Party of 11 for my time dining

backhli

We are a party of 11 on Allure of the Seas. When making reservations for my time dining, we can only reserve a table for 10 or get two tables because they will not reserve for 11. I would like to know what other parties have done in the past. We would all like to sit together. Two of the kids are smaller...could we squeeze the 11th one in and only reserve a table for 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a party of 12 on our last Explorer cruise but we did main seating. I sent an email to RCLdining@rccl.com with all our reservations linked and they actually confirmed a table number for us. Most times they will say they will make a note but its not guaranteed. Not sure what would be done for my time dining.

We are a party of 11 on Allure of the Seas. When making reservations for my time dining, we can only reserve a table for 10 or get two tables because they will not reserve for 11. I would like to know what other parties have done in the past. We would all like to sit together. Two of the kids are smaller...could we squeeze the 11th one in and only reserve a table for 10?

With a party this size you would be accomodated better with a fixed dining time rather than My Time.

Don't be surprised if there is a wait......

We did a party of 19 and used MTD. I did email the dining depth that another poster mentioned. We did eat at around the same time each night, but it would not have been a problem if we changed times as long as we told them ahead of time. It worked out great, they sat us at the same two tables each night. They were very accommodating on the Liberty.

Not sure anyone can answer this, but we will have MTD for a party of 10. Reading this post, it seems likely we won't have any problem. My question is, if we pre-book dining (my intention), do we need the reservation numbers of everyone for the dining reservation. or can one person simply reserve a table for 10?

We sailed on Legend thru the Canal in November last year. We had 11 adults and MTD.

We made reservations for 8 of us on line before boarding. The last 3 were 'last minute additions' to the cruise (2 months out). I emailed the dining folks and said that 2 tables, one for 5 one for 6 with the same waitstaff would be fine with us. They wrote back and said to check in with the 'host' that handles the reservations. They put the 11 of us at one big round table that was to hold 10, it was a tad tight, but we made it work. We went to dinner each night at 7, had the same table, same wait staff. One of us just stopped in at the host stand to let them know we were there.

Not sure anyone can answer this, but we will have MTD for a party of 10. Reading this post, it seems likely we won't have any problem. My question is, if we pre-book dining (my intention), do we need the reservation numbers of everyone for the dining reservation. or can one person simply reserve a table for 10?

you need their booking numbers....can't just ask for a reservation for 10....need names & booking numbers

largest tabels I saw( the big giant round ones) were for 8-10 and the one table that had ten was pretty crowded. fitting more chairs than that would almost certainly not be an option. and a high chair takes up more room than a regular chair

We had a party of 22 on a freedom class a few years ago and had no problems whatsoever. The group included 5 infants and 3 toddlers and the staff was marvelous each night. We used a pack and play to take care of the toddlers after they finished their meal (cheerios hah). They had several play toys and we even had a dvd player and they watched Barney and were at times satisfied. The staff was able to shove tables together and connect with a large sheet of plywood and then cover with a table cloth. We had late seating and all the other tables around us seemed to enjoy the playful banter between the wait staff and our children. I can only remember a couple of nights when the children were antsy. Our children were very well behaved and we had comments about how well behaved they were. The pack and play was situated so that the wait staff could maneuver in one direction and keep the flow going. We stayed behind on the first night to help with the clean up after the meal (cereal and bread etc. on the floor around the tables) but the wait staff would have none of it they thanked us for the offer but they seemed to have no problem with the evening. The wait staff loved the kids and kept the cereal coming as the meal progressed from one course to the next. The smaller babies were good as babies go they did cry some during the week but that is to be expected with babies and is normal. They will go above and beyond to make your cruise special! I think on one cruise several years ago on the majesty a large group of 40 was able to eat together they had tables connected one after the other it was so nice to see the family together. They have several high chairs so if need one just ask. I am loyal to Royal.

You can wait until you board, as long as everyone has MTD...then, go to the dining room and make your reservation....you CAN get a table for 12, but they do need to know in advance....large parties are hard to seat without a reservation. You do not need to "link" reservations for MTD.

If you plan to eat at the same time nightly, the easiest way is to have a traditional seating time...that way, your table is ALWAYS ready and waiting just for you! You would need to "link" reservations for this option.

Edited by cb at sea