SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

No you can not have Sabatini's breakfast delivered.

The suite occupants can have all their dining room meals delivered to their cabin via room service if they like.

Mike:)

Penthouse Suite has enough room to host a dinner party for all four, doesn't it? Because Room Service will deliver as many meals to the Suite as are ordered.

Afternoon Tea can also be ordered to the cabin by Suites (and Elite status). Enjoy!

What were your experiences with priority boarding upon embarkation?

In the Houston terminal there's a separate Preferred Lounge with comfier seats and breakfast food and beverage items. Very well organized and the Preferred boarders get ushered aboard right after the In-Transit and Special Assistance passengers.

In Ft Lauderdale the seats were the same type as in general boarding, no refreshments, and the boarding line was chaotic: it was split in two, with two Photographers... but one of the shipboard Scan Stations wasn't ready, so after pausing for the Embarkation Photo-Op that line just rejoined the line leaving the 'Preferred' seating and heading for the Photo-Op, around and around in a loop! Very funny to me but not for DW who was DONE walking and standing in line.

Pro Tip: First-Time Princess cruisers who book a Suite should print an extra copy of their Preferred Boarding Pass to ensure they can use the Preferred Area despite holding a lowly Blue Card. Not so much for the Princess staff but for the benefit of fellow Passengers who want to be helpful and re-direct them to the General Population! :cool:

Looking forward to our suite on Royal. Does anyone know the hours of the concierge lounge and what experience we can expect from the lounge. We really enjoy the Neptune Lounge on Holland America and this will be our first experience on Princess.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Looking forward to our suite on Royal. Does anyone know the hours of the concierge lounge and what experience we can expect from the lounge. We really enjoy the Neptune Lounge on Holland America and this will be our first experience on Princess.

Thanks in advance for the info.

14626656452_e5fd8a9287.jpg

14623899331_bf5a09931c.jpg

The lounge is actually open (at least it was for the Med-T/A last October) 24/7. It has a late/coffee machine along with some small snacks (at times they were pre-packaged)laid out. There were also a nice supply of books available to read. You use your room key card to gain access. I do not remember the hours when it is actually staffed.

What kind of suite do you have on the Royal. If it is an aft suite, you may have issues with the soot. In any case, enjoy your cruise.....:):):)

Bob

What were your experiences with priority boarding upon embarkation?

IMHO, how smoothly an embarkation goes depends on how many Suite/Elite/Platinum passengers there are on board. In 2011 (Ruby Platinum Level Cruise departing from Venice) embarkation was a total nightmare. All Suite/Elite/Platinum cruises were grouped together. There were so many elites/platinums on board they ran out of priority boarding cards. Their solution was to issue high number cards and count them as priority boarding. This created utter chaos when people with lower numbers griped about higher numbers being let on out of order.

For our Royal T/A (2013) embarkation couldn't have went smoother. We were in a suite and were in the second group to board. I heard from others who were also blown away how smoothly the entire process went.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Question, on the specialty restaurant, anyone have luck getting Princess to give the free night other than on 1st night? And if so, who did you talk to?

(BTW, this clearly isn't a make-it-or-break-it point for us, but since we enjoy traditional dining, I really do enjoy meeting our regular waiter the first night AND any dining companions AND it's also the day I feel most harried and least in the mood for specialty dining. FWIW, on NCL with no traditional dining, it's almost always a night I go to specialty dining, so go figure...)

What kind of suite do you have on the Royal. If it is an aft suite, you may have issues with the soot. In any case, enjoy your cruise.....:):):)

Bob[/size][/i]

We are actually in a forward suite this time. There were no penthouse suites when I booked and with all the talk about soot I decided to try a forward cabin. I like the idea of the front facing window too. We are going into this realizing we will get a lot of exercise walking the length of the ship several times a day.

Thanks for the pictures!

Does anyone have any feedback on the forward suites?

We are actually in a forward suite this time. There were no penthouse suites when I booked and with all the talk about soot I decided to try a forward cabin. I like the idea of the front facing window too. We are going into this realizing we will get a lot of exercise walking the length of the ship several times a day.

Thanks for the pictures!

Does anyone have any feedback on the forward suites?

Hi Snowesha we were in C102 for our recent Baltics cruise. We loved it. The bedroom is huge and the front facing window is great. There is plenty of storage space and a huge bathroom. You are right that you will do a lot of walking but it was worth it. The only warning I have is about the noise being at the front when you come into a tender port. We got quite a shock at the sound of the anchor being dropped. It is very loud! I have attached some photos of the suite for you.

