SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

Its a horrible nasty creature that will ruin your whole trip. No not really. Frankly unless you bang your noggen on it you won't even notice it after a couple of days. And yes, I have banged my noggen on it out of pure inattention. I can't say enough good things about the aft Vista (S6) suites. Let us know what you thought when you get back.

Leaving next week on the CB in an aft vista. First time on Princess; first time in aft suite (we are in vista S6 suite). How comfortable is the current balcony furniture? I've been reading another thread about how uncomfortable people are, but am hoping that the suites have upgraded furniture. We plan to spend lots of time out there! Thanks! :D

Leaving next week on the CB in an aft vista. First time on Princess; first time in aft suite (we are in vista S6 suite). How comfortable is the current balcony furniture? I've been reading another thread about how uncomfortable people are, but am hoping that the suites have upgraded furniture. We plan to spend lots of time out there! Thanks! :D
Suite furniture is quite different. This was the balcony furniture on our Vista suite on the Sapphire. Enjoy :)

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

We booked the window suite on Grand to Alaska because it was almost the same price as the mini suite. Now how are we going to go back to a mini? The absolute best thing was Sabatini's breakfast. Even if you don't think you want breakfast - go. I loved their Eggs Benedict and then tried my DH's favorite - the poached eggs over those potatoes. He even wanted me to try and find those "angled serving dishes" they serve them in. Being able to order lunch and dinner from the dining room is a great perk too. We are saving to get a Vista suite to Hawaii maybe next year.

Looks plenty comfy to me! Can't wait to be on that balcony!!!
I'm a bit more active than DW. She spent a fair amount of time in one of the loungers during the daytime. It is easy to fall asleep in the loungers ;) On one cruise our steward had two of the plaid blankets used for MUTS already in our cabin. On our last trip we just went down there and picked up a couple. Nice for when it is cool in the morning or evening. You will enjoy it :)

I'm a bit more active than DW. She spent a fair amount of time in one of the loungers during the daytime. It is easy to fall asleep in the loungers ;) On one cruise our steward had two of the plaid blankets used for MUTS already in our cabin. On our last trip we just went down there and picked up a couple. Nice for when it is cool in the morning or evening. You will enjoy it :)

Great suggestion for the blankets; thanks!

Do the suite perks apply to the mini-suites as well? If not what is the benefit of a mini suite over a balcany cabin?

No they apply to full suites only.

The extra space with tub/shower combo and two televisions in a mini.

Mike:)

Something no one else has mentioned...it is possible to exchange your entire mini bar for two coffee cards or a bottle of wine; or you can exchange half your mini bar for one coffee card, although the espresso beverages at Sabatini's for breakfast (our favorite perq) might be enough.

Do have afternoon tea at least once in your suite. The only bad thing about any suite is being spoiled forever and needing to sail in a suite almost all the time in the future.

The only bad thing about any suite is being spoiled forever and needing to sail in a suite almost all the time in the future.

So true!

We made the mistake of sailing in a suite on our first cruise and you know the rest of that story . .. . .

It was good to see you last week.:D

We booked our first suite in 09 to celebrate our anniversary, honeymoon, (which we never had) and birthday. Problem is we never went back to the balcony. It spoiled us we enjoy the extra pampering and amenities on the ships. One thing that is nice is free laundry on Princess. A note to Debbdo we will be on the same cruise.

Jim:):):)

We're in the same boat (pun intended) We've pretty much found it impossible to go back to mini-suites, so now we only cruise twice a year instead of 3 times. Our favorite perk is breakfast at Sabatini's; love those mimosas! A great new perk is the opportunity to eat dinner the first evening at one of the specialty restaurants; just call dining services when you get to you cabin, excuse me, suite and make a reservation. Be prepared for some vibration in your suite, especially when the ship is leaving a port. You're going to have a great time!:)

On cruises of 6 nights or longer, just for clarification.

Actually, recent practice has varied by ship. It has been reported no free dinner on Embarkation day per policy on the 4/5 day cruises out of Port Everglades (FLL), but is was offered on the 3/4 day cruises out of San Pedro (LA) :confused: Last year someone did two one day repos from Seattle to Vancouver. One ship offered the free dinner and one didn't. We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sapphire on January 20th :) Assume no free dinner on the short cruises, but you might be pleasantly surprised. Edited by IECalCruiser

Yes, there have been exceptions reported but Princess official statement is for 6 day or longer cruises.

We weren't lucky on either of our B2B segments on the Ruby out of FLL February 1st.:(

In lieu of the most traveled passenger gathering on the shorter segment, they did offer comped dinner at either of the specialty restaurants any evening on the cruise. Mike, Wes and I got third most traveled on the shorted segment - shocked, and most pleasantly surprised. Our first piece of crystal from Princess.

A couple of days ago, I booked D736 (a vista suite) on the Grand Princess for a Pacific Coastal in April 2015. We've never sailed Princess before, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

I noticed on the suite perks list it said a one-time bar set-up is included. Can anyone tell me what's included in that?

Thank you.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Scotch - Dewars

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- Two (2) .5 Liter Waters

- Two (2) 11oz Perriers

Last week I swapped the Cognac, Vodka and Scotch for 6 additional Beefeater and the beer, coke, sprite, water and Perrier for 10 cans of Sprite Zero.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Scotch - Dewars

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- Two (2) .5 Liter Waters

- Two (2) 11oz Perriers

Last week I swapped the Cognac, Vodka and Scotch for 6 additional Beefeater and the beer, coke, sprite, water and Perrier for 10 cans of Sprite Zero.

Many thanks Mike! I appreciate it.

When we have been in Suites on HAL, they have a "Neptune Lounge" for suite passengers. You can get different foods all day and has a special coffee machine, too. There are private concierges, who will handle everything - no need to go to the front desk.

Does Princess offer something like this, too?

Thank you.

When we have been in Suites on HAL, they have a "Neptune Lounge" for suite passengers. You can get different foods all day and has a special coffee machine, too. There are private concierges, who will handle everything - no need to go to the front desk.

Does Princess offer something like this, too?

Thank you.

No special lounge for suite passengers on Princess. The front desk does have a special line for suite and Elite level passengers, so usually no waiting.

Jackie