Are these drinks menu prices accurate?

Memsy87

They appear to be current, and accurate....

To be safe, maybe figure an extra dollar, but they look very close to what I saw on some of the drink menus on Grandeur in November.....(I am referring to the mixed drink menu, as opposed to the one with all the beers, but just glancing at all the prices, they're not far off at all.....)

If they seem to be grossly overpriced, they are accurate.

I've always wondered about this; Do they seem grossly overpriced because everyone that cruises doesn't go to bars? Or is it just that much different where everyone else lives or bars they go to vs where I live and the bars I go to?

Outside of the domestic (swill) beer prices everything is on par with what I'm used to paying, nearly to the penny.

I've always wondered about this; Do they seem grossly overpriced because everyone that cruises doesn't go to bars? Or is it just that much different where everyone else lives or bars they go to vs where I live and the bars I go to?

Outside of the domestic (swill) beer prices everything is on par with what I'm used to paying, nearly to the penny.

That's it- it all depends on where you live. To people like our friends in NY the prices are reasonable or maybe even better.:)

Hey guys!

Thanks to those who have replied. I am glad to see that the prices aren't far from those in the link. I think they're great prices.

We are travelling on 27th April Allure for our honeymoon and were weighing up the pros and con of the drinks package.

Since we would really avail of the soft drinks/non alcoholic cocktails and water during the day it makes a lot of sense to us.

Especially since we will also be drinking alcohol during the evening :-) :-)

Just a note... when looking at drink prices don't forget they add on a gratuity... Maybe someone can let you know what it is... I just don't remember!! Enjoy Your Cruise!!! The Allure is WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks for posting this link! I love seeing some options to get me thinking of a cocktail in paradise.

Is it bad these drink prices (especially beer) seem reasonably priced to me?:rolleyes:

As my daughter and I are avid cocktail drinkers - these seemed reasonable to me as well!

Just a note... when looking at drink prices don't forget they add on a gratuity... Maybe someone can let you know what it is... I just don't remember!! Enjoy Your Cruise!!! The Allure is WONDERFUL!!!

The gratuity is 15% added to the price of the individual drink.

If you buy the package, the gratuity is included You need to calculate that cost when you are looking at prices for individual or packages

People report that they like not having to sign the credit slips when they have the package.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've never sailed RCL before...do they have beer buckets or any types of specials if you purchase say a six pack of beer?

Some brands, some times, some bars. It's not as common as on some other lines. The overriding "feel" of all of RCCL's alcohol policies is trying to make it easy to have a drink, and hard to get into trouble with it.

The wine is 3 times more expensive from what I buy in Portugal (talking about similar wines); cocktails, almost the double, beer, almost 3 times more expensive ;) Special coffee is what we call regular coffee which is less than a dollar.

:)

I've never sailed RCL before...do they have beer buckets or any types of specials if you purchase say a six pack of beer?

We bought this beer bucket from Allure sun desk. And got a lot of ice with it :D. I don't remember the price, but It was something like "buy 8, pay 7". You can refill it in any bar.

beer_bucket.jpg.d4219232691bbb674f721e65c3ce5588.jpg

Wonder why Bud Light is a dollar more than either Miller Lite or Coors Light?

$5.25 vs $4.25

Is Bud Light more popular so they charge more for it?

I can tell you for a fact that on our Oasis cruise, Coors Light was $5.25 and with tip, total $6.04.

The $4.25 quote is probably for a 12 ounce can, whereas the $5.25 is a 16 ounce pounder.

I'm not far from you over in Wisconsin and I think the prices aren't bad at all. They are almost exactly the same as the prices I pay while going out for dinner. The beer prices might be a little higher, but the mixed drinks and "froo froo" drinks look about the same, if not even a little less than I am used to paying.

Either you don't get out much, or you have a favorite bar/restaurant that treats you very well!