in room coffee pot

Thank you, I had this questions as well. My other question -

Is there decaf coffee provided?

Yes. Packets of both. Many persons, self included, take some 4 cup filters and our own preferred brand of coffee. And let me correct myself on my previous post. I previously said it was a 2 cup coffee maker. It is actually what Mr. Coffee and the rest describe as a 4 cup coffee maker (although in reality, they only make 2 reasonable sized cups).

Yes, they have small coffeemakers in the Balcony cabins on most NCL ships.

They don't have 'em in the Studio cabins on Epic, but the Studio Lounge has a machine you can make lattes and cappuchinos with. (Or just a cup of foamy milk... yum.) If they ever take that away I will cry.

Wait...stop the press....... They have coffee machines in the balcony cabins??

Don't tease me. This alone could make up for my booking issues.

And your coffee pot will be much newer too! ;). The Gem balconies have the four cup Mr. coffee pot and the Breakaway balconies have a sleeker newer version. I think it was the one cup kind where you slide the packet in (either way, yes, the balcony cabins have coffee pot)

coka

Yes, they have small coffeemakers in the Balcony cabins on most NCL ships.

They don't have 'em in the Studio cabins on Epic, but the Studio Lounge has a machine you can make lattes and cappuchinos with. (Or just a cup of foamy milk... yum.) If they ever take that away I will cry.

Thanks!! Good info. On Carnival I had to order room service to get my morning Joe. Not knowing what time I was going to get up kept me away from preordering coffee. If I ordered when I woke up, it took 45 minutes to get. Shuffling up to the buffet before my first cup of coffee is not as good as making a cup in the cabin.

Thanks

TOP TIP: when using the '4-cup' type (older NCL ships) we use 1 ordinary and 1 de-caf to get a reasonable strength brew. Also, we order a fresh milk from room service (which comes in a carton), so we have proper cow juice and not that awful UHT or turnip juice.

TOP TIP: when using the '4-cup' type (older NCL ships) we use 1 ordinary and 1 de-caf to get a reasonable strength brew. Also, we order a fresh milk from room service (which comes in a carton), so we have proper cow juice and not that awful UHT or turnip juice.

Do you know if Epic has the old 4-cup type? I heard it did and I was planning on taking small filters and my own coffee. Don't need the extra in my luggage if I can't use it.

Edited by Zoey

Yes, Epic has the old 4 cup coffee maker. We took our own 4 cup filters and coffee with us. We love coffee and it worked out perfectly. We set it up the night before with coffee and water and all we had to do was hit the button in the morning. PERFECT!

Yes, Epic has the old 4 cup coffee maker. We took our own 4 cup filters and coffee with us. We love coffee and it worked out perfectly. We set it up the night before with coffee and water and all we had to do was hit the button in the morning. PERFECT!

Great! Thanks.

Do they have the 4 cup coffee makers on the Sun as well in the balcony cabins?

Yes. The coffee makers we have always had on various NCL ships were the Hamilton Beach 4-cup models. Regular and decaf coffee provided.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1685733

Here is a link with the picture of the coffeemaker and what is provided. Your cabin steward will replenish everything daily.

*Tip - if you don't drink coffee, unplug the maker and use the additional electrical outlets to charge electronics etc.

We are in a Haven Spa Balcony. I see by the pictures they have a cappuccino/espresso machine in that cabin. Has anyone had any experience with these machines? Do they provide espresso pods and coffee pods? I love the smell of a cappuccino in the morning (smells like victory ;)).

We are in a Haven Spa Balcony. I see by the pictures they have a cappuccino/espresso machine in that cabin. Has anyone had any experience with these machines? Do they provide espresso pods and coffee pods? I love the smell of a cappuccino in the morning (smells like victory ;)).

Yes, there will be pods there (espresso, decaf, teas, etc) and you can ask your butler to bring you refills, milk for steaming, etc. Ask & ye shall receive :p

P.S. Your Butler will also be glad to teach you how to use your espresso machine - which is much better than trying to figure it out on your own!

Edited by puddles99
A little extra tip!

What about cream? Or do you they those 'fake creamers'? Is there a fridge in the room or any way to get real cream???

Most ships have fridges in the rooms. When I was on the Jade it was the weird cream that does not require refrigeration. I think dairy is normally sourced locally instead of shipped out of Miami.

You can always go up to the buffet and fill a glass with cream that you keep in your fridge.

Most ships have fridges in the rooms. When I was on the Jade it was the weird cream that does not require refrigeration. I think dairy is normally sourced locally instead of shipped out of Miami.

You can always go up to the buffet and fill a glass with cream that you keep in your fridge.

Sounds doable - as long as I have a fridge and/or ice bucket I am sure I can manage! Thanks :)