Just Wondering

Cruzin with BQ & CQ

My DW and I have booked a Sunset Veranda on Silhouette for this coming November. It will be our first time on Celebrity. My question is: Given the price of the SV verandah, are we missing something by not booking a Concierge Verandah, or an Aqua Class Verandah? We like the aft balcony, but the prices of the other classes of staterooms are very comparable. I guess what I'm asking are the additional amenities worth not having the aft verandah?

With our sailing status on RCCL, we will be going as Select in the Captain's Club which I understand gives us priority boarding. So it is about the amenities vs. the view. Thanks to all for your help!!

Just a word about priority boarding. Probably well over half the ship will have "priority" boarding -- all the Zenith, Elite, Elite Plus, Aqua, Concierge, and Suites, as well as the handicapped, will all have this. Don't expect to be first on the ship or anything.

Just a word about priority boarding. Probably well over half the ship will have "priority" boarding -- all the Zenith, Elite, Elite Plus, Aqua, Concierge, and Suites, as well as the handicapped, will all have this. Don't expect to be first on the ship or anything.

Yea, I get that but it's one of the benefits of the higher stateroom categories, which I already have, so it's why I mentioned it.

My DW and I have booked a Sunset Veranda on Silhouette for this coming November. It will be our first time on Celebrity. My question is: Given the price of the SV verandah, are we missing something by not booking a Concierge Verandah, or an Aqua Class Verandah? We like the aft balcony, but the prices of the other classes of staterooms are very comparable. I guess what I'm asking are the additional amenities worth not having the aft verandah?

With our sailing status on RCCL, we will be going as Select in the Captain's Club which I understand gives us priority boarding. So it is about the amenities vs. the view. Thanks to all for your help!!

Hi Cruizin with BQ,

Great question. The SV Verandas are very nice, but if you can obtain Aqua Class for about the same price ? I'd probably jump on that. One of the best benefits of Aqua is access to BLU, which a Dining venue for Aqua Class guests. You can read more about Aqua Class amenities here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_aqua_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

I hope this is helpful, and have a wonderful Cruise !

Hi Cruizin with BQ,

Great question. The SV Verandas are very nice, but if you can obtain Aqua Class for about the same price ? I'd probably jump on that. One of the best benefits of Aqua is access to BLU, which a Dining venue for Aqua Class guests. You can read more about Aqua Class amenities here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_aqua_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

I hope this is helpful, and have a wonderful Cruise !

Hey!! Thanks so much! Didn't expect to hear from you, but I appreciate it!

I wouldn't swap a SV for concierge as concierge perks have little value to most.

Now SV versus Aqua is a more difficult choice- we love Aqua & Blu so most likely would switch to AQ. Having said that we passed on AQ for an upcoming Alaska cruise for a aft cabin- hoping the sights are worth the trade-off.

If you enjoy the MDR on RCCL then you will enjoy Celebrity's MDR. However, I would grab the Aqua Class for the restaurant BLU. I find it heads and tails above the MDR food.

Have a great time!!!