How does Arcadia rate by Australians?

We were on a sector of the P&O (the real one) World Cruise and there was one lady who was the talk of the whole ship. She was on for the full cruise and came to the Dining Room in a different outfit each night.

I want her clothes budget! LOL

Money can't buy class or a half decent personality.

True! We were on the Royal Scotsman train last year and there was one guy who was a real prat. He made sure everyone knew that he was wealthy and was loud, rude and obnoxious. Sad to say he was Australian. :rolleyes:

We have been on Arcadia twice, one 20 day cruise from San Francisco and last year we were aboard for 53 days Southampton to Sydney.

We boarded in Southampton in January 2013 and the UK was in the grip of the worst outbreak of Noro with over a million cases reported. :eek: We thought that it would be odds on there would be people boarding who were affected. Sure enough, there was no self serve in the buffet until we got to Tenerife due to an outbreak on board. However, I think the ship handled it brilliantly as very few people came down with it and we never met anyone in the 53 days who had been affected.

I think you should enjoy the ship. She is quite elegant and as mentioned previously most of the passengers will be Brits with a fair smattering of cruisers from Australia and New Zealand (well at least on the segments heading back to Oz). We haven't found it to be snobbish at all - if it was, we wouldn't have gone back.

On formal nights most men do wear a tux, but it's fine for guys to wear a suit. If you can't be bothered there is always the buffet. During the day, anything goes as far as dress goes - well almost. One thing that does amuse us with all due respect to any Brits, is their love of the sun - a lot of them will lay out in the sun all day even in the tropics, slowly basting and turning bright red. :eek: Most of the Aussies stay in the shade!

Most of our cruises have been with Princess, both the local and overseas based ships and we think Arcadia compares favourably. For what it's worth, we have booked again for 2015, Southampton to Brisbane and we wouldn't be doing that if the ship was rubbish:D

Also, stating the bleeding obvious, the onboard prices are GBP.

There is only one way to find out if you will like the ship - book a cruise!

And the best thing of all re Arcadia, no rug rats ! Not even the Captain and senior officers have their children on board.

No, I have nothing against kids, have 2 plus 5 grandkids, but nice to cruise child free.

Edited by NSWP

And the best thing of all re Arcadia, no rug rats ! Not even the Captain and senior officers have their children on board.

No, I have nothing against kids, have 2 plus 5 grandkids, but nice to cruise child free.

I forgot to mention this and agree with you, it is nice to sail without children every once in a while!

BTW you will love the South American trip. We did that on Arcadia last year and the scenery as you sail through the Chilean Fjords is just breathtaking.

I forgot to mention this and agree with you, it is nice to sail without children every once in a while!

BTW you will love the South American trip. We did that on Arcadia last year and the scenery as you sail through the Chilean Fjords is just breathtaking.

Are they still not permitted to call at any Argentinian ports if visiting the Falklands? It caused an uproar reading the blogs from last year..

Jill:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Are they still not permitted to call at any Argentinian ports if visiting the Falklands? It caused an uproar reading the blogs from last year..

Jill:)

We start our Golden Princess cruise in Buenos Aires on March 1 and Falklands is on the itinerary. Should be ok for a Princess ship, but as you say the P&O UK ships had a problem last year.