Princess Excursions Question

Whimsy

They do not save any for online booking. So if they sell out in advance, they will only have last minute cancellations to sell on the cruise.

True! We were on a B2B a few weeks ago. Walked by the Shore Excursion Desk and some had already been marked "Sold Out" before any new passengers boarded.

LuLu

~~~

When you board, your shore excursion tickets are usually in your cabin. Inspect them as you may have cleared the waitlist.

If you did not clear the waitlist, go by the shore excursion desk. No need to wait until it is open. Fill out the available form and indicate on it that you want to be waitlisted for that excursion and drop the form in the appropriate slot. Do this because sometimes the waitlist does not make it to the ship.

Definitely waitlist online before arriving at the ship. We wanted a particular shore excursion once and waitlisted it. I booked another excursion just so we'd have something to do. Those tickets were in our cabin on arrival. About 2 or 3 days before the port we received the desired tickets in our cabin. :D We immediately wrote "cancelled" on the ones we didn't want and put them in the box by the shore excursion desk. Worked like a charm. Never had to wait in any lines. ;)

Thank you for all the responses.

I see nothing on the tour other than sold out, no waitlist option. Good information to know in the future. As always, members here are very helpful.

I will check when we board. I wonder if the excursion is not offered for that day and they just have it as sold out instead of removing it from the menu. Just a thought.

Edited by Whimsy

Also consider that if an excursion sold out early, they may do something like using a 54 passenger bus instead of a 40. Suddenly their will be more spots. You never know. I would keep checking the web until the cruise and then visit the shorex desk. Does speak to why I like to book excursions I really want early. I grab spots as soon as my final payment and I have a booking code. (Easier to cancel a trip than get a spare spot.)