Own umbrella to Great Stirrup Cay?

Naismith

Is there any problem with bringing my own clip-to-chair umbrella, similar to this one, to Great Stirrup Cay?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Clamp-On-Beach-Umbrella/23944512

It does somewhat block the view of people behind me, but not much since they are looking at it sideways, and it is not one that can be angled. And since it is often attached to an arm rather than the top, it is not sticking up too far.

But I've never seen any pictures from the island of anyone using this kind of thing.

Since there is shade to be had without an umbrella, most folks don't bother. I don't believe there is a "rule" against them, tho! If you feel it will block someone's view, sit behind them!

Edited by cb at sea

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a great trip and wonderful day at GSC and I did bring the umbrella, which was well worth the hassle. There WAS a lot more shade than I feared might be available, especially since we were on a small ship, one of the first tenders. In addition to the covered picnic pavilions, there were some clusters of beach chairs in the groves of sea grapes both before and after the cabanas. I settled in the group on the far side of cabanas, right before the bar. It was a lovely filtered sunlight through the trees. But I still used the umbrella as a marker so that my husband could find me--he went right into the water snorkeling and worked his way around.

And I used the umbrella for walking around, because we walked past the lighthouse to the far end of the island. We only saw one other group making the hike, which I could understand because the sun was so brutal after a bit, but I was comfortable inside the umbrella. (It turns out that NCL wisely built all the stuff on the leeward side of the island. On that far end facing away, it was very windy and we flew a kite.)