetration.

If people take the time and effort to bend down and look, they will be able to see your balcony and even into your cabin itself (if the curtains are open of course) through the glass plates of the sea-view bar's floor.