Will Princess Port Check In Personnel Have A Stapler Available For Ship Bagage Tag?

florida lover

They absolutely do and they can also print your tags should you accidentally forget yours. :)

Check-in personnel are seen after you have already given your luggage to the porters.

The porters should have access to the old type luggage tags on which you need to write your name and cabin number.

However, for the OP I sugge4st forget the stapler idea. Fold as directed while at home and punch a hole in the tag. Then when you want, tie it on with an electrical tie (best) or a twist tie (not as secure).

Check-in personnel are seen after you have already given your luggage to the porters.

The porters should have access to the old type luggage tags on which you need to write your name and cabin number.

However, for the OP I sugge4st forget the stapler idea. Fold as directed while at home and punch a hole in the tag. Then when you want, tie it on with an electrical tie (best) or a twist tie (not as secure).

The OP said port check in - I figured that was at the pier? and they meant baggage porters? Why would you still have your baggage when you enter the port?

Speaking from experience, go to amazon and purchase plastic holders specifically made for the cruise paper tags. We had some of these tags attached to our luggage and they arrived at the room very quickly. However we decided to give our carry on bags to the porter so we didn't have to carry them on the long walk to the Royal. Didn't have extra tags in the holders and decided to just staple them to the handle. Big mistake!! Somewhere along the transport the bags got wet either from sprinkles or something dripping on them. One bag ended up with a smeared torn tag and the other bag had the tag completely ripped off. Didn't get these bags until after dinner and after going to pursers desk twice to have them tracked down. Very unsettling to say the least, especially when you carry on has essentials! Our fault in allowing them out of our sight, but it could happen to any luggage tag that is just stapled or taped. At the very least use plastic contact paper or laminate tags and don't rely on staples alone.

Lynn in snowy Midwest

Leaving for Aruba on the Crown in 3 days

The OP said port check in - I figured that was at the pier? and they meant baggage porters? Why would you still have your baggage when you enter the port?

Ok now I'm confused. We will be arriving at pier/ & terminal 2 by cab. At what point will we check our baggage in, will it be before we see any Princess reps, will we handle our baggage after the porters take it before it's delivered to our cabin?

What should we do if we need to transfer items from our carry on to our baggage before we give it up?

Thank you!

Ok now I'm confused. We will be arriving at pier/ & terminal 2 by cab. At what point will we check our baggage in, will it be before we see any Princess reps, will we handle our baggage after the porters take it before it's delivered to our cabin?

What should we do if we need to transfer items from our carry on to our baggage before we give it up?

Thank you!

You sure will come upon the pier porters first and they will check in and take your bags/luggage/water that you would like them to and it will be delivered to your cabin. I would have the items in your carry on bags added to your luggage prior to the unload at the pier. You can always add it to your luggage as the porters are checking your bags in.

Edited by marazad16

Just get the plastic holders. They are GREAT! I got mine from Favors by Serendipity but Cruise Critic also now sells them in their store. The ones from CC are located here.

Edited by Thrak

Originally Posted by florida lover

Thank you!

As soon as the cab pulls up, your luggage will be taken by the porters after which you will go into the terminal, go through security, and then check-in with the Princess reps. You will not see the luggage the porters have taklen untill it is delivered to your cabin.

If you have items to transfer from carryon to checked luggage, best to do it before you get the cab. You probably do not want to do this out on the street when you exit the cab.

Buy 2 inch wide tape, you can get it at the Dollar store.

Print tags at home, cut the tags out and laminate them with the tape.

Leave a small amount of tape exposed on either end.

Put pieces of wax paper over the exposed tape.

Your tags are ready to be installed when you arrive at the dock and will be tear proof.

Bon Voyage

We have always gotten clear laminated sheets and put them over the luggage tags. We learned long ago to put them around the handle and staple them before we leave home for airport. And we take extra tags with us along with a really small stapler in case. We haven't had to use it yet. We even tag our carryons. I once read where someone lost luggage on the flight and because the cruise tag was on the luggage they tracked it to the ship and the case was delivered right to the pier by airline!!! In time too! But I also like idea of plastic holders and will look into that.

If you have items to transfer from carryon to checked luggage, best to do it before you get the cab. You probably do not want to do this out on the street when you exit the cab.
I agree. Things will happen very fast and you'll feel rushed.

I use the clear tape. At home, fold paper tags as directed, then cover completely with the clear strapping tape. Wrap around luggage handle and staple. I then put the clear strapping tape over the stapled part. It has never come off, ever on overseas flights with several stops. As mentioned, it's very hard to get them off once u r aboard - I had to cut them off. I did buy & use the clear Luggage Tag Holders once - they were all stolen off all 4 of our suitcases in the Frankfort airport. Luckily I always carry extra tags with me, and had to put them on at the airport before we boarded the transfer bus.

I use the clear tape. At home, fold paper tags as directed, then cover completely with the clear strapping tape. Wrap around luggage handle and staple. I then put the clear strapping tape over the stapled part. It has never come off, ever on overseas flights with several stops. As mentioned, it's very hard to get them off once u r aboard - I had to cut them off. I did buy & use the clear Luggage Tag Holders once - they were all stolen off all 4 of our suitcases in the Frankfort airport. Luckily I always carry extra tags with me, and had to put them on at the airport before we boarded the transfer bus.

We have old school clamshell hard suitcases. I'm thinking that also taping an extra copy of the baggage tag on a flat spot by the handle might be a good idea?

Thank you for the writeup!