Have fun!

Anne

P6030094.jpg.4ef1d28d99e79712e0b061a81c01916a.jpg

P6030095.jpg.3eb94fed017281a747c281e9db9ab165.jpg

P6030098.jpg.124bb66fe6f3b5140f36c50e24e472ee.jpg

P6030101.jpg.c9d04088b3454362bc43e8370d5b7d24.jpg

Hi Snowesha we were in C102 for our recent Baltics cruise. We loved it. The bedroom is huge and the front facing window is great. There is plenty of storage space and a huge bathroom. You are right that you will do a lot of walking but it was worth it. The only warning I have is about the noise being at the front when you come into a tender port. We got quite a shock at the sound of the anchor being dropped. It is very loud! I have attached some photos of the suite for you.

Have fun!

Anne

Thanks for the pictures, it looks wonderful. We will be in D122 which is one deck below the cabin you were in. We do have two tender ports so thank you for the heads up on the loud noise. We will be ready for it! Getting really excited!

Have fun!

Anne

Thanks for the pictures!

This is my first Princess Cruise. Do people in mini suites get any perks? We are in D 726 on the CB.

THANKS,

Cheryl

No perks for mini-suites other than a bit more cabin space and a tub instead of a dinky shower. Oh, and a warm glass of a sparkling alcoholic beverage pretending to be champagne.

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me how the closet in a suite compare to a closet in a balcony cabin?

I think the overall closet space is smaller in a full suite. It's a "walk-in" closet but very tiny. The other cabins have much more hanging area. If I remember right, there is a full length mirror on the door.

Jackie

No perks for mini-suites other than a bit more cabin space and a tub instead of a dinky shower. Oh, and a warm glass of a sparkling alcoholic beverage pretending to be champagne.

Jackie

We didn't even get the bubbly our last cruise in a mini on Royal. No loss.

I think the overall closet space is smaller in a full suite. It's a "walk-in" closet but very tiny. The other cabins have much more hanging area. If I remember right, there is a full length mirror on the door.

Jackie

Darn!! I was hoping for a BIGGER closet!! Oh well!

Ours is such a short cruise, I don't care as long as I'm on a ship!!! It's just fun to know ahead of time if there is anything extra special.

I did t get to watch the CB sail out today. I hope see only sailed out of port once, not twice like last week!!

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

I want to say that although Suites are truly the nicest way to go (especially Princess Suites) They are really not spoilers for me. Since we travel bt cruise ships many times each year, we can not afford suites every cruise. We will go in Ocean view if that gives us an extra cruise each year and have even gone back to insides on a semi-luxury line.

Shopping is the key for me. We are Elite and Diamond and get many of the suite perks without the price. I would never refuse a cruise because I could not go in a suite.

Suites rarely go on sale so Minis and Juniors are just fine. Concierge Class is a waste of money for me. BUT, OH how I love the extra sweet perks in a suite.

I found this description of a suite on stateroom.com, but I'm assuming it's outdated??

Is there a pillow menu?

"Luxury mattresses, ivory satin pinstripe bed linens, fluffy duvets in place of blankets. Luxury bathrobes, towels, Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows, Massage shower heads, bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts), Facial mist (choice of scents), Complimentary slippers, Fresh flower arrangement, Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night, Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up, Combined DVD/CD Players, DVD Library, Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity. Upgraded room amenities including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag, Complimentary Princess tote bag, Umbrella for use during the cruise. Expedited embarkation, Preferred Anytime Dining reservations, Personal shore excursion reservations, Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service, Complimentary shoe polishing service. Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included). Private portrait sitting. Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa."

There kind of is a pillow menu. There will be a sheet on the bed saying you can ask for other types of pillows, such as a neck pillow, but sometimes the cabin stewards don't know what the requested pillow is.

Never saw the umbrella but did see the shoehorn, shoe cleaning kit, eye mask, and other stuff. As you probably know, no longer free Internet. No choice in fragrances of the "facial mist", was that what it was? I only saw Linen fragrance the two times I had the opportunity to be in a suite.

Not sure about the private portrait sitting. Was offered it the first time but not the second. We didn't bother the first time, I didn't need a portrait with my sister.

Jackie