Transfer from venice cruise terminal to treviso airport

SeaWatch

When we flew to Treviso airport many years ago, they had a shuttle from the airport to Venice and back. I believe the shuttle was operated in collaboration with Ryanair, which was the only airline that went there at the time. What airline are you taking?

RyanAir - I will check it out, thanks! How was RyanAir?

It definitely was the most basic experience I've ever had. Now that we have kids, I would find it too stressful to use them. Make sure you know all their rules so that you aren't hit with unexpected fees.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone comment on how long it would take you to get from the airport to the boat taxi? I have not been to Venice in awhile and I can not remember if you have to take a bus to get to the water taxi.

Thanks

Your post does not make a lot of sense so lets try an unravel the issue. There is actually a dock at the Marco Polo Airport ( a bit of a walk from the terminal) where you can hire an expensive Water Taxi or get on the Alilaguna Boat (I think it is the Blu line). So if you want a "water taxi" you just pick up your luggage and drag yourself to the airport dock.

Now, if you are talking about the "water buses" better known as the Vaporettos then you need to get yourself to the Pizzale Roma..which is about a 25 min ride from the airport, You can get there by either taking a land taxi (not cheap), the reasonably prices and efficient ATVO express bus, or the even cheaper (but not very efficient) local ACTV bus (they have no luggage storage).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I'm guessing they're asking how you get to the water taxi dock at the airport? And if so, there's about a 5-10 minute walk (with luggage but there are carts to use) from the airport entrance to the dock area. It's mostly covered in case of bad weather and pretty flat.

Just to avoid confusion since two different airports are being discussed in the same thread:

Marco Polo is the main airport of Venice where most people will arrive. It is easily accessible by bus and boat.

Treviso is a different airport, which is further away and and primarily served by Ryanair. It is nowhere near the water and at least when we flew into it a few years ago only had a shuttle service that was offered through Ryanair.

• 1 year later...

The shuttle bus will probably terminate at Piazzale Roma. Look across the road from the square/parking area you are in and you will see a multi story car park/garage. At the left hand corner of this building as you look at it, is The People Mover, which is a monorail. It is €1.30, and you need to purchase a ticket from one of the four machines inside the entrance. Hop on for one stop and you will see the cruise terminal. 5/10 minutes walk depending where your ship is berthed. Look out in case there is a shuttle available.

• 1 year later...